You poach, you pay

Guest Jackie

I'm really sick of collingwood. First theyre all for the league expansion and compensation is fair but don't you dare take anyone from collingwood or we will crush you. I acknowledge it would be more than slightly annoying to lose a coach in finals but from what I remembered neeld offered to stay and you showed him the door.

Geelong have lost ablett, Thompson and a slew of assistant coaches over the last few years. You don't see them constantly complaining do you Eddie? They just got on with the business of winning premierships.

Absolutely Spot on Mate.....Collingwood "My Way...... or Else"

We the MFC must become as big as that club. Do not tell me it cannot be done...it can, the club just needs the right attitude over a long sustained period...and accept nothing less...That does not mean we cannot have compassion, but we must demand 100% commitment from all employees at every level of the club...It makes for a better work place any way...knowing your fellow worker will do a job, regardless of outside influence.

Otherwise Clubs like Collingwood etc, will slowly strangle us.

We must rise...They will not fall to our level...if we the MFC want to truly look the Filth in the eye again in September.

Guest Dr Who

The AFL playing Judge and Jury again at the behest of their favourite money-spinners clubs, and all in their favourite spin of "integrity" and "morality".

Seems they want to run the sport as a corporate business but with their own rules of corporate governance

I wonder what we would have to do to become one "of their favourite money-spinners clubs"?

Seems there are unwritten laws on the streets where the fittest/strongest survive. You can legislate all you want but human nature always looks for an alternative route - maybe?

I wonder what we would have to do to become one "of their favourite money-spinners clubs"?

Seems there are unwritten laws on the streets where the fittest/strongest survive. You can legislate all you want but human nature always looks for an alternative route - maybe?

Simple, money talks in the AD world

Edit: become more ethical and moral - LOL

Edited by daisycutter

What I don't get about this poaching thing is why Demetriou is concerned about clubs poaching other clubs' assistant coaches while proudly applauding GWS poaching a 19 year old kid after playing one season and a year ahead of the end of his contract.

Smells of rank hypocisy and arrogance but that's the AFL these days.

• Like 3

If I understand this correctly Collingwood are really cheesed of about us getting Neeld and it may have cost them a flag? ROFL :)

Perhaps if they had a proper selection process at their own club for their next senior coach instead of giving the gig thier pres's mate their assistants wouldn't have to go elsewhere?

Guest Dr Who

Simple, money talks in the AD world

Edit: become more ethical and moral - LOL

I never asked what "language" you thought he spoke - its clear what language you think he speaks. But nice try to avoid the question. Maybe there in sits one of our biggest issues as a football club.

I asked - I wonder what we would have to do to become one "of their favourite money-spinners clubs"?

I never asked what "language" you thought he spoke - its clear what language you think he speaks. But nice try to avoid the question. Maybe there in sits one of our biggest issues as a football club.

I asked - I wonder what we would have to do to become one "of their favourite money-spinners clubs"?

ask away old sport, the answer is the same

sorry i can't help with your comprehension problems B)

Guest Jackie

What I find particulary galling in Caroline Wilsons article is the sugggestion of possible illegal and underhanded activities occuring and having Neeld's photo prominently headlining the article. For Vlad to become involved Eddie must have been sooking and whining big time to him. This article appears to be a veiled attack on our coach.

Edited by Jackie

What I find particulary galling in Caroline Wilsons article is the sugggestion of possible illegal and underhanded activities occuring and having Neeld's photo prominently headlining the article. For Vlad to become involved Eddie must have been sooking and whining big time to him. This article appears to be a veiled attack on our coach.

who did you read as the asst. coach downloading the IP, Neald or Sanderson?

I couldn't tell, so in that sense it besmirches both

Guest Jackie

who did you read as the asst. coach downloading the IP, Neald or Sanderson?

I couldn't tell, so in that sense it besmirches both

Perhaps both I agree. My dad worked has worked for several newspapers and says using a photo this way is a means to get the message across without making direct specific accusations. You read the article then look at the photo, hint, hint, simple as that. It's pointless really in this regard because any assistant coach will have plenty of secrets and inside knowledge in his head. No need for spreadsheets etc.

Edited by Jackie

Also, at the very end of the Wlson article

Anderson, flanked by AFL medical officers Harry Unglik and Hugh Seward also addressed the coaches in a bid to emphasise the seniority of club doctors over high-performance experts.

Another dig at MFC

The AFL just sees itself as the puppet-master with the clubs as favoured, wayward(clobber at every opportunity) or willing marionettes

Funny, I thought Collingwood were happy for Neeld to be interviewed for coaching positions. It wasn't exactly a secret. A bit of revisionism going on here me thinks, Geelong were the better team and Collingwood are making excuses, and speaking of excuses I can't get over Hawthorn thinking the prelim loss cost them a flag.

