The Foxtel Footy Channel

Whispering_Jack

Careful, or you shall have to be sent to room 101 where someone will give you a stern talking to.

Yes. Sorry that i don't agree with paying for something that already advertises products. George Orwell was so right.
  • Like 1

FYI

Current costs for Foxtel with Sport (ie AFL Football)

$45 base + $16 sport + HD upgrade $10 = $71/month = $852/year

Plus OTCs of $100 Installation + $150 HD Upgrade = $250

Total First year cost = $1102

..........a little more than the 600 talked about!

FYI

Current costs for Foxtel with Sport (ie AFL Football)

$45 base + $16 sport + HD upgrade $10 = $71/month = $852/year

Plus OTCs of $100 Installation + $150 HD Upgrade = $250

Total First year cost = $1102

..........a little more than the 600 talked about!

Haha! And they make you watch adverts.....after all that outlay.

Haha! And they make you watch adverts.....after all that outlay.

Nobody is holding a gun to anyone's head and forcing them to get Foxtel. If you don't want it, or don't think it is worth it then that is up to you.

Thanks for coming on here and giving your input Rhett. One of the most disappointing things that I have ever watched on Foxtel was Kim Williams coming on saying that the Fox Footy channel was to cease. It was very good that one of the last things that Kim announced before leaving Foxtel was that Fox Footy was to be resurrected.

Nobody is holding a gun to anyone's head and forcing them to get Foxtel. If you don't want it, or don't think it is worth it then that is up to you.

Thanks for coming on here and giving your input Rhett. One of the most disappointing things that I have ever watched on Foxtel was Kim Williams coming on saying that the Fox Footy channel was to cease. It was very good that one of the last things that Kim announced before leaving Foxtel was that Fox Footy was to be resurrected.

Agree 100%, Big Kev.

If you don't want it, fine. It's a free Country. Your choice.

But, I reckon it's a wonderful option for those who do want it.

And, in my case, I get the new channel completely free of charge, being included in the package I'm already paying for. I, for one, couldn't be happier!

Well done, Foxtel!

i have no problems with people subscribing to Foxtel but i don't like my own posts deleted when they are as valid as yours.

I would seriously consider subscribing to Foxtel to watch Footy if i didn't have to sign up to all the other channels i don't want.

• Like 1

i have no problems with people subscribing to Foxtel but i don't like my own posts deleted when they are as valid as yours.

I would seriously consider subscribing to Foxtel to watch Footy if i didn't have to sign up to all the other channels i don't want.

Rupert does not allow criticism of his entirely legitimate and wonderfully ethical companies .Any untruth you print here shall be removed and you will be sent to re-education until you recognise the real truth .WYL , this is your first warning . Remember: ALL Foxtel is valid .ALL NewsCorp Media is true and honest .Rupert loves you.Rupert cares .Be careful.

What's with all the deleted post's???

Am i not allowed to air my own views on Foxtel??

Agreed. Seems to be a bit selective as to which posts are considered 'inappropriate'. I would have thought the issue of whether Foxtel was worth getting at all was at least as significant as things like 'will they have the umps' microphone.

Agreed. Seems to be a bit selective as to which posts are considered 'inappropriate'. I would have thought the issue of whether Foxtel was worth getting at all was at least as significant as things like 'will they have the umps' microphone.

Exactly- virtually all the games were on free to air a few years ago and now its $1100 for the first year?

We have every right to criticise foxtel or any other dodgy corporation on here . This is a public unofficial members forum -not a newspaper .

I have unapproved the posts in question because, as stated in post 54, I don't believe that this is a thread that should be devoted to the workings of the differing foxtel packages and prices.

If you would like to have this conversation, head to the general board.

The footy relevant posts have been kept, those discussing foxtel's pricing packages solely have been unapproved - I made this clear in post 54. Furthermore, those posts removed were reiterating points made on the previous two pages. Again, if you would like to have your say on the fox footy channel, go right ahead in this thread. If you would like to discuss the Foxtel in general, please do so on the general discussion board.

Foxtel Footy channel and Foxtel are the same business providing the services we are discussing .Why are dissenting opinions of the product removed from this forum? 45HG ,Why would you insist on separating the discussion when the media controlling football coverage is run by the same corporate entity? I don't an issue in discussing Murdoch run media in general .It's relevant and pertinent about 70% of all media here. I hate censorship that tries to silence personal opinion .

I have unapproved the posts in question because, as stated in post 54, I don't believe that this is a thread that should be devoted to the workings of the differing foxtel packages and prices.

If you would like to have this conversation, head to the general board.

