Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes V Western Bulldogs

w00dy

I actually regained a little hope for Davey yesterday. Sure he's not as fast as he was, but he showed some flashes of the creative and skillful player he was and he showed some desire. All I took from that is that if he can regain confidence he may well be able to do damage again.

Martin just depresses me. He was terrific last year and then returned to a pumpkin. Bate is hopeless. Bail isn't the player he was. Think those three go. The bloke from Adelaide looked pretty unco and doubt he deserves another game.

Moloney apparently still out. Sylvia too etc. I have no idea who should come in.

We're not going to beat the dogs, those suggesting we will need to wake up. They were flogged by the Saints but they played some pretty good footy against Adelaide the week before. Their best is pretty good.

In fact, we may only beat GWS this year.

• Like 2

Far to top heavy today, I want to see some run added into the team. I want some of the young players to be stuck with and some of our ordinary older players moved out. I want to see a strong bodied tagger in our midfield, a small crumbing forward who can tackle and harrass and some creativity coming out of defense, which leads me to. IN: Blease, Davis, Moloney, Petterd, Tynan OUT: Bate (hasn't really shown anything), Garland (in poor form and made a lot of mistakes), Martin (can't play he Jamar, Clark & Sellar all in the one team), McKenzie (love his tackling, but needs to get more of the ball or be able to play a tagging role which he doesn't), Rivers (lack of run out of defence. Time to bring in a tall who can provide this). FB: Davis, Frawley, Davey HB: Grimes, Sellar, Bail C: Watts, Moloney, Blease HF: Trengove, T. McDonald, Bartram FF: Howe, Clark, Tapscott FOLL: Jamar, Dunn, Magner INT: Jones, Petterd, Tynan, Morton EMERG: Couch, Martin, McKenzie Edit: Forgot to include Tynan in my INS. If Grimes doesn't come up then Couch should make his debut.

no bad post

must qualify and wait to see how Petterd, Tynan, Couch go today. If they are standouts I'm right with you. Watch Green for Casey. If he stars and is in best 3 I think we need him back in. Need some sort of Rudder and Moloney may need a week at Casey.

Little or no change Policy can work when the players are proven performers and are currently under performing.

Without mentioning any names there are guys in this MGC unit that under perform week in and week out. If there are hot replacements available at Casey moves must be made and these guys need to given a fair crack.

Best example is Josh Tynan. He got one week. Didn't do a lot wrong and didn't look out of place. Clint Bartram is selected every week on the basis of his good first year.

I don't want anyone brought into the side that Is Not TOTALLY onto the leadership & responsibility mindset. No 3 week short term gain for destroying our work at changing our poor culture.

That's what I'm getting at, probably not expressed well. It really gets to me that the type of player we need, Blease is just sitting on his arse at Casey and wasting his talent. Nicholson needs to make the most of what he has and get back on the program.

• Like 1

Green will be back after his one week drop just like Davey. Kinda pointless in a way but anyway.

Id like to see Couch given a run and Tynan will have a crack you'd hope at least. I dont see any point in having Martin or Bail in the side. Constant changes wont help but if they do nothing Im sure at least a Dunn and a Pettard wouldnt be any worse.

OUT: Martin, McDonald

IN: Moloney, Couch

FB: Bartram Frawley Rivers

HB: Grimes Watts Garland

C: Trengove Moloney Morton

HF: Dunn Howe Bail

FF: Davey Clark Tapscott

Foll: Jamar Jones McKenzie

Int: Sellar Couch Magner

S: Bate

Emer: Tynan, McDonald, Martin

Ok so Watts as a wingman has served its purpose for a while, he's finding the footy, but now we have to get back to developing him as a key position player. If they don't want to play him at CHF lets give him a chance at CHB where we could desperately use some clean ball use and decision making. Same goes for Howe. Whilst he was good around the ball and at half back I want to see him playing at CHF again this week, that said I'm still happy for Clark to spend time up the ground and Sellar to take the job of full forward. The main thing we need is a midfield though, so Couch and Moloney demand selection. With Tapscott, Morton and Bail we have guys who can rotate between the wings and half back/half forward. It's a side with much better balance than last week which I hope leads to at least a competitive edge.

Garland is another who has gone backwards and he is in the leadership group. FFS he has been around long enough to make his stamp on things!! I wish some of these blokes just take the reins and get on with it.

Garland still runs around in circles like a scared little boy!!

Garland is another who has gone backwards and he is in the leadership group. FFS he has been around long enough to make his stamp on things!! I wish some of these blokes just take the reins and get on with it.

Garland still runs around in circles like a scared little boy!!

IMO garland is the type who'll take being a leader very seriously.

I think initially this could go against him prior to him adjusting to the role. Same with Trengove.

