ENDING THE DAYS OF PAIN

Demonland

MacDonald definitely deserves another game because he's not as bad as our supporters say he is.

I'm glad Sylvia is back, but I hope it's "good sylvia" not "soft and pretender Sylvia" who is back in the side this week.

I hope "Good Moloney" turns up to play as well he's been out for a few weeks

MacDonald definitely deserves another game because he's not as bad as our supporters say he is.

I'm glad Sylvia is back, but I hope it's "good sylvia" not "soft and pretender Sylvia" who is back in the side this week.

A lot of "hope's" in there.

I hope so too.

Having dinner at Basilico's with my boys in Prahran tonight when one by one the Melbourne Midfield players came in for a meal must have been a bit of bonding. They went upstairs to the function room, the Captains Tappy Blease Spence Howe Jonsey Blease Bail Bate Magner and finally, just before we left, Beamer; it seems from the manager running the place it was Beamer who organised it.

Very strange?

Why bring back Sylvia without him earning his stripes with Casey due to a bye? Whats he done at training that has got his form back?

Both Davey & Morton whilst both deserved to be dropped have had far more disposals & impact than Sylvia?

Can someone who is going to those supporter meetings ask Neeld

• Like 1

Very strange?

Why bring back Sylvia without him earning his stripes with Casey due to a bye? Whats he done at training that has got his form back?

Both Davey & Morton whilst both deserved to be dropped have had far more disposals & impact than Sylvia?

Someone posted recently that we as supporters probably underestimate the impact that training form has on selection. Very true. The vast majority of us can only make assessments from what we see on the weekend

Having dinner at Basilico's with my boys in Prahran tonight when one by one the Melbourne Midfield players came in for a meal must have been a bit of bonding. They went upstairs to the function room, the Captains Tappy Blease Spence Howe Jonsey Blease Bail Bate Magner and finally, just before we left, Beamer; it seems from the manager running the place it was Beamer who organised it.

Interesting RobbieF

The amount of time modern day footballers spend together must to substantial.

I some times wonder if a team like the Dees might benefit from taking a few days off from each other.

Wonder if they realise there is more to life than the MFC.

Probably not, you do not get to play AFL unless you are driven and intense.

Must be hard when you put so much time and effort into it and come up with so little.

Not sure how they front up every week.

Guest Jackie

Would be great if we could cross a Joel Mac with a Jack Watts. That's if we get the best traits of each and not the other way round. We would then have a superstar.

So Colin-the-lazy-and-inappropriately-arrogant Sylvia has "earned" a recall??

His front running loud mouthed but underperforming colleague 22 has "earned" another chance.

Meanwhile Couch, promoted from the rookie list with some fanfare (though admittedly even without a game in several weeks due to injury and pathetic VFL scheduling) languishes "playing" yet another bye after burning off all opposition for the previous month with, so we hear, toughness and dedicated application.

There appears all the justice of a Guintanimo Bay trial. And we can't seem to get a team out there to all put in their heart and soul for the full 3,600 seconds.

Lets be honest though, Sylvia and Moloney would tear the VFL to shreds. They could go back there and lay 10 tackles and look like heros running into the backline to help out and kick a few goals as well, but it wouldn't really mean that much. If they do everything right at training then I think they deserve chances at the top level.

We can't keep rewarding poor performances, but we can't load the team full of VFL standard players either.

His front running loud mouthed but underperforming colleague 22 has "earned" another chance.

Meanwhile Couch, promoted from the rookie list with some fanfare (though admittedly even without a game in several weeks due to injury and pathetic VFL scheduling) languishes "playing" yet another bye after burning off all opposition for the previous month with, so we hear, toughness and dedicated application.

There appears all the justice of a Guintanimo Bay trial. And we can't seem to get a team out there to all put in their heart and soul for the full 3,600 seconds.

Couch was actually crook which is why he missed the last VFL game. That may have carried on a couple of weeks and was unfortunately poor timing for him. No doubt he is therefore short of a gallop and just needs another week in the vfl. If he plays well again he will get a call up, of that I have no doubt.

Macdonald, awesome he is the aswer to our problems. Dropping chest marks and spraying the ball. 20 goal loss this weekend. Ill be in the bull ring bar, feel free to join

Couch is too slow for AFL level. They are working on lifting his speed, and his ability to set up in the zone before they play him. Makes sense.

Secondly, I hope/have a feeling Garland or Rivers should line up at CHF. We need a bloke down there who can take a mark and would not be shocked to see that occur on Saturday night.

Couch is too slow for AFL level. They are working on lifting his speed, and his ability to set up in the zone before they play him. Makes sense.

