• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Mark Neeld

Real Demon

Neeld and Craig - now I'm confident - getting better by the hour ! Neeld to leave the pies immediately ? Sheahan seems to think so . That's gotta make it harder for the Pies to go back to back - Beauty !

BB i think the point by some posters me included are making is that when this process started the Dees came out and said we want a senior experienced coach.

When you hear that and then get an appointment of another untired coach this is where the frustration comes from for me anyway.

Also, i was lead to believe the sub-committee was set up initially as a "poach an experienced available coach" arrangement. Or was it?

Not saying aim/structure/purpose of committee isn't flexible according to the changing circumstances and couldn't have changed over the weeks.

But we apparently had a few weeks more time up our sleeves than FREEO (less $ options probably i realise).....yet didn't even manage to get an "informal" talk in with RL!!? Are we saying the only question we asked re RL breaking his contract or being able to, was the one Gazza asked on FC via Grant Thomas's interview with Nettlefold re the 'out clause' in RL's contract? And that was because.....umm...Gazza had the same management team...or we just didn't press further....or what exactly? :blink:

If you rank Clarkson and put the approach to him by all accounts....surely you'd also want to have a chat with RL!!?

Gazza's doing and may have done 'his best' under his circumstances but was it good enough for our circumstances i wonder?

Still not convinced it was (is) what's needed at this time given our youth and the disaster that was 2011. Neeld maybe the best of the untried but who really can say until they've had 3 - 4 years at the helm with such a young crew. Easier when there's a few more pre-seasons into the boys like at North (Brad) and a dual premiership team in the Cats (Chris).

For me this still smacks of an 'Old Boys Club' that's up against a bunch of modern day corporate animals, willing to push the envelope both legally and morally, whilst we sit around and ponder the field over a cigar or two using very 'traditional' methods and approaches.

I realise Gazza wouldn't be putting up with the above as such but i'm not sure he would have had the time/capability to fully counter it and cut through it either, given all his other commitments (media etc).

If it is Neeld i just hope he's surrounded by serious Senior support.

Although i appreciate his background and all he might be bringing from the Filth, I'm fairly sceptical, and will be looking to see significant results on a consistent basis from 2013.

Edited by Rusty Nails

So Mark Neeld is the go eh?

Let's start kicking the ball around the boundary line. Sounds great. But it took the filth years to perfect the play under M&M.

5 years later than it took the Wangaratta Magpies to succeed with this play in the Ovens and Murray, the bush. Then only because the opposition couldn't believe players would run so far to get a kick or pressure the opposition. This is a lame gameplan. Take out the dynamic boundary running, marking forwards, and you have no game. Ask Carey! Then ask Geelong!

Give me a break, around the boundary, and a half baked forward press is not what MFC needs, yesterdays game.

Get Choco or stay with Viney. Don't get sucked in to the M&M plan. (candy on the outside). He has been uplifted by a maxed out money club and Neeld is a small portion but edible portion of that club.

Mate at least it's not 47 years to win a premiership.

I would be patient for 5 years just to make sure we win a premiership.

Also, i was lead to believe the sub-committee was set up initially as a "poach an experienced available coach" arrangement. Or was it?

Not saying aim/structure/purpose of committee isn't flexible according to the changing circumstances and couldn't have changed over the weeks.

But we apparently had a few weeks more time up our sleeves than FREEO (less $ options probably i realise).....yet didn't even manage to get an "informal" talk in with RL!!? Are we saying the only question we asked re RL breaking his contract or being able to, was the one Gazza asked on FC via Grant Thomas's interview with Nettlefold re the 'out clause' in RL's contract? And that was because.....umm...Gazza had the same management team...or we just didn't press further....or what exactly? :blink:

If you rank Clarkson and put the approach to him by all accounts....surely you'd also want to have a chat with RL!!?

Gazza's doing and may have done 'his best' under his circumstances but was it good enough for our circumstances i wonder?

Still not convinced it was (is) what's needed at this time given our youth and the disaster that was 2011. Neeld maybe the best of the untried but who really can say until they've had 3 - 4 years at the helm with such a young crew. Easier when there's a few more pre-seasons into the boys like at North (Brad) and a dual premiership team in the Cats (Chris).

