Assistant Coaches

MadAsHell

Senior Coach: Mark Neeld (confirmed, Ocen Grove 4 premierships, learnt craft under Blight & Malthouse)

Senior Assistant: Neil Craig - I think his sports science background will bring us forward leaps and bounds in footy development

Forward Line Coach: Leigh Brown - Maybe, Leigh Tudor, Paul Williams

Midfield Coach: Scott West - he has the credentials needs the game plan.

Back line Coach: Think we're stuck with Royal but our defence as a unit has gone backwards since he took over

Development Coach: Todd Viney

Innovations Coach: Dave Dunbar

General Manager, List Managment: Tim Harrington

General Manager, Football Operations: Rocket Eade

This would be the ideal I don't think we could afford it

Senior Coach: Mark Neeld

Senior Assistant: Brian Royal

Forward Line Coach: Todd Viney

Midfield Coach: Paul Williams

Back line Coach: Tom Harley

Development Coach: John Blakey

General Manager, Football Operations: Neil Craig

Mark Neeld will choose the assistants he wants and the players he wants, thank God! (He won't be influenced by demonland amateurs, including pseudo statisticians who can't equate numbers and real performance.) Time for a few posters to back off and let the new coach do his job! Actually, I think his career shows he will do his own thing anyway. If you think I am angry with a number of posts across a few threads, you are right! How about a bit of positive MFC passion and support!

What a crap thread. As Dandeeman said, "whoever Mark Neeld wants" this is his team now. What the supporters want is immaterial.

Mark Neeld will choose the assistants he wants and the players he wants, thank God! (He won't be influenced by demonland amateurs, including pseudo statisticians who can't equate numbers and real performance.) Time for a few posters to back off and let the new coach do his job! Actually, I think his career shows he will do his own thing anyway. If you think I am angry with a number of posts across a few threads, you are right! How about a bit of positive MFC passion and support!

Of course Mark Neeld will choose he he wants as assistant coaches and wont be influenced by what threads are on Demonland. The whole point of the thread is for a discussion to see what other people think are some good assistant coached or potential assistant coaches out there that they think would be a good fit. There's no difference between a thread like this and the one for who people wanted to be senior coach. It's not our choice it's clearly a discussion of people's opinions.

Clearly the only cr*p thing about this thread are the two of you.

Edit: Spelling.

Edited by Tall Defence

Forward Line Coach: Wayne Carey

Midfield Coach: Scott West

Back line Coach: Gary Ayres

Development Coach: Todd Viney

General Manager, Football Operations: Neil Craig

As my position has always been, I have no idea what a good coach looks like or who that might be. I'm not going to pretend that I do and name names.

I do hope Neeld is able to surround himself with some really talented help though. I want the whole team leading this club to be strong, not just the senior coach.

Forward Line Coach: Malcolm Blight

Midfield Coach: Leigh Matthews

Back line Coach: Mick Malthouse

Development Coach: Bomber Thompson

Innovations Coach: Paul Roos

General Manager, List Managment: Terry "the list manager" Wallace

General Manager, Football Operations: Neil Balme

Edited by old55

I don't think this is going to happen...

Terry Wallace is probably comfortable in the media at the minute.

Edit that post again to get rid of Terry Wallet. He would be THE WORST appointment.

Get Cameron from the Hawks, and then someone from Geelong. Caracella or Sanderson?

Then Sumich (Eagles of course) or Stone/Blakey from the Swans?

I don't really know personalities or who would make a great forwards caoch, etc.

But I do know who has the IP I want to steal...

lol.

CEO: Andrew Demetriou

Get Cameron from the Hawks, and then someone from Geelong. Caracella or Sanderson?

Then Sumich (Eagles of course) or Stone/Blakey from the Swans?

I don't really know personalities or who would make a great forwards caoch, etc.

But I do know who has the IP I want to steal...

If Sumich still has senior coaching ambitions, he does need to leave WC. As such, he may be a great pickup.

From the way Neeld acquitted himself in the press conference, I have no doubt we are going to have a far better coaching group that we have ever had, in order to support Neeld.

Nigel Lappin - Geelong

Neeld wants diverse background with success. Lions star, IP at Geelong.

He wants success and diversity.

Expect someone old and someone very new.

I'd bet he gave them a list before he took the job and we are a long way down the track.

Great to see he is going to stick fat with Todd Viney (from the Hun via MFC site):

"Todd did a great job in his role as interim coach. Yes, he will certainly be a big part of Melbourne moving forward," Neeld said on Channel 7. "I've spoken to him a couple of times and he's a very passionate Melbourne person. He's fantastic at his job and has a lot to offer."

Great to see he is going to stick fat with Todd Viney (from the Hun via MFC site):

"Todd did a great job in his role as interim coach. Yes, he will certainly be a big part of Melbourne moving forward," Neeld said on Channel 7. "I've spoken to him a couple of times and he's a very passionate Melbourne person. He's fantastic at his job and has a lot to offer."

