• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Demonland

Oh yeah, football. Forgot about that.

LOL at Moloney's "injury". Soft. Wish they had just said "omitted for playing like garbage".

The sad thing is, our midfield just went from bad to worse!

Would love to see you call him soft to his face! One of the best and toughest blokes at the club. Keyboard hero at it's finest! Not that your the only one though

• Like 1

I tell you what, when all of the shite does pass by and we start playing some good footy, I can't help but think that this playing group is going to become one of the most galvanised, hard-arsed bunch of players going around.

Talk about learning from experience! The emotions the whole club has gone/going through can't be simulated.

Last week is history and we learnt that making a stand is something more than the players assumed.

Stand up and be counted lads.

Go DEE'S

I have no confidence in this part whatsoever McQueen. I will continue to support the Club, but at what stage, with all that has happened over the past 3 seasons, are they going to turn on this "unity" tap?

I'm really disappointed with the team changes. Has Neeld backed up his presser comments? Absolutely - he has made 4 changes, so it is far from the same 22 going to Perth. Has he targeted the players that he put "blind faith" in? Well, Flash isn't playing, but Moloney is injured. Yet, he's decided to drop 2 kids, who I thought were not in our worst 4 on the weekend.

I said after the game last week that I hope he (Neeld) doesn't do the standard "drop the battlers or kids". Alas, he did.

FWIW, Green and Rivers should've been in the "outs". I don't care if that meant our teams was too young, I want players to have a crack. If they lose by 20 goals but all players walk off with nothing left, I'd much rather that.

I agree with the OP that the way the team plays tomorrow will very much define its character.

The club has declared its hand this week in the way in which it dealt with the Mifsud and the Polis issues. In both instances, it demonstrated it's complete integrity (as opposed to the shonky conduct of Demetriou, Thomas and Mifsud - not much decency there).

In that respect, we've already won off the field. Even if we don't get the four points in Perth we will ultimately win and be successful in the long run. That said, I hope the 22 who run out for us tomorrow will play their part.

I said after the game last week that I hope he (Neeld) doesn't do the standard "drop the battlers or kids". Alas, he did.

He didn't drop Macdonald or Bartram (the biggest battlers in our side). He dropped our softest front-runner and two players who would have been absolutely mauled going interstate in their second games. Seriously, give the guy a little more credit.

Anyone see the Mark Knight cartton in todays paper. of Jim sitting in a chair with a board with everything written down of all our issues and Jim saying Ive only been gone a week. He is very creative that guy. Had a chuckle. So glad Jim isnt here to see this mess. I mean that in the way of Jim still being sick and I know he would have stepped in and taken over.

I forgot there was a match on this weekend.

we will get flogged bigtime, at least 75 points, team has had worst month any club has ever had in history

You are right of course, there's not much to bring in.

I wanted Couch in. Wanted Green out. And I'm not a Bennell fan.

I'm just grumpy.

agree, Bennell is an average player, l would have given Morton a go, he's better than Bennell.

I will be interested to see how the team is coached this week. I think it would be fair to say that Neeld made very few effective moves to either help capitalise on our superiority when we were on top in the latter half of the first quarter or to stop the flow of ball to the Brisbane forwards in the third.

I thought that he was a tactician and that Neil Craig alongside him had the experience to deal with such situations and I'd like to see some signs of this tomorrow.

I will be interested to see how the team is coached this week. I think it would be fair to say that Neeld made very few effective moves to either help capitalise on our superiority when we were on top in the latter half of the first quarter or to stop the flow of ball to the Brisbane forwards in the third.

I thought that he was a tactician and that Neil Craig alongside him had the experience to deal with such situations and I'd like to see some signs of this tomorrow.

Yep, but not holding my breath.

agree, Bennell is an average player, l would have given Morton a go, he's better than Bennell.

Imagine what we could do with these two on the park together.... :wacko:

Old Dee would have a fit

Unlike most others here, I really rate Bennell. I reckon something will click for him sometime soon, and he'll be a bloody good player.

I also rate Dunn. Good inclusions IMO.

That said, I can't see us not getting pumped by about 80 points tomorrow. New game plan. No Sylvia. No Moloney. No class. Could be an ugly game.

I have no confidence in this part whatsoever McQueen. I will continue to support the Club, but at what stage, with all that has happened over the past 3 seasons, are they going to turn on this "unity" tap?

I'm really disappointed with the team changes. Has Neeld backed up his presser comments? Absolutely - he has made 4 changes, so it is far from the same 22 going to Perth. Has he targeted the players that he put "blind faith" in? Well, Flash isn't playing, but Moloney is injured. Yet, he's decided to drop 2 kids, who I thought were not in our worst 4 on the weekend.

FWIW, Green and Rivers should've been in the "outs". I don't care if that meant our teams was too young, I want players to have a crack. If they lose by 20 goals but all players walk off with nothing left, I'd much rather that.

Bennell in for Tynan/Davey....hmmm....ok.

Green shouldn't be in on last weeks performance. Weak decision IMO both from a "strong statement" point of view as well as strategically. We're now overloaded with medium sized forwards with Dunn & Petterd in. Would have been a strong message here to the established boys....."blind faith" is out as per Neeldy's comments. Harsh, but thats the way it is at Demonland now boys. Oh well. There goes that opportunity.

