Assistant Coaches

MadAsHell

Here's what I'd like to see as our coaching panel for next year. Trying to keep to Neeld's comment of getting people from succesful backgrounds.

Senior Coach: Mark Neeld (confirmed, Ocen Grove 4 premierships, learnt craft under Blight & Malthouse)

Senior Assistant: Dean Laidely (96' premiership player. Took poor North lis to 07' prelim, learnt craft under Pagan/Malthouse)

Forward Line Coach: Matthew Lloyd (2000 premiership player, coached by Sheedy, will be available with chn 10 loosing TV rights)

Midfield Coach: Shannon Grant (99' premiership player, coached by Pagan & Laidley, learnt craft under Hird while VFL coach of Bendigo)

Back Line Coach: Peter German (04 & 06 premiership coach at Subiaco, current VFL coach of Williamstown. Coached by Pagan & worked as an assistant under the likes of Eade, Connolly & Judge)

Development Coach: Todd Viney (same as current)

Innovations Coach: Dave Dunbar (same as current)

General Manager, List Managment: Tim Harrington (same as)

General Manager, Football Operations: Neil Craig (Coached Adeliade FC to 05' minor premiership & 5 consecutive finals appearance)

Is there anyone else people would like to see come to the club? Other coaches I'd like to see include Gavin Brown & Adam Kingsley, however unless the position is a promotion as such I reckon it will be difficult to poach some coaches from rival clubs.

I don't like Lloyd but he is smart and always honest in his assessments. To get him as an assistant would be a coup In my opinion.

Senior Coach: Mark Neeld (confirmed, Ocen Grove 4 premierships, learnt craft under Blight & Malthouse)

Senior Assistant: Neil Craig - I think his sports science background will bring us forward leaps and bounds in footy development

Forward Line Coach: Leigh Brown - Maybe, Leigh Tudor, Paul Williams

Midfield Coach: Scott West - he has the credentials needs the game plan.

Back line Coach: Think we're stuck with Royal but our defence as a unit has gone backwards since he took over

Development Coach: Todd Viney

Innovations Coach: Dave Dunbar

General Manager, List Managment: Tim Harrington

General Manager, Football Operations: Rocket Eade

This would be the ideal I don't think we could afford it

Mark Neeld to appoint whoever the ..... he likes. I want to see him given the reins to the whole footy dept. Blind faith...maybe, I just sense that he is the right man for the right time at the MFC.

I love Mark Neeld.

• Like 1

Mark Neeld to appoint whoever the ..... he likes. I want to see him given the reins to the whole footy dept. Blind faith...maybe, I just sense that he is the right man for the right time at the MFC.

You called it right.

I think Mark knows what he wants and needs around him.

On his side is $$$ - we comfortably budgeted for a Clarkson / Malthouse type and with a rookie coach on board can afford to spend on sports science and innovations alongside the usual assistant roles.

Agree - cool head, has matured since his Crows days...btw, nice avatar! Who is that giving themselves brain damage?

Cheers.That is the great Dimebag Darrell. Probably the best heavy metal guitarist ever. Any Pantera fans on here would back me up on that.

I think Gary Ayres would be amazing as a backline coach.

Has hard edge, good coach in his own right, and has won premierships playing in the backline.

These are the types we need.

Maybe a Carey as forward line coach - Will give a few good tips to Jurrah,Watts,Cook,Howe,Pettard etc..

Sanderson from Geelong as midfield coach, as a mix of Neelds Collinwood experience and Sandersons Geelong secrets will be a lethal combo.

and Finally Neil Craig director of Coaching

Todd viney Development coach

I'd like to see David King in there somewhere. Sharp as a tack that guy.

up to Neeld as to who he wants in, but having said that if I had to do it I agree with you on David King, very impressive his work on Fox Sports this year...

however, if I had to select the panel right now, and we could steal whoever we line, it would look something like the following:

Senior Coach: Mark Neeld

Senior Assistant / Opposition Analysis: Dean Laidley

Backs: David King

Mids: Brenton Sanderson

Forwards: Peter Sumich

Development: Todd Viney

I love Mark Neeld.

+1

It's already obvious from his interviews and his track record, that he is quite capable of being the one in charge.

He might take advice from people like Neil Craig - but why on earth does he need a "Senior Assistant" like Craig?

Mark Neeld has been learning the profession of coaching for 15 years - he's not, I repeat NOT a novice, like James Hird!

Give the guy credit and trust him !!

Edited by BangkokDemon

Not to mention the fact that we would never get him. The guy has a very comfortable media career which he wouldn't give up to coach Melbourne's forward

His TV side of things is going to dry up considerably with channel 10 loosing the footy. Coaching may interest him.

I love Mark Neeld.

I tend to agree- he should control his own destiny... and we surely need the best team we can provide.

Midfield Coach: Scott West - he has the credentials needs the game plan.

Back line Coach: Think we're stuck with Royal but our defence as a unit has gone backwards since he took over

The 2 most intersetcing appontments - given Neeld was the Pies defensive and mid field coach over the past few years.

He would have very clear ideas on what he wanyts here and maybe some left field appointments will result.