• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

SEARCHING FOR ANSWERS

Demonland

Agreed. Although don't mind Tappy staying as we need more games into him and he isn't going to do a little nugget in his pants when the ball comes near him. We need more players like this.

I forgot to mention Davey. How is this guy getting games? Am I watching a different game? Getting a little sick of this conservative approach to match selection. Hey, MFC selection committee- It is broken, fix it!

Agree re the nugget ....albeit its not the most pleasant thought lol. He'll probably be running around picking up someone else's nugget though .....think tall, skinny and ....well u get the picture

As for Davey....the team is so far behind the money in terms of speed around the contest and quick ball movement.... i reckon Neeld is just praying for Davey to grow his old third leg again. When Davey gets it, he generally uses it well if he isn't under too much pressure (like some others)....the problem is that atm he's rarely getting it and we have no obvious (better) replacements with leg speed and decent disposal skills by hand and foot. Jetta probably if he was fit. Bennell probably if he could play better than Davey (but he doesn't). Blease if he could be bothered playing lol.

Let the coaching panel work it out anyway. That's what they're getting paid to do...i'm getting a headache just thinking bout it :wacko:

I don't get it. That is the lamest bench I think I've ever seen. Why does the squib Morton keep getting a go. Alright MFC, I get it- he was pick 4 and you must exaust all efforts before you make a call, but I can tell you something that I and everyone else knows it- even if they won't admit it. He won't make it. He won't make it for the home and away season and certainly not in the rough and tumble world of finals. We are waisting games on this kid and it is frustrating me to no end!

Macdonald and Dunn don't belong in the team either. Sellar looks like a stop gap at best. We play all these guys and yet Martin gets dropped. Martin has shown a lot more than any of these guys. Why does Morton keep getting chances and yet Martin is dropped when Casey has a bye FFS! Way to develop him you spuds!

Don't even get me started on the Couch situation. Why promote someone you have no intent on playing. Give Fitzy a run too! This match selection panel have cob webs in their heads. Bloody sick of it!

No Stef Martin OR Morton.

Once's not a footballer's boot studder and the other is scared of the Easter bunny.

That is one sorry looking bench..

Couch and Petterd omitted again is extremely disappointing.

Martin ,Couch ,Petterd not in? Dunn ,Bartram ,Joel Mac and Cale kicking it out of half back?

Turnover city.

actually..why wouldnt it be fair? Beamers form of late wouldnt be threatening a lot of people.

He played 1 bad game then was injured.

Beamer is our best mid, finished top 10 in Brownlow last year, if you think 1 bad game and not being in the leadership group changes everything your kidding yourself.

If only ...

You got more posts than me so you can't be short of a few yourself mate :lol:

And next time....bring it on if you feel like havin a go....no need to feel so shy and limp wristed

Call me naive, but I trust that the selection committee have reasons for their decisions. We all see the superficial stuff during the games. The dropped mark, the turnovers, the poor second efforts, the odd shirking of contact. And that's just Morton :lol:

But seriously, we don't see the adherence to structure, the defensive mindset, the players doing exactly what the coaches ask of them. They obviously see things that us supporters don't and would in no way miss what we see, especially with how precise and intense post-game video analysis is these days.

So if they don't see a fit for Couch this week, so be it. If Petterd hasn't done enough, so be it. If MacDonald is offering what they're looking for, so be it.

As far as Davey is concerned, all he could be expected to do was improve on his performance that saw him dropped and I don't think anyone could say his Round 3 game wasn't an improvement on his Round 1 game, surely.

Would I have picked this team if it was up to me? No.

Would I play the players in the positions they have been named if it was my choice? Hell no.

But the fact is, it's not up to me, so my opinion means bugger all.

The worst part of all the whining and complaining about the selected team is that if one of the questionable selections has a shocker everyone jumps in as if they knew it would happen and the coaches are morons for picking them etc. But you never hear someone say how wrong they were if the questionable selection has a blinder.

How safe and warm it is in front of our screens, criticising those who have the burden of putting their credentials on the paddock every weekend while our main concern is which train to catch or where to park so it doesn't take too long to get the hell out of there after the final siren.

Go Dees!

Edited by mrtwister
  • Like 2

Get enough people in a room for a few hours and they will overthink things. I know that sounds counter-intuitive for rpfc to say about the human condidtion - namely to 'over' think...

But Couch is not in the team for what reason? The only answer I can give that has any credence is the 'too slow' argument.

I'm glad the Match Committee have convinced themselves that the only problem our midfield has is not enough pace...

Makes it easier to sleep at night I guess.

Our midfield lacks committment, selflessness, and hard work.

Get that right before you try to talk to me about team balance FCS.

• Like 1

Morton in still, amazing.

In regards to Joel Mac yeah not the best skilled player going around but at least he has courage.

Would have pref Couch in and Morton out.

If we want to instill a hard ball contested ball culture then we have to firstly put those types in ahead of the rest.

Forcing the skilled but slack/timid types to put they're heads down over the ball & Go!