Lost Moloney with no mid field replacement. Couch was the obvious one after racking up the most number of possessions against Coburg last week. To me that's how you put pressure on the existing mid-field crew as well. Bring in a likely replacement who's earned it and let him. Also means the regular (Beamer) might have to come back through Casey and show he's hitting some decent form/fitness himself before he just rolls back in (another strong statement).

Blease i would have kept for one more game (Green out) and tell him he has this week to run his ass off from the HB line, break some lines and find some hit ups AND work his ass off going the other way when we lose possession (along with others of course)....otherwise he'll be spending the early winter out Casey Fields way.

By bringing Sellar in and not bumping Rivers, we're now slightly overweight mid sized to tallish backs as well, none of them having a real change/turn of pace or decent line breaking capability other than maybe Bennell IF he's given the ball often enough and in space. Unlikely given the quality of the opposition and Bennell just doesn't work hard enough to get himself to enough contests IMO after his initial speedy effort. Although that's based on what i've seen last year. happy to see what his offering this year and hopefully there's improvement here.

I realise we have to cover Lynch as well but I think Sellar, Frawley, Martin & Jamar were enough to run with the Eagles talls here. No need for Rivers in this line up. The backline now looks EXTRA slow to me. In addition, Sellar has the height and build advantage over Rivers to better match up against a likely heavy build/tall like Lynch.

Good luck to all the boys. They're gonna need it. Lets hope they all crack in and give us something regardless of the scoreline!

Edited by Rusty Nails

Unlike most others here, I really rate Bennell. I reckon something will click for him sometime soon, and he'll be a bloody good player.

I also rate Dunn. Good inclusions IMO.

That said, I can't see us not getting pumped by about 80 points tomorrow. New game plan. No Sylvia. No Moloney. No class. Could be an ugly game.

No Moloney is a benefit. He simply did nothing last week. The only downside to his non-appearance this week is that now someone else gets tagged. As for Bennell, I don't think you'll find many people criticising his disposals. It his toughness, consistency and work ethic that people criticise. If he can put these more effort and knowledge-based aspects of his game right, then he will become a worthwhile addition to the team. I'm sure the coach can get that out of him.

that's because the outside was all on the inside trying to get contested possession stats

Our outside work has been no existent under Neeld imo. i dont think we are strong with these types, and he will teach it eventually. I am happy we have won the contested ball though shows some hunger atleast, and under Bailey we were the opposite "bruise free" game.

Winning the amount of hard inside ball we have been is a trait that the tops teams share, we just need to develope this and further parts to go with it before we start taking bounds forward.

• Like 3

This is a very tall and extremely slow team - must be one of the slowest sides ever selected.

When we did well in 2010, it was when Jamar had to ruck virtually the whole game, with someone like Dunn as back-up, and we selected a team full of runners. We seem fiercely determined to ditch everything from the Bailey era as a matter of principle, even the few things we did that actually worked.

Even if we do manage to cover their talls, we'll get absolutely run off our feet at Subi.

we are paying 12.00! Downright embarrassing.

how predictable is it that the eagles will slam on a bunch of unanswered goals early in the first. Happens every time we travel.

Why should it happen this time?

Our players should be steeled and ready to perform after the [censored] we've copped as a club this week.

Anyone who doesn't want to put his head down, bum up and get the footy today doesn't deserve to get selected again.

They'll slam on unanswered goals from beginning to end I fear. I can't see us getting within 6 goals of them per quarter, meaning a 24 goal win. I wish I could, but currently we are just a devastated collection of confidence-free journeymen. I understand all of you who are hoping for the galvanising spirit to lift us up, the phoenix rising from the fires of adversity, but the reality is way more brutal sadly. We are going to get hammered, and in the worst possible way by a physically uncompromising, home crowd swelling, team of largely experienced hard men. The best note of optimism though, is it may represent our bottoming out for 2012. Let's hope. Bring on next week.

Gee I remember 2 years ago when WC were a basket case and finished with the wooden spoon. Add 3 players(Darling,Gaff and a fit Kerr) and they are now world beaters. The rest of the side played 2 years ago. The point is, that things can change very quickly in this game and when all looks lost things can happen. I don't think they will change this week but don't give up hope.

Gee I remember 2 years ago when WC were a basket case and finished with the wooden spoon. Add 3 players(Darling,Gaff and a fit Kerr) and they are now world beaters. The rest of the side played 2 years ago. The point is, that things can change very quickly in this game and when all looks lost things can happen. I don't think they will change this week but don't give up hope.

Cox, was injured all year as was Embley & Glass, not to mention 2011 was the first year Shuey had no injuries heading into the year and a full pre season under his belt. They put the cue in the rack from about round 14 in 2010 sent every one away for surgery and started preparing for 2011 well in advance.

Their older players and leaders are outstanding and if you take them out they fall back with the pack very quickly. Where we can gain hope from Meth Coast rise last season is the likes of Scott Selwood, Will Schofield, Brad Ebert and others got the 50-60 games into them hich can not be underestimated

Cox, was injured all year as was Embley & Glass, not to mention 2011 was the first year Shuey had no injuries heading into the year and a full pre season under his belt. They put the cue in the rack from about round 14 in 2010 sent every one away for surgery and started preparing for 2011 well in advance.

Their older players and leaders are outstanding and if you take them out they fall back with the pack very quickly. Where we can gain hope from Meth Coast rise last season is the likes of Scott Selwood, Will Schofield, Brad Ebert and others got the 50-60 games into them hich can not be underestimated

Well said PSD

I would love to see us win today if for no other reason than to watch the backtracking that would surely go on in here.

Edited by hardtack