• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Tom Scully in September ...

Grandson of a gun

Or is it just he pulled up sore after training and is unable to play.

Often the truth is less newsworthy (and forum worthy) than a conspiracy.

My 2 cents is after weeks of struggling with the injury its caught up with him and Viney would actually like o have a fit team and try and win this game.

If he is going, Viney should've played him. With Brogan retiring, and a few other Port blokes under pressure, I'm sure we could've set up a lovely little hospital handpass to you Tom!

Today is the first day through this saga where I am starting to question him, but Robbie57, your post has brought me back to hoping he will stay!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he is going, Viney should've played him. With Brogan retiring, and a few other Port blokes under pressure, I'm sure we could've set up a lovely little hospital handpass to you Tom!

Today is the first day through this saga where I am starting to question him, but Robbie57, your post has brought me back to hoping he will stay!

He is actually sore.

I will repeat this every tenth post. It will be ignored by those that see what they want to see.

He may stay or he may go. Doesn't change the fact he was going to play, but is too sore.

FWIW, I think he'll stay.

The guy has been playing hurt all season, it is hardly a shock that he is pulling out of a game with soreness!

Yet you are all ready to hang him? With supporters like these its hard to see him wanting to stay.

I still believe he will stay and always have. But until he says he is leaving I will support him 100%

Give us a spell Don!

Has he ever been booed on the field by our supporters????

A few comments of opinion on a message board would have no bearing on him leaving or not!

I find it a shock any player in our team pulled up with soreness after last weeks walk in the park against against Gold Coast, especially when the super athlete and running machine in Scully has a miserley 19 touches!

P.S. I actually hope he stays, but believe he is gone.

Edited by Real Demon

I would think that a proposition from the likes of Lyon and Viney would've been something like this:

"We need a decision before you take to the field in the last game of the year. If it's a no, then you don't get a run".

The interesting bit will be to see if Scully actually attends the game. Being in Adelaide, and the last game, if he was staying you'd think he'd travel over - especially if it is only injury ruling him out. If he's no-show at the ground and if there's no announcement made before Sunday, I would sway heavily towards betting on his departure from MFC.

Like others, if he does in fact leave, I think we'll be just fine and there's some great opportunities out there to be had - just hope they're not on his NPV.

He is actually sore.

I will repeat this every tenth post. It will be ignored by those that see what they want to see.

He may stay or he may go. Doesn't change the fact he was going to play, but is too sore.

FWIW, I think he'll stay.

Unfortunately Choko, you cannot stop conclusion leaping.....

It is an affliction in here (not unsurprisingly) but hopefully you're right.

Edited by QueenC
Spelling

Meh.

If he goes he goes. I believe we will be OK regardless.

Bring on 2012 and those compo picks.

Life does not start and stop with some 19 year old kid.

This does sum up the situation perfectly......

Good Riddance Tommy Boy $$$

No great loss,he'll never be a Judd,Ablett or Pendlebury.

He'll be more like a Dal Santo,he's far too outside who handballs too much to teammates under pressure,not a great kick and no good overhead.

I would've been absolutely shattered had it been Trengove.

The interesting bit will be to see if Scully actually attends the game. Being in Adelaide, and the last game, if he was staying you'd think he'd travel over - especially if it is only injury ruling him out. If he's no-show at the ground and if there's no announcement made before Sunday, I would sway heavily towards betting on his departure from MFC.

If he's been ruled out through injury, why should he travel when they've got someone to replace him ? It's not necessary for him to travel if he has been ruled out of selection to play.

Good Riddance Tommy Boy $$$

He'll be more like a Dal Santo,he's far too outside who handballs too much to teammates under pressure,not a great kick and no good overhead.

yeh.. Dal Santo.. pfft.. what a hack.. we dont want him around our team :lol:

Mitch Clark of the Lions who was strongly linked with GWS up to a month ago is reported in today's Australian as being on his way to the Dockers.

Another GWS recruiting fail.

And a little funny for the day.....

AFL set to introduce conscription to aid GWS recruitment

Good Riddance Tommy Boy $

Again when you think about it (hard for some I know), Trengove signing on was another significant indicator that Scully was gone a while ago. GW$ could only take one of our uncontracted young guns. Once Trenner's management got wind of the fact that it wasn't going to be their boy at the end of next year, he signed on the dotted line with the Dees.

Again, unprovable but common sense would lead one to that conclusion.

But I don't agree with you that he won't end up being a good player (if his knee holds up). He'll still be quality Tom but there look to be at least a few ahead of him from that draft (Martin, Fyfe, Trengove). Hopefully we can use the compo pick/s to get a decent player or two in to fill some other needs.

Edited by Range Rover

Give us a spell Don!

Has he ever been booed on the field by our supporters????

A few comments of opinion on a message board would have no bearing on him leaving or not!

I find it a shock any player in our team pulled up with soreness after last weeks walk in the park against against Gold Coast, especially when the super athlete and running machine in Scully has a miserley 19 touches!

P.S. I actually hope he stays, but believe he is gone.

That you find it shock that a player carrying an injury could pull up sore after a round 23 game sums up your understanding of the situation and the AFL environment. So I will not bother getting into a discussion with you.

Cant wait to read your posts if he stays...

My prediction. " I knew he would stay, i heard it through his brothers girlfriends sisters aunty who had her hair cut by the sister of Toms dentist and they gave me the inside word."

Edited by High Tower
No need for the first line Don24

I'm sure there is a PR term for what MFC fans have been put through this year re TS and GWS. I.e. Use ongoing ambiguity and compensation over a period of time (say a season) to reduce our attachment to Tom, so that when he finally tells us he's going, we are relieved...

and thankful it is all over.

Evil AFL voodoo in my book..

I'm sure there is a PR term for what MFC fans have been put through this year re TS and GWS. I.e. Use ongoing ambiguity and compensation over a period of time (say a season) to reduce our attachment to Tom, so that when he finally tells us he's going, we are relieved...

Evil AFL voodoo in my book..

It would probably have some silly cooked up PR acronym like PPOF - Product Placement Overkill Fatigue.

If he's been ruled out through injury, why should he travel when they've got someone to replace him ? It's not necessary for him to travel if he has been ruled out of selection to play.

Yeah, crazy talk that he has to go there. Do we take Newton around everywhere?

Rubbish. The only ordeal anyone has gone through is entirely self-inflicted or self-imagined. There may be a psychological term for it.