MFC training @ Inverloch 15/2/2011

kongwacker

Favourite thread of the off season.

Well done everyone.

Second that.

And we shouldn't forget to thank ADC for his starring role. All teams need someone to get them through the tough times but as we move forward into our next phase, it was inevitable we'd lose some posters.

As a matter of fact I overheard Beamer the other day say, "We are on a straight line and we will not deviate . . . if you don't want to be on that straight line go to GWS's fan site, go wherever,"

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I refuse to believe that ADC is gone. He had big raps on him before he came to Demonland. His work ethic since arriving has been phenomenal with 557 post in less than a season. His ability to work from forum thread to forum thread has been impressive. His singled-minded approach (bordering on obsession) sets him apart from his peers. I've even heard rumours from his school mates that he avoided any manual labour as a child to ensure that his typing hands remained in pristine condition. Despite some concerns regarding his grammatical skills, he's certainly shown signs of joining the elite posters - maybe one day he'll Yze Magic-like levels of cyberspace celebrity. He more than makes up for his lack of polish with sheer persistence. He's not afraid of hard work and never gives up. Whilst a little disturbed by his propensity to focus on the man and not the ball, I'll put that down to his youthful exuberance. Until I see evidence of him conversing with GWS posters on a GWS forum I remain in the glass is half full camp who see ADC as a pivitol piece in our march towards the ultimate prize.

Goodvibes...you're in denial, an ostrich, he's gone. I heard he signed up already (though their site is stlll text-only and won't take his annoying huge signature image).

Time to get some closure and move on. After all, he's only one poster and we're building a champion board, not a board of champions.

Edited by pitchfork

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Sorry ostriches, I'm still here.

The "still" part of this post makes me nervous. He only speaks in the present tense but makes no mention of the future.

GORRRNNN!

Goodvibes...you're in denial, an ostrich, he's gone. I heard he signed up already (though their site is stlll text-only and won't take his annoying huge signature image).

Time to get some closure and move on. After all, he's only one poster and we're building a champion board, not a board of champions.

Pitchfork I understand you're hurting and the prospect of losing one of this forum's stars is unthinkable but talk of moving on is clearly your way of protecting yourself from what you see as the inevitable hurt. Defense mechanisms of this nature will only delay the inevitable so why not look on the bright side? He loves this forum, his family loves this forum. He's made alot of friends in a short time at Demonland. He's be crazy to leave us just as we're realizing our potential.

BTW thanks for the report Kongwaker

Edited by Goodvibes

Hi all, I am so pleased I have been able to bring temporary relief for all your vapours, hot flushes, gout, indigestion, hemorrhoid's, constipation and/or associated women's problems etc; caused by Mr Scully's non commitment to our premiership drive and destiny. I am sure now you all can relax for a while until Mr Scully commits??? But in the meantime you can console yourself with me. No need for the Bex anymore.

Edited by america de cali

Hi all, I am so pleased I have been able to bring temporary relief for all your vapours, hot flushes, gout, indigestion, hemorrhoid's, constipation and/or associated women's problems etc; caused by Mr Scully's non commitment to our premiership drive and destiny. I am sure now you all can relax for a while until Mr Scully commits??? But in the meantime you can console yourself with me. No need for the Bex anymore.

Ok everyone, time to regroup. It seems ADC has got the wrong message. Ramp up the rumours, threats and conspiracy theories. We have to make 100% sure he leaves and doesn't turn up round 1 with his "Tom Scully - you suck" banner.

Seriously ADC - we all want the kid to re-sign. But all that any of us can do is support him as part of our team 110% and hope he gets the message. Or you can do something really stupid just to prove you were right all along...

Actually, I'm sick of being serious - Frank McGuire's daughter's teacher told me that his brother heard from Gubby Allan that ADC is the Melbourne figure linked to the "St. Kilda schoolgirl"? We already know his fellow posters don't trust him. I wonder if the GWS fan site will still take him now that this news is out?

Edited by pitchfork

BAD new folks. Hot off the press.

ADC has knee soreness and won't be playing this Sunday for Demonland against TalkingCarlton

His manager said it was totally unrelated to the unfounded rumours re the GWS website

News just in, ADC's manager at MFCSS Sports has left and joined 3AW's production team. The plot thickens....

Thanks for the thread kongwacker.

OMG. Its him! and yet he still doesn't say anything about signing with either forum????

This is bad. Why would he not say anything either way? Everyone knows that silence on the subject means that he is gone at seasons end.

Actually Big Footy have offered me a six year contract to go post there. But my heart lies here. What should I do?

You don't have an option do you?

The money is really good - ipso facto - you must go.

It would be against all logic and reason to choose family, friends, colleagues, club, and home over the top of being paid more money than Jesus.

It's just about having your priorities in order.

But in the meantime you can console yourself with me. No need for the Bex anymore.

Clearly a done deal.

Been in the team a year and is off.

Apart from Big footy's bid rumour has it the man in the sandwichboard* outside Flinders Street put in a bid as well

sad, we all got used to his Japanese schoolgirl anime picture.

*(its says: the end is at hand 1 Peter 4.7")

Edited by Robbie57