Changes For Next Week

MadAsHell

If Stef martin gets a call up again im gonna crack it.

Why? Fitzpatrick was horrendous and should be dropped down to the Casey reserves. He was so unbelievably out of it it was funny.

Sellar is either injured or just crap. Martin today for Casey did alright. He's our best option.

• Like 1

I was thinking maybe the outs should be those who were in our best so they can experience what it's like to play in a winning side.

• Like 2

I know Dunn is one of the out of favour players round 'Land, but you HAVE to reward players if you're serious about teaching them, so with that said:

IN: Dunn, Watts, Green, Jurrah, Couch (forces one of Jones, Moloney, Magner, or McKenzie out though)

OUT: Sylvia (needs a rocket), Bate (he's just at that level where he'll be in and out), McKenzie (needs to learn about winning the ball not just negating a man), Bail (needs confidence), Trengove (needs a rest and to have his leg/groin problem looked at)

Not easy decisions, I really like Bail and McKenzie, but I think Petterd, Bennell, and Fitzy need one more game to show something before heading back to Casey if they don't. If Neeld really is going by a "clean slate" then those guys need as many chances as some others have had when out of form.

I know Dunn is one of the out of favour players round 'Land, but you HAVE to reward players if you're serious about teaching them, so with that said:

IN: Dunn, Watts, Green, Jurrah, Couch (forces one of Jones, Moloney, Magner, or McKenzie out though)

OUT: Sylvia (needs a rocket), Bate (he's just at that level where he'll be in and out), McKenzie (needs to learn about winning the ball not just negating a man), Bail (needs confidence), Trengove (needs a rest and to have his leg/groin problem looked at)

Not easy decisions

Yes they are, you're just doing this on an internet forum.

So was Watt's good enough to get a recall. I can only listen through the radio (Box Hill station - A family member plays for Box Hill not a Hawks listed player and the commentary is horrible!) and from what I heard he wasn't great. They mentioned Murphy was playing on him who was the Hawks best and Watts wasn't named in the best.

With the sub rule would love to see Jurrah as the sub for a few games.

Also with our poor kicking and run out of defence the sooner Blease and Tappy can get spots the better.

I'd like to give Fitzy a couple of games taste of the big leagues before putting him back.

After watching Casey.

In: Watts, Jurrah (sub)., Blease

Out: Bate, Petterd, Fitzpatrick

Who will take the second ruck? I don't want it to be Clark. I think it's sad reality that one of Fitz, Sellar or Martin needs to be in. It'd be nice if one of those guys could actually do something in the side.

And I wouldn't make Jurrah the sub. If he's not fit enough to play 4/4 then make him the designated sub-off, rather than the sub-on. Of course then there's the risk that someone gets injured and needs to be subbed off instead (which is still a risk if he's the sub and someone does a knee in the first minute) - but that's a risk I'd take to have Jurrah on for most of the match.

Who will take the second ruck? I don't want it to be Clark. I think it's sad reality that one of Fitz, Sellar or Martin needs to be in. It'd be nice if one of those guys could actually do something in the side.

And I wouldn't make Jurrah the sub. If he's not fit enough to play 4/4 then make him the designated sub-off, rather than the sub-on. Of course then there's the risk that someone gets injured and needs to be subbed off instead (which is still a risk if he's the sub and someone does a knee in the first minute) - but that's a risk I'd take to have Jurrah on for most of the match.

Good question and none of the 3 players you spoke of can fill that spot at the moment. Martin did not excite yesterday and has shown with hands like bricks that he cant hold his marks and he cant play forward or back.

Doesn't Jurrah have his court case this week? Not only does he lack fitness but he will be completely distracted by bigger issues. His skills show him too good for VFL but he has not done enough for mine to be selected.

BRFE is correct on the outs: Petterd was embarrassing, Fitz outclassed and Bate only confirms that he and Dunn have been marvellous 1st round picks that are well suited to VFL football. I can find a few others to drop as well but they are the immediate out ones.

I would bring Watts, Blease and I like Taggert. I saw nothing from the other senior players to warrant a call up. I see no value in leave Watts on a 2 week break if he is not selected. And while he is a mile above the VFL in class, he still does not work hard enough. And the only highlights for me from Casey y'day was some of the work i saw from Blease and Taggart.

Sylvia should be dropped but given the bye in the VFL I cant what he has to work on when there is no game.

Not my preference either but playing at the SCG Jamar can ruck nearly all game with brief stints from Clark.Again with Jurrah it is important he plays games and in retrospect I probably agree with starting him on rather than as sub. He could not be any worse than what Petterd or Sylvia were last week.

I would bring Watts, Blease and I like Taggert. I saw nothing from the other senior players to warrant a call up. I see no value in leave Watts on a 2 week break if he is not selected. And while he is a mile above the VFL in class, he still does not work hard enough. And the only highlights for me from Casey y'day was some of the work i saw from Blease and Taggart.

For his second game thought he was super. I would love if they played him up.

Why? Fitzpatrick was horrendous and should be dropped down to the Casey reserves. He was so unbelievably out of it it was funny.