• Like 1

Does it really matter seems to me that over the last three weeks we have used 95% of the available players to no avail.

But please do not bring back Bennell and Blease

Both are hopeless out of their depth, they struggle to look above average at Casey

• Like 1

Guest Dr Who

I normally hate this but I'm going to give it a try -

FB: Nicholson Frawley Rivers

HB: Grimes Garland Tapscott

C: Trengove Bartram Green

HF: Dunn Watts Bail

FF: Davey Howe Clark

Foll: Jamar Jones Magner

Int: McKenzie Moloney Bate

S: Couch

Bartram & McKenzie - Hard Tag Boyd

Edited by Dr Who

I normally hate this but I'm going to give it a try -

FB: Nicholson Frawley Rivers

HB: Grimes Garland Tapscott

C: Trengove Bartram Green

HF: Dunn Watts Bail

FF: Davey Howe Clark

Foll: Jamar Jones Magner

Int: McKenzie Moloney Bate

S: Couch

That is probably as good as it gets at the moment Dr.

Guest Gotzy15

Actually nah it would be terrible to see my grandma having a crack, going in hard and getting absolutely no support from anyone. Shed probably get flattened and no-one would go to see if she's ok

I honestly can't see a lot of changes coming from this game. We weren't THAT bad. The margin was pretty much all from the third quarter, and if you take that out of the game, we were basically even. Obviously they showed us up with midfield pace (I'm pretty sure I called that a few days ago when the team came out), but there was improvement on the previous week.

I agree with this. Unless someone beats the door down after a terrific performance at Casey, we'd be better off giving our best 22 (and this might be them at the moment!) the chance to bed down the strategy in some real games. I can see little point in substituting strugglers for strugglers.

OUT - Grimes (could'nt possibly get up this week) I would'nt risk him.

IN - Couch

Bate may still want to go to Bulldogs. He will have a big game in his audition!!!

sorry to be off topic, but i didn't know which thread to say this

was out last night at a bar on chapel st, and saw Jared Rivers, Lynden Dunn and Jeremy Howe absolutely smashed on the dancefloor at this particular bar, is it accepted now that the players are allowed to go out and drink the night after a game?

sorry to be off topic, but i didn't know which thread to say this

was out last night at a bar on chapel st, and saw Jared Rivers, Lynden Dunn and Jeremy Howe absolutely smashed on the dancefloor at this particular bar, is it accepted now that the players are allowed to go out and drink the night after a game?

sheesh what do ya say ey..?

I almost wonder whether Martin would be better in the ruck - Jamar didnt win many or tapped to no one a few times (althouigh there were some good taps to Jonesy) and his handballing under pressure wasnt helpful. martin did sweat FA in the forward 50 today.

I

I think he misses Beamer. They had such a great partnership and maybe he just can't whip up the same results without his #22 to get it out and kick it. If we had that working and with Clark in forward line we wouldn't be 0-3 now

Edited by Demondeb

We desperately need to inject some pace into the side, particularly to the midfield. At present our midfield mix consists of slow inside players (Jones, Magner, Trengove, Bate and McKenzie) and very outside receivers (Watts, Howe and Davey). The mix is wrong and we need to try and get some inside/outside players around the ball. Bartram, Bail and Frawley should all be played through the midfield as they can win their own ball (and possibly break away from the stoppage when they do) and apply pressure when we don’t have it.

Our backline includes one (or perhaps two) too many talls and lacks kicking skill and run. Bartram’s lack of kicking stagnates our offensive transition and he needs to find another spot. I would run him as a tagger every week.

Tapscott doesn’t have the tricks to play forward at AFL level or the engine to play in the midfield. He should be played in the backline on the opposition’s slowest small forward. If he is going to make it this will need to be his role. (Grimes is in a similar predicament.)

I doubt if Tom McDonald has the skill level required for AFL.

Despite being out of form, Green is still one of our better players and needs to come back in.

If Moloney is fit he must play. Unfortunately he doesn’t help the lack of pace problem, so I think Magner or Bate need to be the one to make way.

Martin is not a KPF and he is badly out of form. He is either a ruckman or a defender. (Although I am not sure his ball use is good enough to be played in the backline with the press.)

Despite Couch’s good VFL form, he is another plodder. His inclusion would only add to our problem.

In: Green, Moloney, Petterd, Nicholson, Blease

Out: Grimes (inj.), Martin, Magner, McDonald, Bate

Nicholson, Rivers, Frawley

Tapscott, Garland, Morton

Watts, Jones, Trengove

Howe, Clark, Petterd

Davey, Green, Dunn

Jamar, Moloney, Bartram

Sellar, Bail, McKenzie

Blease