• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

SEARCHING FOR ANSWERS

Demonland

All I'm saying is forgetting potential, draft order etc Dunn is at the moment a MUCH better player than Morton.

He isn't and there both on the bench. Both have been disappointments. Its just that Dunn has managed to achieve this low standard consistently over the past 8 years. I cant see how you can talk Dunn up. I note the Club have them both on the bench. Hmmmm

2.Why would I need to do that? I think RIcky is doing okay, not quite at his potential at the moment, but very few are right now.

For the teasing cameos he has played before Petterd has been carp for the past 2 years. I dont know why posters make comments like " but very few are right now" as if it somehow exonerates the subject player from playing well. After what i saw in 2010, Petterd is struggling. But i am glad you think Ricky is doing "okay". Unbelievable he cant get a game in a side that is 0-3 with a 50% and he is doing OK. Hate to think what travelling badly is!

Hec....had to have a Jim Beam and lie down after that one. Was expecting a classic RR bake prior to opening :lol:

Watching this mid field, especially versus some of what else is on offer in the 8 etc, i dunno. I reckon we had it better when Wells and Alves were running round there in the 70's lol. Probably my memory is shot... but it just feels real bad atm. Can you remember a period when we were in such a state yourself? Not saying we've ever had amazing set ups but jeez.... pretty soul destroying atm,

Late 60s/ Late 70s Early 80s.

Stay off the JimBeam and cokes- Does you no favours.

Not quite. MFC confirms bench as Dunn, Morton, Sellar and MacDonald with Emergencies being Petterd, Couch and Fitzpatrick.

A little baffling to me.......

I cannot believe we are giving Joel MacDonald another look in. Would of far preferred either Petterd or Couch.

We have seen MacDonald warts and all and there are far too many warts for my liking. He isn't going to get any better, quicker or make better decisions when he gets the ball. Really can't believe we drafted him in the first place. Vossy buggered their list a few seasons ago and if MacDonald couldn't keep his spot on Brisbane's list then, he certainly shouldn't have made ours.

I wonder if the retunr of MacDonald means the switch of McDonald forward.

Apparently McDonald spent much of the pre-season working with the forwards and played their for Casey during round 1.

A little baffling to me.......

Not really. Grimes has to be replaced as a defender. Joel Mac wouldn't have been my selection, but I think I see where the match committee is coming from. Who else would take Grimes' spot? Tapscott, maybe - but Neeld seems to want him to play midfield/forward. Bail? Again, Neeld is playing him as defensive forward. As it happens, I would have moved Bail back for Grimes and played Couch in stead of Joel Mac. But I understand the selection...just don't agree with it.

Not really. Grimes has to be replaced as a defender. Joel Mac wouldn't have been my selection, but I think I see where the match committee is coming from. Who else would take Grimes' spot? Tapscott, maybe - but Neeld seems to want him to play midfield/forward. Bail? Again, Neeld is playing him as defensive forward. As it happens, I would have moved Bail back for Grimes and played Couch in stead of Joel Mac. But I understand the selection...just don't agree with it.

Oh I understand all that, and it is perfectly logical.....

I just don't believe he has earned the spot given what we have seen from him so far this season.

Edited by QueenC

Well.... theyre rolling the dice arent they.. ( maybe theyre loaded !!)

Well sometimes you just turn up and hope its not a bath, hope theres something akin to a crack and sometimes you just hope.

I barrack for Melbourne and always will,, ill cheer them on come Sunday...but I picked the pups in the footy tipping.

Call me what you will but tipping calls for pragmatism, turning up only requires blind faith !!!

• Like 1

Size & strength for just one week as Grimes is suspended... like for like.

Couch hasn't come in yet, because Moloney has returned. (It wouldn't be fair to put in Couch this week & then drop him)

actually..why wouldnt it be fair? Beamers form of late wouldnt be threatening a lot of people.

All players should and ought to take whatever opportunites present. Magner has taken the bull bythe horns ( and dumped th beast in thedirt and trod all over him !lol )

We cant be scared to try players. The team comes first not the consierationns of any one player ...no ??

Final Bench:

I/C: Cale Morton, Lynden Dunn, Joel Macdonald, James Sellar

I don't get it. That is the lamest bench I think I've ever seen. Why does the squib Morton keep getting a go. Alright MFC, I get it- he was pick 4 and you must exaust all efforts before you make a call, but I can tell you something that I and everyone else knows it- even if they won't admit it. He won't make it. He won't make it for the home and away season and certainly not in the rough and tumble world of finals. We are waisting games on this kid and it is frustrating me to no end!

Macdonald and Dunn don't belong in the team either. Sellar looks like a stop gap at best. We play all these guys and yet Martin gets dropped. Martin has shown a lot more than any of these guys. Why does Morton keep getting chances and yet Martin is dropped when Casey has a bye FFS! Way to develop him you spuds!

Don't even get me started on the Couch situation. Why promote someone you have no intent on playing. Give Fitzy a run too! This match selection panel have cob webs in their heads. Bloody sick of it!

• Like 4

Final Bench:

I/C: Cale Morton, Lynden Dunn, Joel Macdonald, James Sellar

Wow..... ring in the amazing changes Demons. Honestly, how we can't find a place for Couch, assuming he stays as emergency....but we can find one for J Mac and retain Morton...words fail me. Bate, Morton staying? Even Tappy who i'm sure will be better for the run...IF he's played down back somewhere....but still....hasn't earned it based on last weeks performance (or any other in the VFL so far). Common guys. This is such an uninspiring plodding club right now, even off the field (selection wise). If we're gonna keep rewarding under performance then IMO we get what we deserve on the field....and eventually it'll come back to bite our arse off the field too!

You'll find decent goers (even though they might not be up to the required grade in the wash up) like Couch & Magner......will be off elsewhere pretty quickly once they get a sniff of this BS. Then we'll be left with the cream...like Morton, J Mac, Bate, Davey, Bartram etc ....who'll play for as long as we keep giving them a go....UFB MFC.

Edited by Rusty Nails
  • Like 1

Wow..... ring in the changes Demons. Honestly, how we can't find a place for Couch, assuming he stays as emergency....words fail me. Bate, Morton staying? Even Tappy? Common guys. This is such an uninspiring plodding club right now, even off the field (selection wise). If we're gonna keep rewarding under performance then IMO we get what we deserve on the field....and eventually it'll come back to bite our arse off the field too!

Agreed. Although don't mind Tappy staying as we need more games into him and he isn't going to do a little nugget in his pants when the ball comes near him. We need more players like this.

I forgot to mention Davey. How is this guy getting games? Am I watching a different game? Getting a little sick of this conservative approach to match selection. Hey, MFC selection committee- It is broken, fix it!

Come on neeld. Let's see something different this week. Can't go into every match doing the same thing and expecting a different result. I know we are not gonna win but let's see some spread this week at least. Try even up the possesions. SOMETHING ffs!

Guest José Mourinho

I scratched my head at Macdonald's inclusion, but you know what?

We are crying out for older players that show leadership, and while his skills and decision-making leave something to be desired at times, he's a shining example of how the young players should commit themselves to the contest.

Doesn't often show poor body language like some others, either.

I think I can sorta see the match committee's reasoning for his inclusion.

We've seen the folly of playing a team of 17 promising kids + a few old boys.