Has anyone noticed how Caroline seems to have changed her tune a bit this season after the boss has fed her a few stories, she has become very AFL friendly.

Guest Dr Who

Eddy is a whinging pissant.

A successful whinging pissant. The very success that so many around here crave, the very success we are looking to duplicate in so many ways.

What I don't get about this poaching thing is why Demetriou is concerned about clubs poaching other clubs' assistant coaches while proudly applauding GWS poaching a 19 year old kid after playing one season and a year ahead of the end of his contract.

Smells of rank hypocisy and arrogance but that's the AFL these days.

An unusually succinct yet demostratively brilliant summmation of the topic at hand ye nom de plume of that which shall never be played on my stereo .

Melbourne didn't poach Neeld - they put out an advert , he applied and he was appointed.

MFC didn't tell him he had to leave Collingwood during the finals - Collingwood asked him to leave.

Nobody lied about anything, in this case.

So he who as someone earlier pointed out talks about integrity but lacks any especially when it comes to his own pet projects e.g. GC, GWS, should just but out and stop interfering in what doesn't concern him.

IF anyone broke a contract it was Neeld and / or Collingwood, but it sounds as if it was by mutual agreement.

Bottom line is....that maybe, just maybe, MFC may have contributed to Collingwood's downfall, and how good is that if true?

Presumably the one with very selective integrity thinks that a club should wait until after the GF to appoint the person who will amongst other things play a pivotal role in his new club's future a fortnight later at trade week - how much integrity is there in that?

Edited by monoccular
  • Like 2

Melbourne didn't poach Neeld - they put out an advert , he applied and he was appointed.

MFC didn't tell him he had to leave Collingwood during the finals - Collingwood asked him to leave.

Nobody lied about anything, in this case.

So he who as someone earlier pointed out talks about integrity but lacks any especially when it comes to his own pet projects e.g. GC, GWS, should just but out and stop interfering in what doesn't concern him.

IF anyone broke a contract it was Neeld and / or Collingwood, but it sounds as if it was by mutual agreement.

Bottom line is....that maybe, just maybe, MFC may have contributed to Collingwood's downfall, and how good is that if true?

Presumably the one with very selective integrity thinks that a club should wait until after the GF to appoint the person who will amongst other things play a pivotal role in his new club's future a fortnight later at trade week - how much integrity is there in that?

Great post Mono. You should send that to Caro and ask her if she actually has an opinion on it, or is she content to be a mouthpiece for the AFL and Collingwood on the subject integrity and how they interpret it?

Edited by diesel

You know what...isnt it just marvellous that Collingwoods cage is rattled.....and we're the ones doing it.

Poor Eddie...pooooorrrrrrrrrrrr Eddie... diddums !!

Vlad...hypocrite to the nth to thepower of N degree !!

If we are the reason the Filth lost a flag, then i would be willing to pay any fine they want.....

anyway they are just upset that they ended up losing all of FIGJAM's preferred assistants...Neeld and Sanderson.

Now FIGJAM will be exposed and doesn't have the protection that PrettyBoy has at the Scum....

Boo hoo all we hear out of Collingwood is whinging and excuses. As has been clearly stated in this thread we did not poach anyone; we advertised a job which he applied for and won. His new contract began after his current one ceased. He and Melbourne were willing to to allow Neeld to see out his contract but Collingwood refused.

Secondly, how is poaching coaches different to poaching players? Surely what GC & GWS have been doing (and soon every club will be doing with free agency) is inifnitely worse than an assistant coach applying for a senior role before the year is out. The whole thing is a crock.

WHY ARE WE ALWAYS GETTING DRAGGED INTO THESE STUPID ARGUMENTS??????

Nobody mentions Dean Wellman who left with a year to go on his contract??

Nobody talks about Carlton tanking the last 11 games of the year to get Judd?

Nobody talks about Carlton tanking to get Kruezer?

Nobody talks about Carlton winning 3 wooden spoons in a row?

Nobody talks about how we were stiffed by Scott Thompson.

A few talk about who we were stiffed by Scull and his fat dad.

They all talk about Melbourne.

Stuff 'em. I am sick of Melbourne being dragged through the mud on these stupid issues. What are we - cursed?? Stynes, Broadbridge, Wight, Barassi, Norm Smith........aaaarggghhhh

As for Coaches. If clubs stop sacking coaches mid contract then guess what might happen?? People might actually start honouring contracts.

(rant over)

Agree.

The Filth is right we should be ashamed of ourselves. HA HA Ha Ha Ha

We should. Malthouse from Eagles. Buckley from Lions. Rocca from Swans. Ball from Saints. Jolly from Swans. Should I go on? We should be ashamed.