The footy relevant posts have been kept, those discussing foxtel's pricing packages solely have been unapproved - I made this clear in post 54. Furthermore, those posts removed were reiterating points made on the previous two pages. Again, if you would like to have your say on the fox footy channel, go right ahead in this thread. If you would like to discuss the Foxtel in general, please do so on the general discussion board.

But the pricing discussions were directly related to the Footy channel. The sticking point/issue for some is the fact that they must take the (in their case) unwanted Basic package in order to be able to have access to the Sports package. That is entirely relevant to the discussion of the Footy channel and access to it - they want something more affordable that will allow them access to the footy coverage. The counter points made by myself and others regarding general affordablity are a usual part of any healthy discussion. No one was getting abusive, no one was hurling insults at Rhett as a Foxtel representative and no one was giving away state secrets.

But the pricing discussions were directly related to the Footy channel. The sticking point/issue for some is the fact that they must take the (in their case) unwanted Basic package in order to be able to have access to the Sports package. That is entirely relevant to the discussion of the Footy channel and access to it - they want something more affordable that will allow them access to the footy coverage. The counter points made by myself and others regarding general affordablity are a usual part of any healthy discussion. No one was getting abusive, no one was hurling insults at Rhett as a Foxtel representative and no one was giving away state secrets.

Spot on. The AFL signed this deal and now we have to cop all this extra cost. To spend over a Grand to become connected is a very big call on top of memberships and other costs.

Spot on. The AFL signed this deal and now we have to cop all this extra cost. To spend over a Grand to become connected is a very big call on top of memberships and other costs.

No you don't have to cop all this extra cost, you can watch free to air the same as you have always been able to, you just wont see every game live, ad free siren to siren.

Why not start a "To Foxtel or Not to Foxtel" thread and leave this one as a discussion on the content of the Fox Footy channel?

I was connected to Foxtel in November last year. The deal was the basic package (get started I think it was called) plus the full sports package for $50 a month.This is just the poverty pack with the normal Foxtel box and SD picture, no IQHD etc as I considered those the "nice-to-have's" and the unnecessary cost given that with a bit of extra effort you can record the game with a normal HDD recorder.

$600 to access every game live is great value.

$1800 minimum for the 3 return flights I will still take to come over and watch the boys play is the kicker..

I was connected to Foxtel in November last year. The deal was the basic package (get started I think it was called) plus the full sports package for $50 a month.This is just the poverty pack with the normal Foxtel box and SD picture, no IQHD etc as I considered those the "nice-to-have's" and the unnecessary cost given that with a bit of extra effort you can record the game with a normal HDD recorder.

$1800 minimum for the 3 return flights I will still take to come over and watch the boys play is the kicker..

That deal has expired McQueen according to the Foxtel website

Guest Thomo

Exactly. Nobody pays installation fees, and if you are smart you will not pay full price either. I got no set up, sport free for the first 6 months, plus the 12th month free, with an iq box. Was about $600 for the first year.

When I consider how much money I would spend at the pub watching footy it actually saves me money.

And those that claim it can be done much cheaper by foxtel, do you actually have any idea how much it costs foxtel to deliver their service? I don't, and I'm sure you don't either.

Guest Thomo

That deal has expired McQueen according to the Foxtel website

From my experiance foxtel will always do deals. Call them and get a price, say it is too expensive, hang up and they will call you back a week later throwing all sorts of incentives at you.

• Like 1

From my experiance foxtel will always do deals. Call them and get a price, say it is too expensive, hang up and they will call you back a week later throwing all sorts of incentives at you.

100% exactly what I was about to type.

Called up the other day because I have the Elite package which was about $130 per month. Said I'd been a user for years blah blah im paying $89 now.

Foxtel do somethings poorly but their phone customer service is fantastic and they do deals more than any company I can think off. If it takes 15 minutes of your time and they wont satisfy your needs hang up and you've lost nothing..

45HG16 - I enjoyed that show as well. The program schedule should be unveiled soon so we will know more in the next few weeks.

Duic- I haven't heard anything regarding the introduction of alternate commentary. I have passed the suggestions on over the last few weeks. From memory, last year there wasn't an alternate commentary option.

Rhett Bartlett.

Im told that you can get Foxtel on Xbox, then for $19.50 a month you can watch the footy channel on your TV.

Xbox are $149 (Im told) at Harvey Norman, it has built-in Wi-fi and the d/l are about 800Mb per hour in high definition.

Thats $250 for April till August, all up. Hope its true as thats what i will be doing!

whoops plus $70 once a year for Xbox Live Gold.

Edited by Franky_31