• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

'ology

deesfan22

Hello. Used to post on here years ago but can't remember my login. So kind of a first time poster, long time reader.

The demise of Demonology led me briefly to BigFooty. Terrifying. So here I am.

Welcome back, hope the dees can improve in 2013 and you enjoy The experience now and then.

How did you get to be a Dees supporter in the WA wheat belt.

Or did you move there?

Hello. Used to post on here years ago but can't remember my login. So kind of a first time poster, long time reader.

The demise of Demonology led me briefly to BigFooty. Terrifying. So here I am.

Lovely to see you No5! Hope all is well where you are.

Welcome back, hope the dees can improve in 2013 and you enjoy The experience now and then.

How did you get to be a Dees supporter in the WA wheat belt.

Or did you move there?

Moved here, but you would be surprised - there are many crazy passionate Dee's fans in the West.

And hello Fan! Long time!

Moved here, but you would be surprised - there are many crazy passionate Dee's fans in the West.

And hello Fan! Long time!

So insanity is not restricted to Victoria!

fellow refugee here. I have been tempted by the bright lights before but my loyalty held firm until the wash up of Monday's game with what is looking more and more like the terminal decline of 'Ology. remarkable that it stayed afloat with no one really at the helm for so long, for me I think that was part of the appeal

there are only 2 reasons to go anywhere near bigfooty - the MS paint thread and the biffinator match previews

Conversely, I do reckon the moderation decision re: the Locker Room has made Demonland a poorer site than it was, though.

I am not a fan of the Locker Room either, makes discussion so disjointed. Preferred D'land before it.

• Like 5

I'd happily donate coin and support to giving Demonology a facelift and the basic functionality to join and moderate.

Demonology is very unique in that it was never really moderated until Tim became ill and tensions that had bubbled

under the surface for years exploded. Once the first eruption happened, spot fires became the norm and what was

largely moderation free had to change, the outcry against moderation was astonishing and given the niche groups it

was never going to be embraced, in hindsight , the moderating was heavy handed and that was mainly about showing

everyone that the sheriff had arrived in town. I think if Tim and Demonology had another opportunity , it'd be vastly different.

I hope Tim can be convinced to allow others to put new software in place and see if the site can make a comeback. The longer

it sits idle, the less chance it has of keeping those who have started posting here.

So if anyone gets the keys, let me know how I can contribute.

I'd happily donate coin and support to giving Demonology a facelift and the basic functionality to join and moderate.

I will donate as well if funds are needed.

The two forums have their role to play for us supporters. Demonland is undeniably HQ - it bursts with information and opinion on all matters Melbourne. I find myself stopping by from time to time when the action gets quiet on 'ology (and so do the media, it seems).

But 'ology ... I referred to it as the Melbourne Club a few pages back because it just feels like a club. It's a unique environment with a relaxed atmosphere filled with some extraordinary characters who act like oafs and engage in some ridiculous (but also entertaining and illuminating) cyber duels.

It's a charming place. It's barely functionable, with no signatures and what seems like decade-old software.

Give it back to us, someone?!

I'd like to see 'ology up and running again. I've never posted there but enjoy reading it from time to time. It certainly holds a place in the Dees supporter landscape.

I'm no good when it comes to IT skills but I'd be happy to donate if it helped getting the place functional again.

Maybe someone can start an unmoderated 'ology board here on 'Land in the interim?

Going back a few years now, I was browsing 'ology and 'land for a few months. My preception was 'ology really needed a sign out the front,beware the dog, it does bite. 'land seemed to be a bit more reserved, But I decided to join 'ology, if you keep kicking the dogs kennel it will come out and bite.

But I liked that it had a small number that posted interesting facts and comments, rather than volumes of posts, unlike here, much the same of the same. But it wouldnt allow me to register, so here I am, no regrets. I can see both surviving. Each to his own. So I hope 'ology can get the issues sorted out. I dont know Tim, maybe he needs a different approach, i believe he is very ill, handing over the reins, may seem to him his illness has defeated him. Just a thought. Hope for the best for the guys/girls at ology.

