Lynden Dunn getting a new deal?

RedDragon1972

This thread just goes to show that the Demonland Mob are pretty good at dishing it out, but incredibly poor when it comes to eating humble pie.

OK, I'll nibble:

- Who in this thread has dished anything out?

- Who in this thread has not acknowledged Dunn's good form?

All this thread goes to show me is that people are willing to make motherhood generalisations with nothing to back them up. And just to be clear, by "people", I mean yourself and Jerry.

I had him pencilled in for delisting earlier on in the season. Really happy to see that he has dramatically increased his contributions to the team.

Quite frankly though, I'd be honestly shocked if anyone who truly follows our team didn't at least have his name up for consideration for the chop.

Oh come of it Nasher, you know as well as I do that Lynden Dunn has never been a favourite on this site. Half the board wanted his head after he dropped a few marks in Round 1. Then you all wanted him banished after he missed a few goals against the bulldogs in dreadful conditions. As if his kicking was ever a major long-term issue. He has always been one of the best kicks in the team.

Oh come of it Nasher, you know as well as I do that Lynden Dunn has never been a favourite on this site. Half the board wanted his head after he dropped a few marks in Round 1. Then you all wanted him banished after he missed a few goals against the bulldogs in dreadful conditions. As if his kicking was ever a major long-term issue. He has always been one of the best kicks in the team.

I wanted him 'banished' after the Bulldogs game because he didn't go hard enough when it was his turn. There was a marking contest late in the game where the ball was kicked to him, he stood still and waited for the ball instead of presenting towards it, and allowed a Dogs player to chop it off. He then stopped, sulked, and didn't chase hard enough. It was efforts like that that I couldn't stand from Dunn, and coupled with the fact that he wasn't having a significant input in games I didn't think he was worthy of his spot.

Go and find a quote from someone who actually said he should be dropped that week based on his kicking. I doubt you'll find one.

Justifiably so. Dunn was 12 weeks from being delisted IMO. It's fantastic he's turned that around but this is a professional football club. If you can't handle critisism you shouldn't be here.

I had Dunn, Barty, PJ, Miller and Bell playing for their careers this year. It's not that I hate them, it's more to do with loving the club and craving the ultimate success. Dunn and Bartram have saved their careers this year and that's fantastic. Pj is borderline IMO, his last few weeks and the condition of our other ruck stocks will determine his fate. Miller and Bell are gone. I love Miller, been a massive fan, but it's not a charity and he bs to go

The ‘Changes’ thread after the Bulldogs loss includes many posters who wanted him dropped for his goal kicking. (Admittedly there were also a few who wanted him dropped for lack of effort, although I doubt they would have held this view so strongly had he kicked straight/we won/Watts not kicked five in the VFL.) Posters also proclaimed that ‘Dunn is done’ and that he should go to the ‘tip’.

I just laugh at the short-term reactive bandwagonism that consistently goes on here. The chorus will begin again when Bruce, Dunn, Bartram or PJ have another ordinary game.

Dunn has always had the tools to be a very good AFL player. He just needed game time to get confidence at the level. All he lacks is the ability to take a strong overhead contested mark. But, I suppose, neither could Garry Lyon really.

Plays an important role in our team, especially considering modern footy. Capable of kicking 25-30 goals a season + subdue the best rebounding defenders.

good on him for finding his niche and turning his career around not a minute too soon.

Still prone to the odd brain explosion, but is a starting 18 player now and therefore deserves 2 years

Considering he had a couple of games at Casey and the first couple of games he was played up the ground

I would think 30 min. would be the 2011 objective!

...Another feather in DB's cap.

I'll reiterate, great post Dappa. The feathers in DB's cap have not received their due acknowledgment IMO. I'm particularly impressed by the number of players who have played career best footy in 2010 from fringe players in Bartram and Dunn, to developing players like Frawley and Grimes to senior players such as Green and Jamar. Then ofcourse, there is also the steady improvement throughout 2010 of our youngest players like Scully, Trengove, McKenzie and Watts. Remarkable player development.