And he has also got 4 years of a contract remaining...

Todd will be given a position somewhere.

Guest bonjohn

Here's what I'd like to see as our coaching panel for next year. Trying to keep to Neeld's comment of getting people from succesful backgrounds.

Senior Coach: Mark Neeld (confirmed, Ocen Grove 4 premierships, learnt craft under Blight & Malthouse)

Senior Assistant: Dean Laidely (96' premiership player. Took poor North lis to 07' prelim, learnt craft under Pagan/Malthouse)

Forward Line Coach: Matthew Lloyd (2000 premiership player, coached by Sheedy, will be available with chn 10 loosing TV rights)

Midfield Coach: Shannon Grant (99' premiership player, coached by Pagan & Laidley, learnt craft under Hird while VFL coach of Bendigo)

Back Line Coach: Peter German (04 & 06 premiership coach at Subiaco, current VFL coach of Williamstown. Coached by Pagan & worked as an assistant under the likes of Eade, Connolly & Judge)

Development Coach: Todd Viney (same as current)

Innovations Coach: Dave Dunbar (same as current)

General Manager, List Managment: Tim Harrington (same as)

General Manager, Football Operations: Neil Craig (Coached Adeliade FC to 05' minor premiership & 5 consecutive finals appearance)

Is there anyone else people would like to see come to the club? Other coaches I'd like to see include Gavin Brown & Adam Kingsley, however unless the position is a promotion as such I reckon it will be difficult to poach some coaches from rival clubs.

Here's what I'd like to see as our coaching panel for next year. Trying to keep to Neeld's comment of getting people from succesful backgrounds.

Senior Assistant: Dean Laidely (96' premiership player. Took poor North lis to 07' prelim, learnt craft under Pagan/Malthouse)

Forward Line Coach: Matthew Lloyd (2000 premiership player, coached by Sheedy, will be available with chn 10 loosing TV rights)

Midfield Coach: Shannon Grant (99' premiership player, coached by Pagan & Laidley, learnt craft under Hird while VFL coach of Bendigo)

Back Line Coach: Peter German (04 & 06 premiership coach at Subiaco, current VFL coach of Williamstown. Coached by Pagan & worked as an assistant under the likes of Eade, Connolly & Judge)

Development Coach: Todd Viney (same as current)

Innovations Coach: Dave Dunbar (same as current)

General Manager, List Managment: Tim Harrington (same as)

General Manager, Football Operations: Neil Craig (Coached Adeliade FC to 05' minor premiership & 5 consecutive finals appearance)

Is there anyone else people would like to see come to the club? Other coaches I'd like to see include Gavin Brown & Adam Kingsley, however unless the position is a promotion as such I reckon it will be difficult to poach some coaches from rival clubs.

fantastic in naming laidley,a man who was particularly under rated with what he did at Nth,good enough for some to believe he could work via Skype.Hard ,uncompromising coach,just as he was as a player.great call

Lloyd as a tactical forward coach? No way.

Apart from the fact he's rating low on the moron scale his only advice would be clear out, kick it to me and if I can't get it I'll fall over. Also we can't afford all the turf to be pulled out of the G and tossed pointlessly into the air.

ML : No No NO, You're doing it all wrong! Its buckle the knees, THEN throw the hands forward in the fake. Geez boys, how many times must I tell you!?!?

Couple of coaches I thought might be worth looking at might be:

Mick O'Loughlin (currently an AIS AFL Coach I think) would be a good move. 300 gamer, played under Roos & Eade in Sydney, along side Plugger, & Hall, and have heard a few people rating him very highly with the work he has been doing at the AIS.

Also thought maybe Justin Leppitch (currently defensive coach @ Richmond) might be worth taking a look at as well... I know Richmonds defence wasn't great this year, but I think a few of their key backs were out injured and the rest who played there are pretty young and learning.

But it is the group and achieving synergy that is more important than person X, Y or Z.

ML : No No NO, You're doing it all wrong! Its buckle the knees, THEN throw the hands forward in the fake. Geez boys, how many times must I tell you!?!?

ML: Ok Ok thats a bit better boys, but forget the Robbo bit, it doesn't work and you're liable to break your nose. Now once more, buckle the knees, throw the hands forwards but this time thrust your pelvis forward violently as if someone has pushed you fair in the back. Remember I WAS the BEST.

ML: Ok Ok thats a bit better boys, but forget the Robbo bit, it doesn't work and you're liable to break your nose. Now once more, buckle the knees, throw the hands forwards but this time thrust your pelvis forward violently as if someone has pushed you fair in the back. Remember I WAS the BEST.

No no ....boys... NO! Say no to a few frothies boys, and say hello to Bicardi breezers boys. You'll never look back..

lol.

CEO: Andrew Demetriou

PSST: Vlad's manager says he can come to MFC if we get Tom Scully as Captain. Will get R Lyon to negotiate move from AFL!