I'd prefer all the 'ologists just sucked it up and came here.

I loved Demonology, but it's a carcass now, truth be told.

There are quality posters here, if the ones from 'ology came here, that would be great.

UNITE!

(then relentlessly bag any idiots we come across here!)

• Like 1

There are quality posters here, if the ones from 'ology came here, that would be great.

UNITE!

(then relentlessly bag any idiots we come across here!)

But I don't feel like its our place to bag anyone on this site. Like that punter who started the thread about Magner being a liability. He'd be cactus starting a thread like that over the road.

Besides, Mikey will show up eventually and I'll want to commit violent crimes.

But I don't feel like its our place to bag anyone on this site. Like that punter who started the thread about Magner being a liability. He'd be cactus starting a thread like that over the road.

Besides, Mikey will show up eventually and I'll want to commit violent crimes.

I was only half serious re the bagging, hence the jocular brackets.

I remember when you went all Chookileaks on Mikey and posted those photos of him curling 12 ounce dumbbells. One of the most memorable internet moments ever.

Like that punter who started the thread about Magner being a liability. He'd be cactus starting a thread like that over the road.

In what way? He didn't exactly get a rousing reception here either.

But 'ology ... I referred to it as the Melbourne Club a few pages back because it just feels like a club. It's a unique environment with a relaxed atmosphere filled with some extraordinary characters who act like oafs and engage in some ridiculous (but also entertaining and illuminating) cyber duels.

It's a charming place. It's barely functionable, with no signatures and what seems like decade-old software.

Give it back to us, someone?!

That's not its roots though Deers. When I joined (2003? It was one of the "down" years under Danners) it was very inviting; I basically signed up and started posting on the spot once I found it. There were some serious intellects on there too, some of the epic battles between Mick Coglan pre-board, Deefan and rono (prior to when he dubbed himself "The Great") were must-read stuff. Poor old Ron has been yearning for it again for years, that's why he's constantly on the lookout for his old foe.

The cliquey boys club it has become is a very new thing.

As for resurrection, it could be done for free with a bit of labour from the tech heads like myself, but it all revolves around Tim giving someone the keys to the site. If he won't, the site is dead. I (amongst others) have everything necessary - the time, the skills and the will, but nobody's listened when I've put it up before. I've even done it before given I drove the "rebirth" of Demonland in 2005.

Anyway, the more days pass, the more people will stop waiting for it to come back up. Truth be told, I think now's the time to switch the life support off.

Guest Topophilia

Ok. So if Tim, for whatever reasons, doesn't want to give the site over to caretakers and there are members who'll, most graciously, do the required work for free then can we use the funds from those who are willing to contribute to make Tim an offer to buy the site? $100,000 ought to get it done, but maybe $1,000 might too. Seems a shame to let it slide when there are plenty willing and able to pass the hat, write the code and keep that form of demonic worship alive.

In the meantime, and if it passes that 'ology calls a 000 rather than a 666, I'll hang out here if I may.

Poor old Ron has been yearning for it again for years, that's why he's constantly on the lookout for his old foe.

My memory's blurry on this - was Ron organizing a ticket to challenge the board of the time?

You can imagine him quietly weeping right now, without someone to engage his opinion and question it, as opposed to straight-up taunting.

I'm pretty new to footy forums and only post on Demonland. What I don't understand is if someone has an opinion or wants to discuss something MFC related you can do it here. So excuse my ignorance but what's the difference between Ology and Demonland? Use your keyboard and spill ya guts it's all the same isn't it?

I'm pretty new to footy forums and only post on Demonland. What I don't understand is if someone has an opinion or wants to discuss something MFC related you can do it here. So excuse my ignorance but what's the difference between Ology and Demonland? Use your keyboard and spill ya guts it's all the same isn't it?

For some stupid reason 'land and 'ology communities used to look down their noses at each other. Why? Probably lost in the mists of time. The kind of craziness that can only happen on the internet.

• Like 1

For some stupid reason 'land and 'ology communities used to look down their noses at each other. Why? Probably lost in the mists of time. The kind of craziness that can only happen on the internet.

Cheers for the answer mate.