• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Scully on SEN

Demon17

Tom Scully just interviewed in SEN via a press conference. He covered zero contact with GWS - includes him, his management his family, discussions with Schwab, Stynes, desire to be a one-club player, a desire to be part of the future etc.

A class act.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and still the announcer tries to keep the embers going by suggesting that Scully's statements didn't fully shut the door. I listened for about one minute and it sounded to me quite emphatic that Scully intends to stay with Melbourne. If the story isn't perpetuated it closes off the ratings oxygen for the media. ie sheahan, sen, mcguire and fellow travellers.

First impressions - well handled TS and my ulcer is settling

That sums it up for me too. I was taken by the maturity he showed in the face of persistent and quality questioning for a large media group.

Ulcer medication now in the bin.

and still the announcer tries to keep the embers going by suggesting that Scully's statements didn't fully shut the door. I listened for about one minute and it sounded to me quite emphatic that Scully intends to stay with Melbourne. If the story isn't perpetuated it closes off the ratings oxygen for the media. ie sheahan, sen, mcguire and fellow travellers.

let me guess was the presenter Matt thompson???

Fantastic job for a 19 year old to clearly state his case under that media pressure. You just have to love how well he handles himself. We should now get off this subject and just enjoy watching him handle himself with the same poise and authority out on the field.

Well done Tom.

Edited by deefan12

listening again, it was Kevin Bartlett. The residual commentary by Kevin and talk-back callers is that until Scully signs the speculation won't end. IF scully were to leave Melbourne his statements would seem to be the biggest porkies of all time, having just attached my demons diehard sticker on the back of the Navarra I will take his sincerity towards MFC on face value.

I'm glad Tom's fronting up to the media has helped to allay the concerns of Melbourne supporters... I think it's time for everyone to stop being so negative and getting caught up in the media hype. Just get behind Scully and show him how much we appreciate him being a demon!

Great News! And puts my mind at ease somewhat. If anything it allows everyone to focus more on footy this season rather then outside disturbances.

Yet somewhere deep deep inside me I feel that I never will fully be at ease until pen touches paper. But I suppose that goes with ALL contract negotiations. All players included.

listening again, it was Kevin Bartlett. The residual commentary by Kevin and talk-back callers is that until Scully signs the speculation won't end.

That's their job to keep stirring and getting callers in; make them listen. Opposition supporters would also call up...and stir - they probably get off on it.

Word of advice: Take Tom on his word, turn the radio off and take in the fresh air. Back the Melbournefc in. Just look at what they've built up over the past 2.5 years.

PS. And bring on the footy !

hands down the most inept accredited media person going around.

I'll never forget his interview with geelong ruckman Mark Blake, after Blake

was dropped from the grand final side the night before "So Mark what are your

feelings right now, are you disappointed?"

Someone get this guy a Walkley!

hands down the most inept accredited media person going around.

I'll never forget his interview with geelong ruckman Mark Blake, after Blake

was dropped from the grand final side the night before "So Mark what are your

feelings right now, are you disappointed?"

Someone get this guy a Walkley!

... and he speaks like a teenage girl.

didnt think anything short of "im about to put pen to paper" would be enough for me, but "i love the club, my team mates etc" & "envisage being a one club player" is enough for me

looks like i'll be placing an order for a new gurnsey with #31 on it after all!

Although I wont completely relax until the contract is signed, sealed and delivered, I am pretty relieved right now that Tom will remain a Demon and enjoy

many years of success alongside is teammates in the red and blue.

Well done Tom.

I, too, will be interested to see how the membership figure grows now we have a little indication of his intentions.

Reading between the lines Melbourne would have to come up with a very disappointing offer for him not to re sign

Very astute and therefore I think the presser was handled quite well - better than I expected.

It has move the thinking away from " reading between the lines, Melbourne will have to come up with a massive offer to compete with GWS for him to re sign"

Couple of FACTS to come out of Scullys press conference:

1. He is a class act, clearly a future captain

2. While he didnt say he was staying, he said everything else to hint that he was

3. He has done what Ablett, Brown, Bock, etc didnt do - Hit the media speculation head on and be transparent.

Couple of other things worth mentioning:

1. Eddie's "impeccable" source is a bullsh!t artist

2. Eddie will need a mracle to keep Swan given that Pendlebury & Thomas have indicated they are staying. GWS will be reversing the truck full of cash into Swan's driveway soon...!

