Aaron Davey

Guest 36DD

Enough of the knocking - as always, the ultimate responsibility lies with the coaching staff - their role is to get the best out of all players. It is the coaching staff who need to find the solution to problems and the help for players - that's what they are paid for!

Pfffft !! Coaching staff can't make you go when it's your turnto go or execute your kicks for you. Simple modern day thinking put the blame elsewhere and except none yourself. Your kidding yourself mate.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Enough of the knocking - as always, the ultimate responsibility lies with the coaching staff - their role is to get the best out of all players. It is the coaching staff who need to find the solution to problems and the help for players - that's what they are paid for!

You're kidding me right?

The coaches can not make a player put his body on the line when required.

We can not blame the coaches for effort, that is a players choice, the only blame we can give the coaches is if they allow him to continue to do so.

Unless the coaching staff pulled Davey out of the contest when he shat himself I dont understand. The coaching staff must now show the way and send him to Sandy.

'Old fashioned' and wise thinking is that coaches are teachers - it is modern day thinking that puts the blame solely on players just to save a coach's job. A real coach knows how to solve a problem before it becomes one!

Very soft of you Hard

'Old fashioned' and wise thinking is that coaches are teachers - it is modern day thinking that puts the blame solely on players just to save a coach's job. A real coach knows how to solve a problem before it becomes one!

You have obviously never played a single game in your life. Quit while your only slightly behind.

Absolutely appalling effort from Davey today. Gave us literally nothing. No output with the ball. No tackling. No body language. No courage. No leadership. Nothing

Deserves to be dropped. Our injury situation may save him. But that was a pathetic effort.

Maybe a return to the forward line could help him. He won't get tagged as a forward like he gets tagged as a midfielder/half back. His best work was always as a forward.

Good to see someone has picked up on the fact that Davey should never have been played in the backline - even the great Barass admitted he should never have moved Flower to a back flank - a good coach would play Davey where he does best! I admit I am staggered by the venom directed at Davey in some comments in this thread - there are bigger issues than Davey at mfc!

Absolutely appalling effort from Davey today. Gave us literally nothing. No output with the ball. No tackling. No body language. No courage. No leadership. Nothing

Deserves to be dropped. Our injury situation may save him. But that was a pathetic effort.

Maybe a return to the forward line could help him. He won't get tagged as a forward like he gets tagged as a midfielder/half back. His best work was always as a forward.

If he stays in the team (very lucky if he does) he simply has to go forward. He singlehandly brought forward pressure into the game when he came onto the scene as a rookie.

He is the easiest player in the comp to tag, because every hard tagger knows he will drop his bundle if you niggle him enough at every opportunity. As you say TU, he wont get tagged as much up forward and will most likely get more involved in the game

Really disappointed in you Flash!

Good to see someone has picked up on the fact that Davey should never have been played in the backline - even the great Barass admitted he should never have moved Flower to a back flank - a good coach would play Davey where he does best! I admit I am staggered by the venom directed at Davey in some comments in this thread - there are bigger issues than Davey at mfc!

I reckon that if the coach plays you out of position you should squib contests, stop running and just generally sook up until he moves you back where you reckon you should be played.

If that's the kind of old fashioned and wise thinking you are spouting?

So it's OK if the coach plays a top player out of position dandeeman? No offence intended, but I call that dumb coaching! As for the calls to send Davey back to Casey - that does not work with top players - good coaching in modern times requires psychology and understanding, players and the game have changed!

So it's OK if the coach plays a top player out of position dandeeman? No offence intended, but I call that dumb coaching! As for the calls to send Davey back to Casey - that does not work with top players - good coaching in modern times requires psychology and understanding, players and the game have changed!

You are kidding aren't you?

Bailey is under the pump big time, rightly so, reckon he's gone myself.