When we start to see the benefits of this, via players at Casey all starting to do the heavy work as well as the finishing, then we'll have started to Turn things around...

Mcdonald as a strong hard bodied tough contestor, who'll go in & fly the flag... thats a real start, even if he's not the most talented of our players, he Is tough.

He played 1 bad game then was injured.

Beamer is our best mid, finished top 10 in Brownlow last year, if you think 1 bad game and not being in the leadership group changes everything your kidding yourself.

Funny...god forbid anyone suggest a player is not in form and we get eh ol' HES INJURED . As if thats an excuse. Its a reason, no doubt, but a player out of form is just that...out of form. There may be reasons but the result is the same.

Im tired of excuses let alone reasons. I just want to see decent players , give a decent return on the huge investment the FD let alone the finance dept make of them.

I scratched my head at Macdonald's inclusion, but you know what?

We are crying out for older players that show leadership, and while his skills and decision-making leave something to be desired at times, he's a shining example of how the young players should commit themselves to the contest.

Doesn't often show poor body language like some others, either.

I think I can sorta see the match committee's reasoning for his inclusion.

We've seen the folly of playing a team of 17 promising kids + a few old boys.

I 100% agree with this. Yes he is super frustrating sometimes (often?) with his decision making and ball use but he commits every game he plays, which is exactly what a senior player needs to model. He obviously trains well as well or else he wouldn't be considered.

I thought Morton was weak last week but i think he needs to be given 4-5 games in a row. I really believe he is confidence player and i still feel he might come good

• Like 1

Call me naive, but I trust that the selection committee have reasons for their decisions. We all see the superficial stuff during the games. The dropped mark, the turnovers, the poor second efforts, the odd shirking of contact. And that's just Morton :lol:

But seriously, we don't see the adherence to structure, the defensive mindset, the players doing exactly what the coaches ask of them. They obviously see things that us supporters don't and would in no way miss what we see, especially with how precise and intense post-game video analysis is these days.

So if they don't see a fit for Couch this week, so be it. If Petterd hasn't done enough, so be it. If MacDonald is offering what they're looking for, so be it.

As far as Davey is concerned, all he could be expected to do was improve on his performance that saw him dropped and I don't think anyone could say his Round 3 game wasn't an improvement on his Round 1 game, surely.

Would I have picked this team if it was up to me? No.

Would I play the players in the positions they have been named if it was my choice? Hell no.

But the fact is, it's not up to me, so my opinion means bugger all.

The worst part of all the whining and complaining about the selected team is that if one of the questionable selections has a shocker everyone jumps in as if they knew it would happen and the coaches are morons for picking them etc. But you never hear someone say how wrong they were if the questionable selection has a blinder.

How safe and warm it is in front of our screens, criticising those who have the burden of putting their credentials on the paddock every weekend while our main concern is which train to catch or where to park so it doesn't take too long to get the hell out of there after the final siren.

Go Dees!

Please be mindful that we're supporters and we're involved financially, emotionally and spiritually.

This is their job - that's what they do. They are privileged and part of a national culture.

Time they stood up.

I can see the sense in bringing in Joel M for Jack G. The effort he puts in is always 100%, he's brave and he's consistent. Sure, his disposals are not 100% spot on but given the pressure the back line is always under, who's surprised?

My guess is that the selectors are looking to develop and encourage players that are committed, consistent, quick and skillful. We start off with almost none that tick all of the boxes so they have to compromise every week. If it was me on the panel, I'd love to have a JM option to plug a gap rather than a one good performance in ten player - and we've certainly got a few of those.

1.He isn't and there both on the bench. Both have been disappointments. Its just that Dunn has managed to achieve this low standard consistently over the past 8 years. I cant see how you can talk Dunn up. I note the Club have them both on the bench. Hmmmm

2.For the teasing cameos he has played before Petterd has been carp for the past 2 years. I dont know why posters make comments like " but very few are right now" as if it somehow exonerates the subject player from playing well. After what i saw in 2010, Petterd is struggling. But i am glad you think Ricky is doing "okay". Unbelievable he cant get a game in a side that is 0-3 with a 50% and he is doing OK. Hate to think what travelling badly is!

1.Ughhhhh when did I talk Dunn up? All I've said is that I'd much rather him in the team than Morton... That IS the 3rd time I've explained that to you RR, you're either missing the point or going round in circles waiting for me to agree with you, and frankly, if you honestly think on current form Morton is a better choice than Dunn then at least I know to totally ignore your opinions from now on. Please re-read everything I wrote rather than being so quick to reply you miss the point again.

2.Geez you need a lot of explanations don't you, comprehension is not your strong point. I think Ricky Petterd is doing okay as far as what I think we should be expecting at the moment given his injuries and opportunities. Now, before you get all excited again, okay means just that, average, not good, not overly bad.

As for your comment about exonerating players with the "very few are performing" line, I think you've missed the point (what a surprise), my interpretation of people (including me) saying that is that we think a lot of players aren't performing so why not keep giving other guys chances when there's nothing to lose? Really don't think anyone is being accepting of the majority of players performances, just hoping we keep moving forward (once we start!).

