Those Jumper's are PINKER than ever!

Guest A_Fire_Inside

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought our previous jumpers, even up until last year, looked much more red in person than on the telly.

Especially the Sunday 7 games, they looked very pink. I'm wondering if this is a similar problem? Jaded?

TV shouldn't dramatically change the colour of fabrics.

I'd suggest that either the jumpers are from a faulty batch, or they were washed and some of the colour washed off. If that's the case then that's terrible and will have to get looked at immidiately. It is the responsibility of the fabric supplier to give NB a fabric test report, and it should be expected that NB has a colour fastness standard that is suitable for sporting apparel (I think it's under 2.5 but I really don't remember, and it depends on which standard scale you use). Either way, I doubt the club would have approved pinkish jumpers. Maybe we are just using the faulty ones for now.

Btw it's not true to say that it's not possible to achieve a dark red on synthetics. It is possible, but you will never get the same exact shade of red on cotton blend socks as you would on a synthetic jumper.

Edited by Jaded

The Jumper is definately pink!

I thought i was going mad, so im very glad everyone else thinks it looks pink too.

If you look at the socks which are the perfect shade of red, the jumper doesnt match at all.

Hope they change it before the season starts.

I am just curious. Do you guys think the club would have to pay for the replacement jumpers, or would New Balance supply them at no charge because of the defects?

I'm only guessing but I reckon we got those faulty jumpers at cost price, or at a heavily reduced price, thereby still making some profit from their sale. They aren't commercially acceptable so NB would have had to destroy them if we didn't take them.

The red is definately different to the colour on the 2011 members scarf which is a darker red that could almost be maroon.

If the colour displayed on the guerseys today are what the team will wear during the season , our supporters will be wearing different colours than the team we support .

I feel the excuse that red is hard to get red is weak , as others have noted , it's not a problem that the scum or aints seem to suffer with .

The logo may have lead us astray , it's red is closer to the scarf .

The colours shown on the actual jumpers however are very different .

1_Logo.png

As for the away strip , some will never be happy no matter what it looks like .

For an alternative strip , it aint that bad . Would you prefer we turned up bright yellow as the aints did a few years ago ?

Edited by Fork 'em

I couldn't agree more! A lot of supporters who had jumpers from last year compared with the 2011 ones, there are is a huge difference! If you look on the Melbourne website, however, the jumpers of Davey and Green look very red. I propose the red on demonland becomes a bit more pink to be in conjunction with our guernsey

you know what, at the AGM tonight I noticed when Bails was on stage his shirt was true fire engine red, but in the TV monitors and projectors it looked a lot pinker! Did anyone else reckon that? I think there is genuinely something in what someone said earlier that the reflectivity(?) of the material may affect the way it appears in photos/TV

Edited by Curry & Beer

you know what, at the AGM tonight I noticed when Bails was on stage his shirt was true fire engine red, but in the TV monitors and projectors it looked a lot pinker! Did anyone else reckon that? I think there is genuinely something in what someone said earlier that the reflectivity(?) of the material may affect the way it appears in photos/TV

I think when its indoors it looks darker, as soon as lights hit it , sun or strong lighting it has a pinkish reflective nature

Guest A_Fire_Inside

It is weird because some photos make the jumper look really red and some less so. The first poster on the Intraclub thread that put up photos, which looked like they were taken on a camera phone,made the jumper look deep red. This one See Jack! appears to be red too. Yet all the Herald sun ones look awfully pink. I agree it must be something to do with the fabric, but like other said, SAINTS, SWANS, DOGS AND DONS have no problem with their colours looking pink!

It would be nice to hear something from the club!

Edited by A_Fire_Inside

I haven't seen them live and that's the acid test. Many here e.g. DA reckon they look pink live.

There's so many ways colour can get shifted from camera to print and computer screen that it's not a reliable medium.

Guest Thomo

I haven't seen them live and that's the acid test. Many here e.g. DA reckon they look pink live.

There's so many ways colour can get shifted from camera to print and computer screen that it's not a reliable medium.

If they only appear pink on camera, it's still not good enough. More people see the jumper on TV than live. This should have been tested.

Spot On C and B I agree 100% I was there last night and you are correct.

In real life they looked fine.

The jumpers on display today definitely had a pinkish hue to it.

I even heard a club admin person say the same and that they weren't happy about it.

Having seen the jumper I am not happy about the red colour and from far away it looks like the Swans jumper. The blue on the V should be more prominent to make it stand out more.

Having said that the white jumper is awful and the clash strip should be red.

Oh get over it "A" the clash jumper is going to be white.

The current one is a hell of an improvment.

It's time to accept it and move on.

It is weird because some photos make the jumper look really red and some less so. The first poster on the Intraclub thread that put up photos, which looked like they were taken on a camera phone,made the jumper look deep red.

Agree that some look red and some look pink. Don't know if it's just me but the red in the clash jumpers looks more pink than the red in the traditional jumpers.

Jaded's response shed's some good light on the subject.

Guest A_Fire_Inside

Whatever the case may be, it is certainly a shame. The off field team have a certain idea and these apparel manufacturers seem to let them down. I do agree with others though and think that they should have been tested in front of camera's beforehand. I saw also today, the Doggies all red Training jumpers, and while they are very red, they are almost fluro high vis red and at least we have moved away from that. I have seen the demons jumpers in Rebel and agree 100% that they are deep red. But the way the material reflects looks ordinary on field from what we saw yesterday.

Forget the jumper, the only thing I noticed in that pic was that Steph Martin was a good 2 feet higher than the all australian ruckman of 2010. Did he get springs put in during the offseason?

Doesn't matter what those who don't care about it say, it's not red, and that's disappointing, regardless of whether you think it's an issue or not. Even more so given that Cam and the team spent seemingly over a year working on developing a new jumper that was supposed to be red.

The argument that colour combinations and/or synthetic materials affect the outcome of certain colours is probably quite valid, but our blue ought to be quite dark, and Essendon's red, up against their black, is quite clearly red, and not pink. I would have thought that we could aim for that kind of red which, provided we get our blue nice and dark, wouldn't come out pink.

To calm all the troops here I asked Cam about the jumpers. His reply...

"The colour isn't quite right. New Balance are sorting. They look a little crimson. Bit of trial and error with new fabrics."

Good to hear. Though despite the criticism of the red/pink on the jumper, I have to say the sharper "V" and the collar looks great. I don't if it's the new design or the AAMI park gym facilities, but the players just look a lot more broader around the shoulders and upper body.

Also Cam mentioned on twitter that the players are gunna sing the 2nd verse of the song after games. Big thumbs up if they follow through with that.