Couple of FACTS to come out of Scullys press conference:

1. He is a class act, clearly a future captain

2. While he didnt say he was staying, he said everything else to hint that he was

3. He has done what Ablett, Brown, Bock, etc didnt do - Hit the media speculation head on and be transparent.

Couple of other things worth mentioning:

1. Eddie's "impeccable" source is a bullsh!t artist

2. Eddie will need a mracle to keep Swan given that Pendlebury & Thomas have indicated they are staying. GWS will be reversing the truck full of cash into Swan's driveway soon...!

Totally agree.

But to me the key point is that, despite these media types insisting on their "impeccable sources" that he's gone already, he (or anybody associated with him) hasn't even been approached by GWS. Not to say they won't at some stage, but they haven't as of today.

The point about Swan, Pendlebury & Thomas is that it's simply going to be impossible for the Filth to keep all three. They will need to put out so much extra to keep the first two that there just won't be enough in the salary cap to keep all three. GWS can just take their time. Thus Eddie's efforts to try to get GWS to overcommit to someone from another club before they start to eye off his boys.

What's disturbing is that so many here were prepared to put their trust in the likes of McGuire & Sheahan, ahead of the senior people at MFC. And to allege all sorts of garbage about Tom in the process.

Edited by Akum

I have always thought Tom would stay but I also did say that if he didn't commit at today's press conference then he was gone. I'll take that back. As I expected Tom is a complete professional. He won't be hassled into signing until he and his manager are ready. I was far from convinced about the need for today's Press conference but actually think it went ok from a club point of view. Whilst speculation will remain I think it will die down significantly once the season starts. Do I still think the club and players can be distracted by such issues, my answer remains Yes. Will I whole heartedly support Tom and leave him alone in the street, Absolutely, to do anything else would be childish and counter productive.

This was the most important bit:

Would you consider an offer from GWS? The figure that has been thrown around is amazing for a 19-year-old? Is it something that you do have to consider?

“Well, if the time did come - and it hasn’t - I’d have to look into it, but again, it’s not a focus of mine and I’ll leave that to my management and the club to sort out.”

New clubs don’t come into the AFL every day? Someone is going to get rich at GWS? Is the money something that rolls around in your head?

“Absolutely not.”

How do you resist that kind of money though?

“Well, it goes back to your values. The Melbourne footy club gave me an opportunity and I do love the club and I do love playing here. And you can see where we’re going - we’re heading in the right direction both on and off the field. I want to be part of the future here.”

Very astute and therefore I think the presser was handled quite well - better than I expected.

It has move the thinking away from " reading between the lines, Melbourne will have to come up with a massive offer to compete with GWS for him to re sign"

Yes I beleive as long we pay him what he thinks he's worth , he will stay a Demon and I don't think that amount needs to be outrageous like the reported GWS offer

Fantastic job for a 19 year old to clearly state his case under that media pressure. You just have to love how well he handles himself. We should now get off this subject and just enjoy watching him handle himself with the same poise and authority out on the field.

Well done Tom.

Very well stated and let's start rejoicing tomorrow by clapping him in the Red & Blue at Visy Park.

Edited by jayceebee31

This was the most important bit:

Would you consider an offer from GWS? The figure that has been thrown around is amazing for a 19-year-old? Is it something that you do have to consider?

“Well, if the time did come - and it hasn’t - I’d have to look into it, but again, it’s not a focus of mine and I’ll leave that to my management and the club to sort out.”

New clubs don’t come into the AFL every day? Someone is going to get rich at GWS? Is the money something that rolls around in your head?

“Absolutely not.”

How do you resist that kind of money though?

“Well, it goes back to your values. The Melbourne footy club gave me an opportunity and I do love the club and I do love playing here. And you can see where we’re going - we’re heading in the right direction both on and off the field. I want to be part of the future here.”

I absolutely love that last answer. Have saved it as my signature - inspirational! Now watch him dominate tomorrow!

I think we should ALL buy a new MFC footy jumper with the # 31 on the back, and wear it to Round 1 at the 'G

Show some outward solidarity to Tom & his team mates.

And we shall also have to do the same next year when GWS target our list again.

So toughen up everyone. The War has only just started.