• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Matthew Warnock wants out

dees189227

If thats the case our trades look like pick 12 + warnock for Gunston and we can get a 17 yo with the 2 priority picks.

BTW if we get a 17 yo from GWS its a pick next year not the player so how does that affect the father son rule, surely we couldn't be forced to use that pick for Viney.

Has no impact on father son rule. We would be trading picks we have either for 2011 draft or $cully Comp picks.

• Like 1

We won't get much for him. Happy to see him go though. I really like him as an honest battler, and he can do really good work for a club that's bleeding goals... But his ceiling is pretty much what we see now.

Makes the most sense to me,

port have probably the worst list in the league.

Warnock would get a game most weeks in their side.

God knows what the dees get but it maybe part of a 3 way deal.

Would any other side be interested?

Perhaps GWS as part of a deal for there 17 year olds.

Carlisle and Chaplain say hi.

Carlisle and Chaplain say hi.

The Albino Warrior and Oucher say hi :P

I would have thought Adelaide would be quite interested considering the loss of Bock and now Davis. Wouldn't mind Warnock plus a pick for Sloane

Judd's Grandmother told me that Warnock is excited at the prospect of being reunited with Bailey.

• Like 4

Allow me to be a bit Sherlock Holmesy:

In this video posted on the MFC site:

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/124846/default.aspx

We see Harrington, Neeld, Mahoney, etc. walking around with folders accompanied by a guy wearing an Adelaide polo shirt which strikes me as quite interesting.

Upon further investigation I deduced that it is this man:

http://www.fiveaa.com.au/lib/images/audio/normal/crows-recruiting-guru-matt-rendell-on-the-2011-draft-pool-677606.jpg

He is Matt Rendell, Adelaide's National Recruiting Manager. I think it it most likely that he was there to discuss Matthew Warnock's trade, as we know that an interstate club is in talks with us and combining the above observation with the fact that Adelaide have lost Bock and Davis to the new clubs, this makes Adelaide the most likely destination.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be suprised to see him head to the Swans either.

They lost Bolton & Kenneally from their defence, perhaps Warnock could help Ted Richards could bolster their defence. As to who/what you might get from them....they just picked up Tom Mitchell, so I don't know whether players like Jarred Moore might be offered up, or perhaps an upgrade of a pick (although the swans first pick now will be in the late 30s.)

Warnock could be of value to both Adelaide clubs, both Sydney clubs, not to mention the Hawkers as well. And with B Lake making solid noises to stay at the Kennel, even better.

http://www.melbourne...46/default.aspx

We see Harrington, Neeld, Mahoney, etc. walking around with folders accompanied by a guy wearing an Adelaide polo shirt which strikes me as quite interesting.

http://www.fiveaa.co...pool-677606.jpg

He is Matt Rendell, Adelaide's National Recruiting Manager. I think it it most likely that he was there to discuss Matthew Warnock's trade, as we know that an interstate club is in talks with us and combining the above observation with the fact that Adelaide have lost Bock and Davis to the new clubs, this makes Adelaide the most likely destination.

So are you suggesting we can expect a straight swap for Dangerfield also?

So are you suggesting we can expect a straight swap for Dangerfield also?

Warnock + pick 12 would go close to Dangerfield and would probably be enough to get Sloane but I would think it more likely we just get a second round pick in return for Warnock.

Interesting is there a 3 way deal here involving Gunston to the Dawks?

At the moment they will be struggling to get a deal over the line unless he is prepared to roll the dice in the draft.

Or are we doing the dirty on the Dawks.

http://www.melbourne...46/default.aspx

http://www.fiveaa.co...pool-677606.jpg

Keep in mind the present whereabouts of a certain D B !! B) thered be a certain irony in all that.

Warnock + pick 12 would go close to Dangerfield and would probably be enough to get Sloane but I would think it more likely we just get a second round pick in return for Warnock.

That would not get near either...

I hope the incredulous tone I wrote that in transfers over the internets.

Makes the most sense to me,

port have probably the worst list in the league.

Warnock would get a game most weeks in their side.

God knows what the dees get but it maybe part of a 3 way deal.