Now please, even if you do it as a personal favour, take your time, re-read, have a cuppa, then reply ok Quickdraw? Cheers.

I can see the sense in bringing in Joel M for Jack G.... Sure, his disposals are not 100%...

Don't know why everyone is so concerned about his disposal, it's not like we ever win the ball to do anything with it anyway!

Funny...god forbid anyone suggest a player is not in form and we get eh ol' HES INJURED . As if thats an excuse. Its a reason, no doubt, but a player out of form is just that...out of form. There may be reasons but the result is the same.

Ummmm would have thought being injured and hence NOT PLAYING is a pretty good excuse for being out of form, hard to be in form when you're not even on the ground!

Geeez I'm sick of the Beamer bashing around here, we've been weak, gutless, lacking determination, and smashed in clearances the last few weeks, Moloney may not be our best player, but geez he embodies a lot of what we've been missing lately.

Get enough people in a room for a few hours and they will overthink things. I know that sounds counter-intuitive for rpfc to say about the human condidtion - namely to 'over' think...

But Couch is not in the team for what reason? The only answer I can give that has any credence is the 'too slow' argument.

I'm glad the Match Committee have convinced themselves that the only problem our midfield has is not enough pace...

Makes it easier to sleep at night I guess.

Our midfield lacks committment, selflessness, and hard work.

Get that right before you try to talk to me about team balance FCS.

If I hear one more person go on about midfield speed I will smash a vase! Geez I'd love to see Couch, Magner, Moloney, and Jones in the middle together, much rather them battling for the ball than some of our "speedy" players like Bennell, Morton, or Davey... Besides, if anything we need LESS SPEED, hasn't anyone else noticed our kicks and handballs always go behind the intended player rather than leading them forward?! Probably our worst habit of the last 4 years.

• Like 3

1. You have made a number of claims about Dunn's alleged toughness and that he is a much better player than Morton. I have said they are both borderline and both have disapppointed. You cant cope with that?

2. For 2nd time you have said Ricky P is doing on OK. You are easily pleased. GIven what he showed in 2012, he is another disappointment

Besides, if anything we need LESS SPEED, hasn't anyone else noticed our kicks and handballs always go behind the intended player rather than leading them forward?! Probably our worst habit of the last 4 years.

Clearly the players are not the only ones who this..

How about players dispose of the ball properly? Now there is a thought.

We lack midfield speed and class.

Now go smash a vase and get some anger management help.

1. You have made a number of claims about Dunn's alleged toughness and that he is a much better player than Morton. I have said they are both borderline and both have disapppointed. You cant cope with that?

There would surely be an assumption that all players start with a clean slate with the new coaching group coming in. Given that all discretions or poor form prior to the start of the 2012 pre-season are forgotten, could you really say that Dunn has been poor? Surely he has come out and done reasonably well in a team that has struggled badly.

I know it's hard to forget previous under-performing but if you take the snapshot that is 2012, he certainly hasn't been that bad, IMO

• Like 3

If I hear one more person go on about midfield speed I will smash a vase! Geez I'd love to see Couch, Magner, Moloney, and Jones in the middle together, much rather them battling for the ball than some of our "speedy" players like Bennell, Morton, or Davey... Besides, if anything we need LESS SPEED, hasn't anyone else noticed our kicks and handballs always go behind the intended player rather than leading them forward?! Probably our worst habit of the last 4 years.

Less speed ?

We're regarded as too slow, not instinctive enough with the ball, not skillful enough to be effective enough and for long periods as required.

So I would query your knowledge here given nearly every other Melbourne footy nut recognises this.

And the speedy players you mention have concerns in other aspects of their game which they need to address.

That is one sorry looking bench..

Couch and Petterd omitted again is extremely disappointing.

When will they realise Cale wont make it! Please i cant watch him any more

He is an embarassment. Sitting next to opposition supporters last week they just broke into laughter at his antics

Had to move away Geesus!!

• Like 1

Ummmm would have thought being injured and hence NOT PLAYING is a pretty good excuse for being out of form, hard to be in form when you're not even on the ground!

Geeez I'm sick of the Beamer bashing around here, we've been weak, gutless, lacking determination, and smashed in clearances the last few weeks, Moloney may not be our best player, but geez he embodies a lot of what we've been missing lately.

Geez Im sick of peopel not able to decipher reality !! good enough for you Stuie ??

He was deemed good to go for the first round.. Imnot really sure he was on the ground...if yuo get my drift. Subsequently he hasnt played. The only criteria for his inclusion again is that he earns and warrnats selecction. Up til then anyoneelse ought to be seen as a viable option.

NO ONE..( nice big letters to facilitate the lessening of misunderstanding ) ought to be a walk up start.I dont care for a second whether its last years Bluey or a rookie, same rules apply.

If Beamer isnt up to it because of form/fitness then someone else gets the gig.. Plain as !!

Now thats not bashing.. thats reality 101