Colin Sylvia

H_T

Will Neeld turn potential into a consistant agrade player like we all know he should be

I am amazed someone of his talent has not got a best and fairest to his name by now

With the expected improvement of our talent pool it might be beyond him

If he remains stagnant he might find the only accolade he can win is the JJ Liston trophy

Would like to see him be more team focused as he strikes me as having too much of the look at me attitude about him

I have confidence in Neeld,s no nonsense approach turning things around for Colin Sylivia and a few of others like him

IMO Colin is at the fork in the road

Most dissapointing aspect of pre-season reports is the lack of information on Col, and the fact that he has spent much of his time in the rehab group.

I like the fact we haven't heard much about Col.

To me No news is good news.

The only news we ever hear about him in the past has been DISASTROUS.

It's probably asking too much to think he may have grown up?

Edited by Chippy

Guest Jackie

To me he is like a lottery ticket. I buy one with hopes it will win but usually disappoints. Occasionally a small win keeps up the interest. But reality always says a good win is a long shot.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sylvia is one of our many players who have shown they have performance to match their potential. Maybe we expected too much for them to perform consistently and now may be chance for Neeld to get the performance when he wants. I may be being a bit boring in saying that using the whole list may be betterthan relying on a consistent 22. If Sylvia is not suited for the opposition or the circumstance replace him with the better option for that week. Circulation through the 2's was always a way to punish but can also be a way to refresh and concentrate development so that performance on the big stage on the big occasion can be acheived.

Guest gidon

Col has the ability to dominate a game here and there, but not week in and week out. I expect natural improvement as with all players.

Time for Colin to be treated for his out put not his potential tag coming back in round 2 through Casey. Only when he shows form should he be promoted.

Too many excuses with his partying ways. Plenty of players go out and party yet have or had performed on the field.

Sylvia has simply not delivered. Best finish in Bluey is 5th. For a talent with 8yrs under his belt its simply not good enough, Poor second efforts and previously has not done the work required to become elite - which he could be.

In short a very frustrating player as his best is brilliant. Hopefully a hard taskmaster - as Neeld appears to be at this early stage - is exactly the spark that Col needs. I hope so because if he can step up we are in for a ride....

• Like 1

Potential my ass. He is incapable of playing 100 minutes of football for more than a handful of games per season. That is his potential. What you see is what you get. He has the body for football not the mind. He doesn't and never had the potential to be anything more than he is because of this. Quite a few on this forum need to realise this.

More or less what I said - Colin has been one of the biggest disappointments of the last decade - his best is amazing but he lacks the mental application, and perhaps the intelligence, to put his best together quarter after quarter, week after week.

And no more of the OP in his first few seasons rubbish - he just can't be bothered to do it, quite simply.

Jesus, I know the guy may be a bit incosistent and had that terrible patch from rounds 13-18??? last year but i thought he consistently provided the team with a good option mid or forward. His consistency is slowly improving but this is the year, SURELY! He is a gun and one of the most dangerous in the comp, as stated, but if he played like he did against tigs round 22 last year every game, or most of then he will be seen as A Grade. Ease off!

Edited by DEELIRIOUS

Sylvia has simply not delivered. Best finish in Bluey is 5th. For a talent with 8yrs under his belt its simply not good enough, Poor second efforts and previously has not done the work required to become elite - which he could be.

In short a very frustrating player as his best is brilliant. Hopefully a hard taskmaster - as Neeld appears to be at this early stage - is exactly the spark that Col needs. I hope so because if he can step up we are in for a ride....

He played 15 games for us and polled the equal most brownlow votes with Davey who won the award suggesting had the body held up he had an equal year to our best. Sylvia's unlucky downfall is he is an attractive player to watch both in the looks sense of being enormous and a good looking player and classy when he turns it on. For these 2 reasons it creates hype and when the hype isn't matched weekly he is railroaded.

He is a genuine walk up best 18 player on any line of our midfield or forward line, but people must taper expectations for someone for the last 2 years has just played 30 games.

Edited by Demon Land 7

Good call or Bad Call. Allow Colin Sylvia to play the first AFL game of this 2012 Season by simply giving him a suspended sentence. A reversal is still a distinct possibility. Did the punishment fit the crime here? Sylvia looks pumped this year and is our number one mid fielder.

Good call or Bad Call. Allow Colin Sylvia to play the first AFL game of this 2012 Season by simply giving him a suspended sentence. A reversal is still a distinct possibility. Did the punishment fit the crime here? Sylvia looks pumped this year and is our number one mid fielder.

No retraction it sends the message to all that lack of discipline will not be tolerated, the benefits far outweigh the negatives here

• Like 1

Good call, and if you think a reversal is a distinct possibility then I would like to know how.

For Neeld to back-pedal on a decision like that would go against his whole elite performance mantra.

Sorry but no chance. I do however hope that Col rips it up this year.

• Like 1

Backing down would be a huge blunder: what sort of message would it give? That we are all talk?

I wish he was out there round 1 but colin done the wrong thing and will serve his time but i must say he is looking very good so far.

I dont think his the number 1 midfielder, though I think he could be if he is consistent.

He reminds me of Dustin Martin, though he should be several years ahead.

But anyway, he does need to miss the game. I think we should do ok without him against the Lions anyhow.

I really think he will have a big year. When he went near the ball against the pies on saterday he just looked like one of those players that looks like he is a step above everyone else with speed and class so im really lookin forward to see him this year GO Colin

I really think he will have a big year. When he went near the ball against the pies on saterday he just looked like one of those players that looks like he is a step above everyone else with speed and class so im really lookin forward to see him this year GO Colin

Colin has always looked like that....when playing teams below or equal to the MFC.

Only once in 2009 Queens Birthday have i seen Colin show his hidden talents against a Top Side.

Colin has always looked like that....when playing teams below or equal to the MFC.

Only once in 2009 Queens Birthday have i seen Colin show his hidden talents against a Top Side.

He had a night out against the Hawks with four goals in 2010 IIRC.

That's just off the top of my head, there maybe some others.