Austin Wonaeamirri

DEELIRIOUS

I have a very bad feeling that we have seen the last of Austin Wonaemirri. I hope that the week after the bye when we play in Darwin that Aussie will be ready to come back down. I hope that while in Darwin Liam and some of the other Aboriginal fellas get around him and spend some genuine time with him and get in his ear to come back down because he is a talent that is being badly missed at the moment. I really hope that the man comes back to the club. Such an exciting talent and our only genuine crumbing forward at the club, the one crumbing forward that we cry out for week in week out. Please Aussie come back.......

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a very bad feeling that we have seen the last of Austin Wonaemirri. I hope that the week after the bye when we play in Darwin that Aussie will be ready to come back down. I hope that while in Darwin Liam and some of the other Aboriginal fellas get around him and spend some genuine time with him and get in his ear to come back down because he is a talent that is being badly missed at the moment. I really hope that the man comes back to the club. Such an exciting talent and our only genuine crumbing forward at the club, the one crumbing forward that we cry out for week in week out. Please Aussie come back.......

I did see an article, can't remember where, saying he was really wanting to come back to Melbourne. Home away from home. He's enjoyed the time back up north and needed it but is missing the indigenous group, especially LJ

I have the same fear however I am not as impressed by his ability as you.

He might struggle to find a spot again this year.

His fitness has probably dropped and even if he came back to Melbourne next week

there are only 8 games till the season end.

Who would you drop to let him back in?

As well there are a number of players coming back from injury in the next month.

I think he will find it hard to get a senior spot now.

I have the same fear however I am not as impressed by his ability as you.

He might struggle to find a spot again this year.

His fitness has probably dropped and even if he came back to Melbourne next week

there are only 8 games till the season end.

Who would you drop to let him back in?

As well there are a number of players coming back from injury in the next month.

I think he will find it hard to get a senior spot now.

Agree - but....if he comes back now, 3 weeks to get fit, 2 weeks back at Casey....ready for the finals!!

Agree - but....if he comes back now, 3 weeks to get fit, 2 weeks back at Casey....ready for the finals!!

Confidence has risen amazingly in 3 weeks!

Lets assume your time line is correct who are you going to drop?

Wona won't get back this year and I doubt he'll be back next year .

I hope he's got a smile on his face back at the Tiwi islands .

Love Wonna and his commitment but it's going to be a long road back if it happens at all. The longer you stay out of the team, the quicker others go past you and the game changes. A trade with GWS might be a decent option for all concerned.

A trade to gws??? good for who? not aussie i dont reckon, finding it hard enough in melbourne with a good support group let alone moving off to a strange city with a bunch of people he doesnt know. hell be back at mfc i reckon.

Bad luck to the lad, had some bad fortune. But from a playing perspective, hopefully he doesn't come back. A list clogger who doesn't offer anything that we don't have, and is nowhere near in our best 28 players. .

Doesn't offer anything we don't have? How about a quick crumbing forward who can kick goals? Sure he's been hampered by injuries and personal issues but when he is fit he adds a dimension to our forward line that no one else on the list can.

Bad luck to the lad, had some bad fortune. But from a playing perspective, hopefully he doesn't come back. A list clogger who doesn't offer anything that we don't have, and is nowhere near in our best 28 players. .

Blunt , but correct IMO .

Hasn't done much since the Freo comback game several years ago .

Wona won't get back this year and I doubt he'll be back next year .

I hope he's got a smile on his face back at the Tiwi islands .

One can only hope. At the end of the day, family is bigger than footy. Hopefully he is able to get back to some sort of normalcy after the horror he's been through. If he is able to find a happy place for himself again, then i'd be extremely happy for him. Even if that means we will never see him again in the red and blue.

He will always have his place in Melbourne's history books. Leading the charge in MFC's greatest comeback of all-time. Not bad for a club draped in 154 years of history.

... Such an exciting talent and our only genuine crumbing forward at the club, the one crumbing forward that we cry out for week in week out. Please Aussie come back.......

Wowsers!! Big call. I rate Adam Maric a mile ahead of Wona. Maric is obviously finding it hard to get a game at the moment, but he has a heap of improvement in him and is more versatile (can play midfield if required). I'm looking forward to seeing a more mature and disciplined Maric as a result of being dropped back to Casey, if a spot opens up for him.

Doesn't offer anything we don't have? How about a quick crumbing forward who can kick goals? Sure he's been hampered by injuries and personal issues but when he is fit he adds a dimension to our forward line that no one else on the list can.

I have some fantastic memories of Wonna and at his best you're correct he does offer something we currently don't have especially with his ability to go back hard towards goal from the forward press but will he ever get back to full fitness is the question.

Wowsers!! Big call. I rate Adam Maric a mile ahead of Wona. Maric is obviously finding it hard to get a game at the moment, but he has a heap of improvement in him and is more versatile (can play midfield if required). I'm looking forward to seeing a more mature and disciplined Maric as a result of being dropped back to Casey, if a spot opens up for him.

Maric was once rated as a crumbing forward but considering he has a good mark on him and has played in the midfield this year I believe that he is now a small forward lead up target who can play chop out mid at times but very rarely. Maric has impressed at times this year but players are going back to Casey for reasons this year, maybe the club wants him to build his tank and play in the midfield or they want him to try and perfect the small forward role. I still believe that Wonna has more to offer, thats why i want him back.

Hope he sorts it out and can handle the big smoke full -time because he would certainly be one of the first picked if he's serious about it .Don't know much about Wonna but I love it when he kicks a goal if only for his celebrations .If Ricky Bobby can lay 14 tackles then Wonna can do 5 or 6 and he'll be picked .Love all the Bros at the Demons .

JB is cool and gives us pace .Has started to learn the game big time and will be a big part of the future i reckon .As will LJ - who we are lucky to have here as well .

Aussie will be doing it hard for a while, after his and his families great loss.

I'd like to see the MFC help him through these dark times and offer Aussie a one year extention. On the minimum payments that is aloud in the afl, maybe even send a trainer up north to help monitor his fitness through the pre-season.

Aussie is a must keep for mine, hate to think that this is the end of Aussie's career...

The team will be in Darwin in a couple of weeks. No doubt Aussie will be there to catch up with the boys or at least someone from the coaching staff will catch up with him then. Let's wait & see what happens after that.

Might stir up some desire or at least help Aussie to make a decision.

Aussie will be doing it hard for a while, after his and his families great loss.

I'd like to see the MFC help him through these dark times and offer Aussie a one year extention. On the minimum payments that is aloud in the afl, maybe even send a trainer up north to help monitor his fitness through the pre-season.

Aussie is a must keep for mine, hate to think that this is the end of Aussie's career...

I am not tatu IMO he has played only a few good games.

The rest have hardly justifed his place.

Spots are getting harder to get at the MFC.

It will be sad if he does not return.

But if he does not want to come back so be it there are others to fill the spot.