Would any other side be interested?

Perhaps GWS as part of a deal for there 17 year olds.

Disagree. Reasons have been highlighted above.

Also disagree with your opinion on their list. They have some real young quality at both ends and if they add another jet midfielder to assist Boak, plus another 2-3 decent mids then they'll play finals in 2 years.

Said now to be going to the Suns.

Josh Toy is supposed to be keen to return home to Victoria. I wonder if a trade could be done?

Despite what many might feel, Matty would offer a mature body with resilience for an undermanned Suns backline. Hes not brilliant but is more than handy. GC will be wanting to stop some of the haemoraging that occurs and Warnock might offer something in this regard.

Its an interesting suggestion. Im not sure Toy is quite living up to expectations but hey..who ever does. All part of the circus.

Despite what many might feel, Matty would offer a mature body with resilience for an undermanned Suns backline. Hes not brilliant but is more than handy. GC will be wanting to stop some of the haemoraging that occurs and Warnock might offer something in this regard.

Good summary. The fact that he can't get a game at Melbourne is irrelevant to clubs in need of big, tall defenders.

Good summary. The fact that he can't get a game at Melbourne is irrelevant to clubs in need of big, tall defenders.

People tend to overlook the fact that our backline is one of our stronger areas... An AA in Frawley, Rivers (2nd in the Bluey), Garland (top 10 in the Bluey), Grimes when he is fit, Blease who has pace to burn and will continue to provide run and carry out of the backline for a long time. It's hardly surprising that Warnock couldn't crack it for a spot, which in turn must have dented his confidence (something that was pretty obvious when he did get a game).

At a new club like the Suns, where he has a good chance of being a regular at the top level, Warnock's confidence will grow and he will soon be back to the form that had us all gushing about his prospects not so long ago. I hope he does well wherever he ends up.

Edited by hardtack

People tend to overlook the fact that our backline is one of our stronger areas... An AA in Frawley, Rivers (2nd in the Bluey), Garland (top 10 in the Bluey), Grimes when he is fit, Blease who has pace to burn and will continue to provide run and carry out of the backline for a long time. It's hardly surprising that Warnock couldn't crack it for a spot, which in turn must have dented his confidence (something that was pretty obvious when he did get a game).

At a new club like the Suns, where he has a good chance of being a regular at the top level, Warnock's confidence will grow and he will soon be back to the form that had us all gushing about his prospects not so long ago. I hope he does well wherever he ends up.

I just hope he doesn't go to carlton.

I'd like to see him go to a club where he could get at least 3 Years of AFL footy to finish on.

Edited by dee-luded

Exactly. You don't need to be a dud to be missing out on a regular game in the Melbourne backline.

I wish him well, too, because he played very honest footy during a very difficult period for a key defender.

I think Rivers is the most overrated player that I have seen in three decades of watching football. How he has played more games than Warnock is beyond me. He plays the easiest position on the ground yet he rarely stars.

He rarely is responsible for a direct opponent and he provides almost no attacking value. I can't think of any other player in the league that has it so easy. I think Rivers would struggle to get a game at any other club.

He won the raising star as an older mature player in a weak year, and has been getting selected off it ever since.

Most weeks he plays loose because he cannot defend one on one. He is not capable of playing on a tall, a strong or a fast player. It was plain to see during the few times when he is given a direct opponent this year opposition teams isolate him because they know even in a poor side he is the weak link.

He has poor disposal, I believe that it is on par with Warnocks. He offers very little run out of the backline. He is not a marking target for kickouts. Opposition teams do not man up on him like other loose backman because he is no attacking threat.

The one thing that Rivers excels at is courage, he is not afraid to run back into a pack.He plays a loose man to help spoil and be the third man up. I believe almost any other player on the list could do this role, however they may also be able to defend or attack. Without being able to offer anything else, he is a liability in the team. I believe that Warnock could play the role Rivers does, but Rivers cannot play the role Warnock does.

The club doesn't agree with you if you go by the Bluey results and I suggest the footy world doesn't either. Josh Gobson made the AA team doing a similar role to Jared. Nick Maxwell does the same.

Edited by jnrmac