I give up!

dees64

As a Member since 1998 & a supporter from the 70s I have not seen such a poor team since the 70s & early 80s!

We continue to make very poor recruitment & coaching appointments. Im not having a crack at Neeld but time will tell

Why wouldnt you pick Natanaui over Watts, at a time in 08 when the club was broke we needed a player that would show a something freaky & flashiness but yet we continue to go down the road of boring! We have had a number of early draft picks, whats gone wrong.

When was our last KPP fwd we drafted...... Neitz 1993 thats almost 20yrs ago

Is this game plan too hard for our low skilled players to adopt? We are not Collingwood

Were are our leaders on the ground?

Should the game plan reflect on the ability of what the playing group can play too? Or do we go on not winning any games & hope eventually we get players to adapt. But at what cost, who will go to watch us? membership etc

I dont want to sink the boots into Neeld but we will not win any were near to 7.5 games as we did in 2011.

Can we members continue to watch this garbage?

• Like 1

As a Member since 1998 & a supporter from the 70s I have not seen such a poor team since the 70s & early 80s!

We continue to make very poor recruitment & coaching appointments. Im not having a crack at Neeld but time will tell

Why wouldnt you pick Natanaui over Watts, at a time in 08 when the club was broke we needed a player that would show a something freaky & flashiness but yet we continue to go down the road of boring! We have had a number of early draft picks, whats gone wrong.

Is this game plan too hard for our low skilled players to adopt? We are not Collingwood

Should the game plan reflect on the ability of what the playing group can play too? Or do we go on not winning any games & hope eventually we get players to adapt. But at what cost, who will go to watch us? membership etc

I dont want to sink the boots into Neeld but we will not win any were near to 7.5 games as we did in 2011.

Yes the club spin this week will be hollow. That is not anything to do with Neeld's media conference.

Hmm...Well I didnt expect to win this one obviously but we are playing complete & utter garbage football atm.

I am just sick of knowing we wont win very often..

To lose like that tonight is just BS!

To the melbourne players....you are becoming very very tedious and this is bordering on the poor 90s teams efforts.

Demons players are the ones that now owe us now not the club itself!

My thoughts exactly its not Neeld its what the club as a whole has become and its reflected in the weak accepting attitude of many on this site

How about we harden up if any body really believes the club has done well in recruiting, player development,business management please put your hand up now and have the discussion

It actually physically hurt me watching today. I think you hit the nail on the head when you suggested that Neeld needed to fashion a game plan based on what the players were capable of rather than what Collingwood do, because they aren't capable of executing his current plan. We have some of the dumbest footballers in the history of the game and a complicated game plan is beyond them. I have a feeling Neeld may have tried to make dramatic changes to the way we previously paid too soon and the playing group is imploding.

Edited by Outside fifty
  • Like 1

I was confident we would beat Brisbane last week and when I looked at the next two games against West Coast and Richmond I thought we could 2 wins and 1 loss after round 3.

Obviously I got way ahead of myself but I don't even think we will beat Richmond next week.

I hear you D64... Went to a barbeque yesterday... met some new people. As usual the conversation to turned to footy..... "Who do you follow?" I was asked. "The Dees" I responded... "Oh" was the response... followed by the look of 'I dont know whether to laugh or give you a sympathitic hug'.

The sad thing is, despite this past fortnight being a shocker for MFC, yesterday's experience is the same reaction I (and no doubt many others) have had to put up with for too long. It's got to the point that I cant even remember what year it was when we beat St Kilda in the semis...

:(

Can we stop the Nic Nat thing?

He wanted to stay in Perth .

Jack Watts is good .

If you hate yourself for being a Demon either take lots of drugs like I do or quit and barrack for GWS.

FFS cut out the "I give up" stuff.

• Like 7

Watts will be okay IMO. It's Cook over Darling, Maric over Selwood, Strauss over Zaharakis and Blease over Shuey that trouble me. And I know nothing about recruitment - but that's what worries me given that my Herald Sun opinions would've landed us a better list than the dudes paid to nail this for us.

• Like 2

Can we stop the Nic Nat thing?

He wanted to stay in Perth .

Jack Watts is good .

If you hate yourself for being a Demon either take lots of drugs like I do or quit and barrack for GWS.

FFS cut out the "I give up" stuff.

What did the super star do today?in your honest opinion!

What did the super star do today?in your honest opinion!

Chased leather like all of them .

