2½ MONTHS

Demonland

................. Apart from the fact that it was such a good story, it demonstrated something about Neeld to the club, the players, the supporters and to the football world as a whole - his determination to succeed at getting his man.

................ I'm not sure that many newly appointed coaches would have done that ................................

That achievement alone suggests to me that Mark Neeld is about much more than cheap talk.

I agree completely. Mark Neeld comes across to me as a no-nonsence, straight talkng, wysiwyg sort of bloke - most unlikely to mince words with the players, for the media or for his own personal ends.

The comments that WJ responded to Fan,in my opinion are spot on.Neeld has come in and shown what he requires to turn this club about.He has shown that he is a no- nonsense guy whom is going to get what he wants.At his initial interviews he stated their were weaknesses in the list that he wanted to address.Maybe it could be said that Tim had not been doing his job previously.Also no doubt that Neeld has been in will get involved to make sure that all new players will be to his liking from now on.Lastly,I feel,there will be a greater turnover of players at the end of 2012 , because he will weed out the players that can' t stand the heat in the kitchen.Cale & Aaron are two whom will be under the microscope.

Fan,

I agree with WJ. I dare say Neeld did just as much - if not more - convincing Clark than Harrington did. Granted Harrington would have had the financial package in tow - which would have helped. However, a football perspective and direction on Clark's involvement with the Mfc would have been Neeld's portfolio.

Besides, at the end of the day it's a team effort.

Neeld can only answer questions put to him by the media, just like any other coach before or after him. If he answers them in a performing manner - like Bailey before him - all well and good. But yes, what happens on the footy field is what matters.

• Like 1

I'm of the opinion that talk is cheap at this time of year. It's easy to come in and say or intimate that the previous lot were below par. I could go back and find the initial Bailey threads which were full of enthusiasm and positivity.

Talk is the only thing at this time of year...

He'll make mistakes but at least he is being honest with the blokes and the fans.

I'm at a loss to know what else exactly is Neeld supposed/able to do at present.

Apparently still not enough for some.. :huh:

I'm at a loss to know what else exactly is Neeld supposed/able to do at present.

Apparently still not enough for some.. :huh:

Or too Much!!!!....Some people deep down will struggle if we have success....The Team being in the spotlight weekly is not for some.

• Like 1

I really like the fact that he has singled out players publicly. There are no secrets and no favourites. Watts got a kicking for trying to hang out on TFS after 40 Games. Aaron has lost his hunger. Sylvia needs to decide if he is a tough guy on the field or off it ( or niether). Morton has a lifeline to clutch and Austin is gone because he simply wasn't a professional (no knock).

Why say in a backroom what we all know. We have been beyond weak in our dealings with people .The truth will set you free.

Name and shame the under-performers into repaying the faith placed in them.

Or too Much!!!!....Some people deep down will struggle if we have success....The Team being in the spotlight weekly is not for some.

As left field as that sounds to some it may well prove the case. Some people actually thrive in life on being the down trodden, the under achievers etc. Anyone whos involved with psych might be able to atest and define this syndrome more properly.

Some revel in the woe...go figure.

And are they in for some hurt...lol as the rest of us celebrate :)

As left field as that sounds to some it may well prove the case. Some people actually thrive in life on being the down trodden, the under achievers etc. Anyone whos involved with psych might be able to atest and define this syndrome more properly.

i remember a girl at my work having serious anxiety attacks after the Footscray game of 87. She seriously couldn't cope with september!! I thought she was pulling my leg until she showed me her medication!!

Footy is most personal.

Edited by why you little

History will show that since Gary Lyon stepped in just on 2 1/2 months ago he has restructured the football department to become one of the best strategic moves ever in an AFL team !

I agree with you BB

However there has not been a lot of the alternative

So I can understand why some people are a bit restrained.

We have heard it all before, on double figure occasions.

I will wait till june 2012 before I get too excited.

I have had my expectations raised too often in numerous pre seasons.

I agree with you BB

However there has not been a lot of the alternative

So I can understand why some people are a bit restrained.

We have heard it all before, on double figure occasions.

I will wait till june 2012 before I get too excited.

I have had my expectations raised too often in numerous pre seasons.

Well done Old Dee, I think this is probably the best statement of 2011 in my view. It sums up exactly how I feel, and I would imagine a lot of the people on this site are in the same boat.

It's not about thriving on being underachievers or getting used to being trodden on, it's about controlling, or as you superbly put it, RESTRAINING our feelings.

While I'm not (in the words of a Demonland great) "up to my balls in Neeld", and I have far from asked my boss for the 2 weeks off after the Grand Final to celebrate our premiership, I'm quite positive about what 2012 will bring us.

I can assure anyone on this site, when my Club loses, it hurts bloody hard, but you just front up the next week and hope that you don't feel that way again. The fact that we continue to front up, especially after the past few years, just makes us enjoy those wins that bit better. I have mates, and they barrack for the MFC, who are the first to sing the song when we win, but where are they when we lose? It sh!ts me that supporters are like that. I know that the day we win number 13, people that I grew up with, went to school with, and have worked with, I know that wherever they are, they will all smile and say "I bet billy2803 will be happy".

Just because I don't suffer from premature jubilation during preseason doesn't mean I don't have high hopes and get kicked in the guts when we don't achieve.

Edited by billy2803
  • Like 1

You do understand the word SOME dont you Billy ? I wasnt lumping all in a basket. I was suggesting some feeel this way..and they do.

carry on

Edited by belzebub59

This is another typical post for the sake of posting B59. You are an expert at it...tool. :huh:

Billy Billy.. I wasnt being nasty ..just corrective. You as usual took a something out of context and was being corrected. again grow up wil you..Im sure im not the only one tired of you incessant terirer like sniping.

Names Billy?? gee.. ouch !! Tools are useful...unlike inane trolling

Billy Billy.. I wasnt being nasty ..just corrective. You as usual took a something out of context and was being corrected. again grow up wil you..Im sure im not the only one tired of you incessant terirer like sniping.

Names Billy?? gee.. ouch !! Tools are useful...unlike inane trolling

Shouldn't be many thinking that way B59, as your posts are the only ones I have issues with.

Ahh, I love it, you don't like me callin gyou names, but love pulling out "the uneducated one", or "grow up", etc.

Perhaps I was the one correcting you B59. You say some supporters are that way, well, perhaps it would make me feel better if those "some" came forward and explained what it feels like.

Perhaps while you're there B59, re-read the opening paragraph of my post that you "corrected". Here it is just in case you get it mixed up which part I'm talking about;

"Well done Old Dee, I think this is probably the best statement of 2011 in my view. It sums up exactly how I feel, and I would imagine a lot of the people on this site are in the same boat."

As you, the resident "corrector", can quite clearly see my words of "a lot of people", not "all" as you kindly corrected(?) me on.