Sellar is either injured or just crap. Martin today for Casey did alright. He's our best option.

Sellar draws two defenders everytime he contests in the forward 50. Dont get me wrong but he has done nothing for us so far, but he can ruck and at least he draws defenders. Clark should definately NOT be in the ruck. he is about the only player we can rely on to take a contested mark and we need him in the forward 50 as our only viable scoring option.

Col Sylvia gets another chance but as a midfielder, to me Col has never played well as a perminent forward. His best games for the club have been through the midfield. He needs to be around the footy, start him in the middle and rest him up forward.

My Changes

In Jurrah, Watts, Blease, Martin

Out Davey, Fitzpatrick, Bail, Bate

Line up

Bartram Frawley Rivers

Garland McDonald Bennell

Trengove Sylvia Grimes

Howe Watts Blease

Jurrah Clark Martin

Jamar Jones Magner

Morton McKenzie Moloney

Petterd

To me that is the best 22 we can field at the moment

Col Sylvia gets another chance but as a midfielder, to me Col has never played well as a perminent forward. His best games for the club have been through the midfield. He needs to be around the footy, start him in the middle and rest him up forward.

My Changes

In Jurrah, Watts, Blease, Martin

Out Davey, Fitzpatrick, Bail, Bate

Line up

Bartram Frawley Rivers

Garland McDonald Bennell

Trengove Sylvia Grimes

Howe Watts Blease

Jurrah Clark Martin

Jamar Jones Magner

Morton McKenzie Moloney

Petterd

To me that is the best 22 we can field at the moment

If those two are in our best 22 at present then it says a lot about our player stocks.

On a good day they are good at VFL level, every other day they are not AFL standard.

However leave them in for Sydney it will finaaly prove to all and sundry they are not good enough and we can concentrate on others

Listening to Mark Neeld on radio yesterday I think Sylvia might not be playing next week. Neeld, in response to a question, said something like Sylvia has to understand that talent alone is not enough. (He also said the best thing about Mitch Clark is that he has shown the rest of the team what the expected training effort should look like. In other words, all those on the list last year were not training hard enough - surely more of an indictment on the coaches than the players).

Having watched Friday's game on TV I would make the following changes:

Outs: Sylvia, Fitzpatrick, Petterd

In: Watts, Martin, Jurrah (Jurrah to be the sub)

Bail and Bennell could also face the axe if players at Casey are knocking on the door. Pity, though, that it's like a swinging bar door and not that hard to open.

Edit: And I'm convinced Trengrove is carrying a groin or leg problem. Have previously mentioned that he can't run, jump or kick. He's still struggling. Maybe he should also go out for someone like Blease.

Edited by La Dee-vina Comedia

Couch must play,even though Neeld says he's not ready at AFL level yet.

When he finally gets in,he'll play with the most hunger/desperation in the side,which is our most important need at the moment.

Put Magner in the midfield where we need his clearance ability not shutting down a Guerra FFS!!!

Edited by Jack7

Out: Petterd, Bennell, Fitzpatrick, Sylvia, Trengove (if injured)

Ins: Watts, Cook, Jurrah, Blease, Tapscott

I put Cook in because he has strung a couple of games together and kicked a few goals for casey so why not? Not sure if we have much else to lose and going tall in Sydney might stretch their defence. Get a bit of West Coast about us.

Picture the fwd line of:

Blease Watts Cook

Jurrah Clark Davey**

** Need a crumbing fwd and as bad as he has been lately I cant think of anyone else who could replace him.

Out: Petterd, Bennell, Fitzpatrick, Sylvia, Trengove (if injured)

Ins: Watts, Cook, Jurrah, Blease, Tapscott

I put Cook in because he has strung a couple of games together and kicked a few goals for casey so why not? Not sure if we have much else to lose and going tall in Sydney might stretch their defence. Get a bit of West Coast about us.

Picture the fwd line of:

Blease Watts Cook

Jurrah Clark Davey**

** Need a crumbing fwd and as bad as he has been lately I cant think of anyone else who could replace him.

I'd rather Cook at FF and if Watts must play, HBF or W.

I'd leave Tapscott at Casey, i'm all about the fella but his form is really average at the moment.

No point dropping Bate, when played in the guts he was a revelation early on, then dropped back to sub.

Watts & Jurrah definitely in. Jurrah won't go to jail, some QC will open his front door one morning to find a big hessian sack with a dollar sign on it. Case closed!

Who will take the second ruck? I don't want it to be Clark. I think it's sad reality that one of Fitz, Sellar or Martin needs to be in. It'd be nice if one of those guys could actually do something in the side..

Martin and Sellar are failures key forward (I harbour hopes for Marting key back), Fitz and Cook are a couple of years off. Clark has been great forward with limited opportunities, I think we should play him as 2nd ruck to relieve Jamar - he'll be more involved in the game and we can play another mid instead of Martin or Sellar. Jamar played 84% game time on Friday night. It does leave our forward line without a long target when Clark is rucking and Jamar is resting - we need another long target anyway and it's not Watts - we should forget that plan.