The bathwater goes .The baby stays.

• Like 4

Ive been a supporter for 35 yrs and a member for a lot of them. I went through the early to mid 80s with no success then the late 80s to early 90s with some success and 2000. I can take losing, you get use to that, and Jimmy got me excited again that we were going the right way. But we have no jumper sponsor and lost a 6 million dollar sponsor this week and we dont have any players showing anything. I am so frustrated, I have a 6 and 8 yr old who love the dees but I get sick of making excuses for our team and why they should barrack for them. PLEASE PLEASE just show something before i give up.

To the board of the MFC we as the members need to sit down and here what your plans are for this club before you sink our club. We are the MFC as the members and you and our players show nothing but crap to us and then ask for more money. Its time for a change in this club again as you have failed your members once again. We want to know why we have the worst kids after having the best picks? We want to know why we have no sponsers? We want to know why you but blind faith in a coach who has never coached when you said you would bring in the best? We want to know why our players have no heart and love for the jumper we love? We want to know why our culture is so bad ?We want to know how a VFL player is our best player? We want to know why you have failed us as the members again? You as the board need to talk to your members and if you dont you will be gone because im not letting you guys hide from this crap we WANT to be heard AND NOW. All memebers of this club should be heard lets get this going so we here this boards plans.

• Like 1

To the board of the MFC we as the members need to sit down and here what your plans are for this club before you sink our club. We are the MFC as the members and you and our players show nothing but crap to us and then ask for more money. Its time for a change in this club again as you have failed your members once again. We want to know why we have the worst kids after having the best picks? We want to know why we have no sponsers? We want to know why you but blind faith in a coach who has never coached when you said you would bring in the best? We want to know why our players have no heart and love for the jumper we love? We want to know why our culture is so bad ?We want to know how a VFL player is our best player? We want to know why you have failed us as the members again? You as the board need to talk to your members and if you dont you will be gone because im not letting you guys hide from this crap we WANT to be heard AND NOW. All memebers of this club should be heard lets get this going so we here this boards plans.

Big Jim I agree with your comments.

I also think I have an answer. Leadership at each level of the club. It seems everyone is in over their head.

Big Jim I agree with your comments.

I also think I have an answer. Leadership at each level of the club. It seems everyone is in over their head.

we were in over our heads 5 years ago

we are now approaching the bottom of the Mariana Trench

Edited by daisycutter
  • Like 3

We've become unwatchable. A VFL side masquerading as an AFL team. Much more of this garbage and the club is rooted. Next draft is the most important in the club's history.

That's what we said about last years draft and the one before that. It looks like the 2008 draft with Strauss, Blease, Bennell, Jetta and Bail was a real disaster. Thanks BP.

Guest Jackie

When are Schwab and Connolly going to to get the sack? I am starting to believe these guys are responsible for the ongoing mutiny at the club?

Edited by Jackie
  • Like 2

I too am extremely disappointed but we cannot dwell on the past. We now need to select players on the field who want to be the future, who want to make history in winning a premiership after 50 years and we need to bring in players with passion and guts. Unfortunately, the tail does not wag the dog so unfortunately some senior players need to make way. It is too depressing to think of the past so I will think of the future and I may change my sign-in name to "maybe next decade".

What a pathetic thread, yes lets all give up. Lets expect the club and players to rally but we all just give up. Yes it is bad now but I am not throwing away about 55 years of fanatical devotion to just give up. It will turn around and I will be there when it does. There is lots to fix but it will be fixed. One good draft, picking well, can give us a new midfield. That is our main problem on the field. Our list will be turned around quickly. It will change and I will be there when it does. My only alternative is to give up footy and I won't. To those who want to quit, grow some balls. Go Dees.

• Like 6

I know it's tough to cop but we are in for more pain this year, and we will need to ride it out again.

Malthouse took over Collingwood in 2000, they finished 15th.

In 2001 they finished 9th.

In 2002 and 2003 they played in GFs.

I FACE YOUR DEMONS REFUSE TO GIVE UP, AND WILL STILL MAKE THE 600 ODD KM ROUND TRIP DOWN TO WATCH MY BELOVED MELBOURNE PLAY.

Please note. The statements listed immediately above are the sole opinion of the noted writer of the above document.The information should be construed as an open opinion and information contained in this document represents facts to the best of the writers knowledge and should not be viewed as permanent certified fact but that as the way the information is interpreted by the opinion of the author

• Like 3