For me this still smacks of an 'Old Boys Club' that's up against a bunch of modern day corporate animals, willing to push the envelope both legally and morally, whilst we sit around and ponder the field over a cigar or two using very 'traditional' methods and approaches.

I realise Gazza wouldn't be putting up with the above as such but i'm not sure he would have had the time/capability to fully counter it and cut through it either, given all his other commitments (media etc).

If it is Neeld i just hope he's surrounded by serious Senior support.

Although i appreciate his background and all he might be bringing from the Filth, I'm fairly sceptical, and will be looking to see significant results on a consistent basis from 2013.

[censored] Rusty, you'd be the type of bloke on Grand Final day upset that we've just won a flag, because you don't want to stop at one!!!

Craig is as close to a BIG FISH as you will get without actually getting one, the fact that he may be in a senior assistant role ect really speaks volumes for Neeld to start with

Neeld is meant to have one of the best football brains in the business. full stop.

Jordie hope you are right and while I am not overly excited by this coaching duo I am happy to put my faith in GL and the Dees selection group.

One down 2 to go. The announcement of our second joint major sponsor, and the drafting of Jaeger O'Meara. Go Dees! To all you pessimists, go back into your holes!

Yeah - back to your hole pessimists. Demonland is no place to share your thoughts about MFC, particularly trivial topics like who you would like for senior coach. Only posts that support the popular consensus please.

[censored] Rusty, you'd be the type of bloke on Grand Final day upset that we've just won a flag, because you don't want to stop at one!!!

Lol...doesn't even make sense given that's what we follow/play the game for. Might wanna sniff some smelling salts and rethink that line.

Just seen one too many untried experiments at the MFC over 4 decades now.....

If you think i don't crave success or a premiership as much as the next member then you're sadly mistaken. I hope whatever we do it works out a total success. I'm just more sceptical than some on here i guess and not as 'in awe' of the decision overall. A little like i was when Bailey was appointed but not as severe given we've had 4 years of some sort of development since then.

Its already 6 pages long and and Mark hasnt officialy been named. Just a question thats all. Hopefully we find out early tmorrow what time the presser is.

Gazza said tomorrow afternoon. I would expect about middayish to allow some time before the game.

Lol...doesn't even make sense given that's what we follow/play the game for. Might wanna sniff some smelling salts and rethink that line.

Just seen one too many untried experiments at the MFC over 4 decades now.....

If you think i don't crave success or a premiership as much as the next member then you're sadly mistaken. I hope whatever we do it works out a total success. I'm just more sceptical than some on here i guess and not as 'in awe' of the decision overall. A little like i was when Bailey was appointed but not as severe given we've had 4 years of some sort of development since then.

Fair enough to be skeptical and usually I am as well but adding Craig to the equation does reinforce to me that the Club wants the Team to be way more defence orientated - we may end up winning ugly a lot more but that beats the hell out of losing ugly - cheers !

Deelighted with our choices if that's the way they pan out. Onward and upward in 2012. Go Dees!

Robbie whilst it was admittedly an uncouth comment it was essentially a very generic figure of speech.

I am very happy with our appointments and perhaps my sense of occasion (and a few jolly ales) got the better of me.

I unreservedly apologise if I have caused you any personal offense mate.

Now Robbie - I don't know 1858 from a bar of soap however

I think you have misunderstood his original Post

To me it read very tongue-in-cheek & was not intended within the actual wording it was delivered.

This is a day to celebrate lads - Raise your glasses, shake hands & lets move on.

Edited by Old Man Rivers

One down 2 to go. The announcement of our second joint major sponsor, and the drafting of Jaeger O'Meara. Go Dees! To all you pessimists, go back into your holes!

Getting ahead of yourself DD.

Next job to tick off is Club Captain so we can move forward with maximum focus.

I'm happy with the Neeld appointment. have a friend who is from Ocean Grove, and has spoken of him highly for a long time.

I'm somewhat lukewarm on Craig, very happy we have someone of his ilk, but personally would've preferred Dean Laidley... But not complaining, the two would make a great combo you'd think... Bring on 2012...