Secondly, I hope/have a feeling Garland or Rivers should line up at CHF. We need a bloke down there who can take a mark and would not be shocked to see that occur on Saturday night.

Vs the current players at AFL Level?

Not to beat a dead horse but Sylvia coming back in without playing a game just proves what a joke the VFL comp is.

While on one hand I think it would be character building for Davey and Sylvia to be playing footy in the suburbs it really does nothing for the club that is their employer.

Davey has missed 2 games this year so far from being omitted, yet not played the game of footy he really needs to get himself up and going. Hopefully he gets that this weekend.

Sylvia shouldn't play because he didn't earn his stripes in the VFL? Going by that logic it should have been no change, as nobody earned their stripes in the VFL due to there not being a match on.

I know what you mean - but I doubt you meant that you only want them to perform up until half time. I'd like to see heart and soul for the full 2 hours (or 7,200 seconds)

I know what you mean - but I doubt you meant that you only want them to perform up until half time. I'd like to see heart and soul for the full 2 hours (or 7,200 seconds)

The problem is that she/he is Monoccullar. If the name was Binocular he'd have had all 7, 200 seconds

Edited by binman
  • Like 1

The problem is that she/he is Monoccullar. If the name was Binocular he'd have had all 7, 200 seconds

Now I see the problem...Mono is part of our coaching staff posting on here incognito!! - the jig's up mono :-)

Very strange?

Maybe not so strange. Col seems to be one of those players endowed with heaps of talent, but lacking in the required self-motivation. Such individuals tend to need a little "help" with their motivation -- like via a cattle prod up the backside. Being dropped from the team may have done the job of the cattle prod. Hence, hopefully Col will be suitable fired up and ready to finally put in a performance we all know he is capable of. We can but hope!

Maybe not so strange. Col seems to be one of those players endowed with heaps of talent, but lacking in the required self-motivation. Such individuals tend to need a little "help" with their motivation -- like via a cattle prod up the backside. Being dropped from the team may have done the job of the cattle prod. Hence, hopefully Col will be suitable fired up and ready to finally put in a performance we all know he is capable of. We can but hope!

I wouldn't be surprised if Neeld & Co have sat down with Col and suggested that he is on his last chance - if he doesn't lift his game and perform this week, he will find himself back at Casey for an extended stay and possibly headed for the trade table at season's end.

This the official team GTG?

If so I can only add the first thing that comes to mind every Thursday... WHERE THE F#@K IS COUCH?!!

For god sake I'm sick of this Couch campaign. He hasnt played for 3 weeks. Give the kid a chance to string a few more good games together in the VFL before we start calling for him to be included.

Decided to head onto bomberblitz to see what they are saying about the game, stumbled onto a topic of 'banner for melbourne'. It wasnt a pretty read although I did laugh at some. Still it made me angry that such scum supporters have a crack at us when they havent beaten us since 09. With the lack of respect shown I hope we come out and smash the bombers physically and on the scoreboard, this 22 better show the required effort because Essendon are a rival and if we go out and play without giving it a crack for four quarters then that will be just it for me.........Its getting to a point where I am pleading for melbourne to at least show some improvement.

Decided to head onto bomberblitz to see what they are saying about the game, stumbled onto a topic of 'banner for melbourne'. It wasnt a pretty read although I did laugh at some. Still it made me angry that such scum supporters have a crack at us when they havent beaten us since 09. With the lack of respect shown I hope we come out and smash the bombers physically and on the scoreboard, this 22 better show the required effort because Essendon are a rival and if we go out and play without giving it a crack for four quarters then that will be just it for me.........Its getting to a point where I am pleading for melbourne to at least show some improvement.

I hope we show a lot of improvement too... but seriously, do you think we have earned any respect this year? The fact that they haven't beaten us since '09 being deserving of respect is null and void given this year's dismal outings.

• Like 1

I hope we show a lot of improvement too... but seriously, do you think we have earned any respect this year? The fact that they haven't beaten us since '09 being deserving of respect is null and void given this year's dismal outings.

I agree but i would have thought someone would have mentioned it. They didnt and it made me angry, if a essendon supporter tries to wind me up tomorrow night ill mario ballotelli his ass

• Like 1

I agree but i would have thought someone would have mentioned it. They didnt and it made me angry, if a essendon supporter tries to wind me up tomorrow night ill mario ballotelli his ass

Jonesbag if you intend to go in that mood I suggest you stay home.

There is nothing worse than an obnoxious loser.

Calm down it is only a football match.

The future of the free world is not at stake

Edited by old dee
  • Like 1