I was a 'Dunn believer' in 2006 but a 'Dunn wonderer' in 2009. I barely recognise the 2010 model and it's not just the mo. I love how he has incorporated all he's learnt from his years in the football wilderness into a very well rounded and effective game. What I most liked about his game on the weekend was his ability to cleanly gather the awkwardly bouncing ball, while under pressure from his opponent, and get off an effective kick forward. Made something out of nothing, like the best players do.

As a previous poster mentioned, Morton can learn a lot from Dunn. I predict Morton will have a few hard years ahead of him but, with the right attitude, potentially some great years after that.

I reckon it's his little moustache that's made the difference!!!

I can't stand it to be honest.

But, whatever gets him out of the bed in the morning and more importantly, as long as he keeps kicking goals.

Wow, people get a little testy when they get called out for something don't they? The term "hater" shouldn't be taken so literally, just a light heartered poke at those who like to get on these boards and make a call on footballers careers as they sit behind their notebooks. I have been guitly myself and would gladly cop it on the chin if proven wrong.

And Rhino, making a comparison between calling someone a hater and labelling someone a racist, says something more about your intellect rather than mine IMO.

He's 192cms isn't he? I'm surprised we haven't moved him on.

This post is a ridiculous joke- kicked 11 goals in the last three weeks- deserves a 3 year new contract.

I had him pencilled in for delisting earlier on in the season. Really happy to see that he has dramatically increased his contributions to the team.

Quite frankly though, I'd be honestly shocked if anyone who truly follows our team didn't at least have his name up for consideration for the chop.

I had him pencilled in for trade @ the end of this season, begrudgingly. I would have kept Brad M as a backup tall. Now this changes things re list spots, so now Brad M is in the deep end.

I think I'd now try to find Brad M a new home & re rookie Newton, if he is OK with that.

PS: I don't know if that is possible or not with the laws. I'm not great at understanding legal speak.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

This post is a ridiculous joke- kicked 11 goals in the last three weeks- deserves a 3 year new contract.

It's a stir on another poster. I've always been a Dunn fan and have been so impressed with his form recently.

nobody on this site "hates" Dunn (i would hope) but there has been many a strong argument from the folk who didn't think he was up to it. the thing that annoys me the most is those folk who took soo long to recognise his ability then complain because it's highlighted too much. take your medicine, and remember it next time you're so quick to write a player off.

nobody on this site "hates" Dunn (i would hope) but there has been many a strong argument from the folk who didn't think he was up to it. the thing that annoys me the most is those folk who took soo long to recognise his ability then complain because it's highlighted too much. take your medicine, and remember it next time you're so quick to write a player off.

I for one didn't miss his potential, but prior to his strong form, as a forward kicking goals, I had him as a trade possibility in this year where we are scratching to make spots available. The reason I saw him as a trade possibility is because he has potential but hasn't delivered with stern determination, but as we can all see, he now is producing, just in the nick of time. A win, thus far for him & the Dees.

Ricky P had most improved player all sewn up before doing his shoulder. You`d have to think Dunny would take that mantle now, and very few of us saw this coming. He`s become a very important player in a very short space of time.

Jamar, Frawley, Dunn, Bartram.

Absolutely. A great credit to our coaching staff and the players themselves.

Ricky P had most improved player all sewn up before doing his shoulder. You`d have to think Dunny would take that mantle now, and very few of us saw this coming. He`s become a very important player in a very short space of time.

*Cough*

Mark Jamar anyone???

Agree with that order of merit.

You could add Grimes, Jones, Beamer, Bennell and Watts ....off a low base into the mix.

The thing about Jamar is that I think the improvement was there late last season, so does he really have a claim on this year?

But Petterd is a fair way down the line.

If he'd have played more this year we might have him a bit higher up the order.

The thing about Jamar is that I think the improvement was there late last season, so does he really have a claim on this year?

But Petterd is a fair way down the line.

If he'd have played more this year we might have him a bit higher up the order.

He was showing signs of what was to come before last year. Last year he strung some good games of form together to really prove what he has.

This Year he's announced to all & sundry (Vying AA) that the big bloke can play.

Only played 7 games LY. We only saw glimpses of this. This year he has rucked in every game often singlehandedly. His stats are every impressive.

This Year he's announced to all & sundry (Vying AA) that the big bloke can play.

Vying AA?...You are not serious? :blink: