• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Mark Neeld

Real Demon

Will bring some really good structure to our side.

This is my hope.

In this lengthy interview he is asked about coaching jobs at Adelaide and Melbourne. Interesting response.

he won't do anything for the membership and I reckon we're going down the same track as Bailey, not happy about it. I mean Mark Neeld? who the bloody hell is he, he played about 60 games of Footy and is totally untried, I really thought they would get someone with experience but no they go down the same old track, get ready for thrashings next year and us being hounded by the dweebs from other clubs and the media, very frickin' sick of it, seriously thinking about my membership.

Mate, if you think you know better than the people that are ACTUALLY in the know then fine. But don't bring your 'Not buying a membership/Going to throw out my membership/Don't know why I bought a membership' crap here.

You know that he won't do anything for the membership, do you? You would have a degree in marketing then, wouldn't you? And of course, one's ability as a coach is directly proportional to the amount of games played as a player, isn't it?

Or you'd rather we hire Rodney Eade simply for the fact that he is experienced and not 'untried', yet who has had absolutely no success in fifteen years?

I don't understand the "untried" argument. Can't see how this is any more risky than, say, Laidley or Eade who have coached at the top level without achieving the ultimate success.

SHHHHH !!! Silly you.. ( and me )

Some here want 'experienced" "tried" ..totally irrlevant if theyre 'successful " !!!

Some would rather retain Bailey....he's tried...he's experiened after all.

Further word has it Craig is in line as Director of Footy.. well, theres a bit of experince

Im glad Gazza et al are doing the job and not some of the 'learned' ones on here :unsure:

So Mark Neeld is the go eh?

Let's start kicking the ball around the boundary line. Sounds great. But it took the filth years to perfect the play under M&M.

5 years later than it took the Wangaratta Magpies to succeed with this play in the Ovens and Murray, the bush. Then only because the opposition couldn't believe players would run so far to get a kick or pressure the opposition. This is a lame gameplan. Take out the dynamic boundary running, marking forwards, and you have no game. Ask Carey! Then ask Geelong!

Give me a break, around the boundary, and a half baked forward press is not what MFC needs, yesterdays game.

Get Choco or stay with Viney. Don't get sucked in to the M&M plan. (candy on the outside). He has been uplifted by a maxed out money club and Neeld is a small portion but edible portion of that club.

Some would rather retain Bailey....he's tried...he's experiened after all.

That's how it seems, doesn't it? If getting the "experienced" bloke is such a straightforward answer then clubs would never appoint "new" coaches and the old farts would be kicking around forever. I doubt Hawthorn are too disappointed they took an "untried" coach name Al Clarkson in the mid 00s when he took them to a flag, especially when an experienced coach in Terry Wallace was in the mix at the time.

The premierships aren't going to keep coming from the same 3 or 4 coaches, so eventually a club's untried coach is going to become a premiership holding great coach. I'm happy for the MFC to try and find that coach.

To change the culture of this club it needs to also come from the supporters. Support the club for god sakes. If he was on the top of the list of all 3 clubs haven't we trump them all because he has chosen us...?

This is my hope.

In this lengthy interview he is asked about coaching jobs at Adelaide and Melbourne. Interesting response.

Thanks for posting that.

Speaks well & has an air of confidence about him.

First impressions mean alot to me & I like what I just watched.

Definately moving away from my initial underwhelmed feeling's.

Let's start kicking the ball around the boundary line. Sounds great. But it took the filth years to perfect the play under M&M.

5 years later than it took the Wangaratta Magpies to succeed with this play in the Ovens and Murray, the bush. Then only because the opposition couldn't believe players would run so far to get a kick or pressure the opposition. This is a lame gameplan. Take out the dynamic boundary running, marking forwards, and you have no game. Ask Carey! Then ask Geelong!

Give me a break, around the boundary, and a half baked forward press is not what MFC needs, yesterdays game.

Where's the link to the press conference where he said this will be the game plan?

So Mark Neeld is the go eh?

Get Choco or stay with Viney. Don't get sucked in to the M&M plan. (candy on the outside). He has been uplifted by a maxed out money club and Neeld is a small portion but edible portion of that club.

I guess one Premiership banked & another likely in a fortnight suggest's to me YOU are full of Sh_t

Did you see when he took that DVD to that press conference to highlight how "hard" the Crows were? It was one of the best laughs I've had all year. Completely bizarre to even do it, and every 'contest' in the package was just a run of the mill average contest, nothing at all hard about them. I think he has always been a little mental, if it's true that he's coming to us, at least I might get a laugh if we have yet another [censored] poor season.

From memory there was nothing wrong with the DVD.

To be a good coach you need a bit of mental about you- not full mental, like farting in the bath tub and dribbling and stuff- but a bit of psycho about you.

Love the new avatar DA, bloody epic!!!

To change the culture of this club it needs to also come from the supporters. Support the club for god sakes. If he was on the top of the list of all 3 clubs haven't we trump them all because he has chosen us...?

Good call!

I'll back the club in on this one. I’d rather appoint a new coach than an Eade, Craig or Harvey. What will be interesting is the length of the contract (3 years is usually the standard for a rookie coach?) and which assistant coaches will accompany him in the coaches box in 2012.

Difference here vs Bailey appointment is that in this instance Neeld has at least two other clubs very keen on his services whereas we were the only ones who looked at Bailey.

I remember thinking it was weird at the time.

If it's Neeld, I am happy.

Edited by Born to Run

We're about to appoint a top assistant at the top football club in the country as our new coach and everyone is having a sook.

Typical woe is us MFC supporters. Get behind him. He will bring top knowledge, techniques and tactics from Collingwood - not Poort.

Just been watching his AFL Insider interviews. Very, very impressive. Seriously knows his stuff.

I'm not 100% on him, but I'll get behind him.

And for those who are trashing, what have we got to lose? We've lost a #1 draft pick and copped the second-biggest defeat in AFL history this season. Can't get much lower.

We're about to appoint a top assistant at the top football club in the country as our new coach and everyone is having a sook.

Typical woe is us MFC supporters. Get behind him. He will bring top knowledge, techniques and tactics from Collingwood - not Poort.

No, only a few are having a sook, but I wouldn't worry about it. Theres a minority on this site that will take any opportunity to stick the boots in.

I'll admit, not my first choice as I don't know anything about him, but like many untired coach before him (and evryone was untired at one stage) I'll give him a go to prove himself rather than condemn him before he's had a chance to show what he can do.

Now I look forward to the footy again next year. It's just a relief knowing that the coaching predicament is sorted!

Does anyone else think that Mick isn't totally out of the picture, just yet?

Sook. This is the attitude that we don't need. I hate people that say they won't buy a membership.. It's pathetic.. See ya

well trhat makes me feel sad, CK hates me, grow up

Where's the link to the press conference where he said this will be the game plan?

He's a Collinwood assitant coach!?

I guess one Premiership banked & another likely in a fortnight suggest's to me YOU are full of Sh_t

Who wins the premierships cocko, the man in the box?

Deano74 Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:07 PM

To me Neeld would be our No 1 Target.

He has been given massive endorsement from Premiership coach in Malthouse and Premiership players.

To me that speaks volumes.

This man is ready to coach now. Geez he is experienced and coaching the best midfield in the land.

Bring him on.

Plus comes with no baggage.

First time coaches are fine, Look at Scott & Hirdy

BB i think the point by some posters me included are making is that when this process started the Dees came out and said we want a senior experienced coach.

When you hear that and then get an appointment of another untired coach this is where the frustration comes from for me anyway.

There will be a few 'experienced' coaches sitting on the bench next year who would've loved to coach the Dees. We overlooked them.

You can read into that that we had higher expectations.

Neeld, if he's our man, will be good. Very good. I would like to see Neil Craig at the club in some capacity too. Or, of course, Mick Malthouse.

Can you confirm he said it was Neeld Kento??? kinda leaving me hanging?

When I first started listening, first thing I heard was Gazza say "there will be an announcement tomorrow afternoon". I went "woo hoo" and made my post. He then said he wouldn't confirm nor deny, but there would be an announcement tomorrow, hence my edit. That said, having actually heard it, I would put my house on it as you could hear it in his voice. I also would not be surprised if there was a twist along the lines of a Director of Coaching etc, as it sounded like Gazza had something up his sleeve.

An experience with Mark Neeld"I went to an Ocean Grove final a few years ago. Mark Neeld was the coach and I was interested to see him being a former cat player and also because I got my picture taken with him and Mark Schultz when I was a young kid. Ocean Grove had their backs to the wall, during the whole match up until three quarter time and were not given much of a chance to win by those at the ground, the Ocean Grove captain was knocked out severely and was taken to hospital, and they were getting done at 3 quarter time, ENTER Mark Neeld...I was told by my Ocean Grove mate to watch and to expect something special from him. I have heard a lot of coaches at the local levels through the years, but my friend was right, Neeld was something different, you couldn’t help but be mesmerized by the man. He entered the huddle; the grubbers had their heads down... There was a massive crowd around the huddle at this time. Neeld got all players to make a circle and link arms around each other, as a team. Neeld placed the jumper of the captain in the centre of the huddle. He circled the players looking each one of them in the eye, willing them to go on and force the most out of themselves and each other for their captain who was not there to lead them on. He spoke gently and softly, but you could see the message sinking in, and you could hear a pin drop as he circled. Towards the end he stood in the middle. They surrounded him. (it certainly made me jealous not to be there playing in that side, I cant play for footy for quids, but after hearing his address, I reckon I could have done it, he had that sort of effect.) Arms wrapped around Neeld, he continued to challenge them to find inner strength and to win for their fallen captain. It was the best coach’s address I have seen to this day. I left the huddle and my mate turned to me and said, “Watch this, they will win.”... They did. As soon as the siren sounded, Mark jumped the fence and ran to his team, tears were streaming down his face as he grabbed his players and hugged all of them. They had found that inner strength… It was a magic day. When I read today that Mark Neeld is being considered for the role of development coach, I think back to that day and I am left in no doubt that Mark Neeld would be brilliant for the role. I have seen his other addresses, and for those that have not seen him in action, its quite an interesting experience, he stares the players in the eye and he speaks very softly, you can't really hear what he says, then he suddenly rips into yelling, then very quickly, back to speaking softly and quietly, it really is captivating to see him in action. I hope this gives people who haven’t seen him, a small insight to the power he has as a coach... A bloody good one in my opinion. And one that would be a very valuable asset to the Geelong NOW MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB B)

Thanks for posting that WYL, very interesting to read. Look forward to his first serious huddle now :)

I just watched the interviews on Insider, pretty switched on fella, I must say.

What a joke.

We end up with another novice.

Might as well have kept Bailey.

On ya bike then. Bailey was experienced at Port, big difference between them and the Pies I'd suggest.

Haven't renwed my interstate membership yet, but figured i will pay when i hear the announcement of new coach tomorrow weather it b Neeld ( nice choice) or whoever as a show of support for MFC decision, cause i'm a DEE tragic.