But to blame him for Davey's performance is just pathetic. Not quite as pathetic as Davey's squib or non-existant leadership, but still pathetic

It's not about what is best for Aaron Davey, it's about the club. If Davey or any other player has an issue with that then they not only do not belong at our club, they don't belong at any AFL club. Dumb coaching would be being held to ransom by a sook player.

By the way Davey has been played all over the ground this season. He has clearly been asked to perform the role of designated kicker for the side in the absence of Grimes...you know for the team.

MFC culture starts here and now, you perform for the team...not negotiable.

I couldn't believe my eyes today, to see flash pull out of that contest today, there has to be a reason.....I think somethings rotten in denmark behind the scenes, he hasn't played well for 3 to 4 weeks. There's more to this than meets the eye. I'm not gunna bag him when he's down he has enough brownie points up for me to give him some slack...but somethings not just right

I agree with most of your points. Aaron is clearly struggling to play defense or midfield & is obviously frustrated by the tags he is getting each week. He had one or two touches to quarter time & should have been moved to play as a deep forward or asked to do his own tagging role to get him into the game. Whilst I wasnt happy with his performance today, I'm wondering if he is frustrated with the role he is being asked to play.

I believe Davey may have been asked to tag Jones for a while in the 2nd half due to his lack of impact (ie., none) in the first half. However, even though i thought Jones relatively ineffective disposal wise, Jones was still willing to work his arse off for the team and gut run Davey (or whoever else was on him) off the park.

In the end, Davey couldn't be bothered doing the same (or was incapable of doing so) for more than a few minutes, or had some kind of niggle. I believe some refer to it as sulking?

:rolleyes:

Edited by Rusty Nails

'Good coaching' is about getting the best out of all players for the benefit of the team!

Exactly

Leading teams is a crock and is simply a popularity contest, the coaches should be selecting the leadership group.

I don't doubt that the work Leading Teams does has some benefit but you have to question it when you're left with a bloke in the leaderdhip group who demostrates such mental weakness.

If he can't cop a tag then he shouldn't be out there. Plain and simple. AFL level footballers should expect hard, uncompromising attention from the opposition every time they take to the field.

They fact that Aaron so obviously doesn't like this aspect of the game makes matters all the more worse for him. Opposition players pick up on the squibbed efforts and bad body language and get further stuck into him. It's like a red rag to a bull.

He needs three weeks at Casey to think about it and earn back some respect and if he can't? Well, the club will have to cut its losses because softness is a cancer that needs to be cut out at the root wherever it appears.

I love aaron and how he has worked so hard from a rookie toa gun mfc player. My four year olds fave player is aaron. But I was embarrassed for him today. He is having a shocking season. Even with all our injuries he may need a few weeks at casey.farck it is locking bleak. Most of the lads tried hard but we are a long way off the pace and let's face it the saints are tres ordaniare this year. With our injuries, we will struggle ti win a handful more gsmes this year.

While Davey's current form is disappointing and it really hurt us today i do believe dropping him to Casey is not a wise move

I have always maintained Davey is far more effective on our forward line

We as a team are poor at keeping the ball in our forward 50 and Davey is one who can help with that

Still has elite closing speed and reads the ball quite well

Also knows where the goals are as we all know

I do think he has an issue when heavily tagged but that's our fault in not giving him some on the ground support

I don't care where he plays, he needs to put the hard hards, really bust his arse and put everything into the full 120 mins.

If not, [censored] off to Casey, not good enough from any of our players let alone some one who is suppose to be leading this club.

Yep was a weak act and the fact he did not try and redeem himself.

Yeah, that's the most disappointing thing. I'm a big Davey supporter but today was painful to watch. There were some boys out there working extremely hard today and he really let them down.

Anything less than being dropped to Casey will show a complete lack of spine from this football club. His squib effort was only matched in embarrassment by his 2 first half disposals. A shadow of the player he once was.

I cant see how they could play him next week. Pathetic performance today. Went missing when needed most. His 50 metres at the start of the last was breathtakingly stupid.