Tom Scully in September ...

Grandson of a gun

Nup. It's for the money and the money only.

and Ive got absolutely no real problem with that as far as it goes. His life..his job.. his income. No problem.

Its all the rest Ive issue with.:huh:

But..... its nearly there....we can soon get on with a more unified approach to supporting Melbourne :)

add.

I wont be grieving personally.. I actually see it as a fresh chance to get value out of the pick.. Thats Pick 1 two goes ago. I think in essence we were totally dudded but we might come out of this ok in the end.

Edited by belzebub59

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, it never ceases to amaze me the amount of ignorance there is when it comes to perceptions of Sydney's western suburbs; for example, this whole Blacktown/Falafel connection (saw it used in here a few pages back)... apart from the racist overtones, I think when Eddie said it, he was probably confusing Blacktown with Bankstown (where there is a large mid-eastern population), yet people still persist with it here. Go figure.

hardtack, people are persisting with the Eddie/Blacktown/Falafel connection not because its true but its fun to take the pizz out of the TS thread saga which would have to be one of Demonland's worst most boring threads ever

If you didn't catch-on then you need to ramp up your sarcasm detector

Think about the players that have gone to GWS so far, two come from clubs that have lost or sacked their coaches and one from a club that seems to no longer need him and then you have Scully. Any decent player from any decent club has told them to [censored] off.

And amongst all of this Trengove signed on for another 4 years...

And amongst all of this Trengove signed on for another 4 years...

Yeah but Trengove comes from South Australia - he would have signed on with the Baghdad Beavers for another four years.

Edited by Goodvibes

hardtack, people are persisting with the Eddie/Blacktown/Falafel connection not because its true but its fun to take the pizz out of the TS thread saga which would have to be one of Demonland's worst most boring threads ever

If you didn't catch-on then you need to ramp up your sarcasm detector

You're right DC... I made that comment with a vague recollection of the falafel reference but forgot the context. My mistake and apologies.

Edited by hardtack

Even if that sweeping generalisation was true, it doesn't mean that EVERY SINGLE THING the club does is crap - which is the picture that the woebegones paint.

"on the most part"

He should have done it already. He's seriously taking the [censored] if he thinks that anyone actually believes that he's still making up his mind. Personally I think it's been a done deal since last October. The guy's used us for match practice for the season, he knows, the AFL knows, the club knows it. Worst of all the crazy old man and grubby allan know it. The fact that he's still riding us this hard a week after the season finished really sh*ts me.

Nathan Jones just said on 3aw that he saw Tom at the club today and Gerard said Tom has changed his travel plans to attend our B & F.

Clutching @ straws aren't we :unsure:

If he was "gawn" why turn up at the B & F. Be rubbing salt into a very nasty wound. Surely every man and his dog will be asking the question that he doesn't want to answer, yet.

If he was "gawn" why turn up at the B & F. Be rubbing salt into a very nasty wound. Surely every man and his dog will be asking the question that he doesn't want to answer, yet.

Rischitelli (sp?) turned up to B&F last year......AND won the bloody thing!

I'm glad to see you think things are going smoothly, you're the supporter we require at melbourne the most; compliant.

I am gutted as everyone else here that we haven't jumped forward as quick as some expected, but lets not kid ourselves that we are as bad off as we were in 2007. All your doing is increasing the clouds of doom hanging over the club. Dannihers lack of turning over the list and Craig Camerons recruiting options, left our list in dire need of a rebuild which started under Dean and the young guys got exposed with greater responsibility this season. The benefits of which will be evident in the seasons to come.

Our young guys are just like the Eagles kids in fact I think they are better, they mirrored us from 08-10 and have jumped up this year. We don't have Cox, Kennedy, Kerr & Glass. If we had those older bigger bodies things would be different but we have the list we have and will move forward with our without Scully as the case appears to be.

Have no idea if its true and no source to back things up but just saw this on BF opsted by a western syd supporter.

"Yep congratulations are in order to you guy's I have just heard on very good authority, from someone from gws he has turned down the gws offer. I don't know when this will be confirmed but gws were hoping to have a presser on tuesday but were informed at 4.30 this afternoon that he will not be taking up the offer. I can see the egg on faces now, anyway congratulations if that's the young man's wishes I respect him"

Might be rubbish...might not be.

fingers crossed

Congrats Peeps...weve already blitzed August's effort ..all in only 8 days. Good work all :)

now back to the waffle

There was another post on that BF forum as well, that went as follows (again, bucket of salt material):

"Just wanted to chime in,

Heard on Monday that Tom will be re-signing with Melbourne. (Will be a 1-2 Year Contract)

Again, it could be totally wrong and I hope for you guys that it isn't, but this year I have had a 100% strike rate with re-signings and the same source has told me this rumour aswell.

Fingers crossed for you guys, and hope the drum beats louder for Tom staying."