Clint Bartram tonight

jumbo returns

He's that tough small defender that every team really needs!!

His disposal/kicking can be a bit erratic but the way he contests is first class and his tackling is maaaagnificent (replay of last week on McGlynn).

His disposal/kicking can be a bit erratic but the way he contests is first class and his tackling is maaaagnificent (replay of last week on McGlynn).

If he was a better kick, he'd be one of our core players.

Unfortunately, he is a bit limited by his kicking and therefore will be limited to being a 'role' player.

Regardless, every team needs a brave, tough, great-tackling back pocket. If he can play that role the way he has been, he'll be a valuable member of the team each week.

Good on him for finding his role in the side and i hope he keeps it up

I was ready to show Bartram the door this time last year. I am more that happy to say I was totally wrong. He's reinvented himself as a hard and reliable small defender and is having a great season. Well done to the lad.

The persistence by Bails has been phenomenal as well! Great coaching. Unearthing a gem. Speaking of which, how many gems has our coach unearthed during his tenure thus far?

Bartram; McKenzie; Garland; Jamar has been given this amazing opportunity as no. 1 ruckman and look at him now; Jurrah; Dunn is on the up; Frawley; Bennell; holding our on Aussie.

These players are starting to blossom and come to fruition slowly!

That relentless attack on the ball in a desperate last quarter, with Brown coming at him was amazing....magnificent!

He's had an amazing 6 six weeks, but tonight was all guts!

Congratulations, Junk Dog.

Yes indeed. Go Bart's :)

I was ready to show Bartram the door this time last year. I am more that happy to say I was totally wrong. He's reinvented himself as a hard and reliable small defender and is having a great season. Well done to the lad.

I thought he might be finished last year too. He is in career best form, better than his 1st year when he became a very handy tagger and took some big scalps. Really happy for you Barts, your old man would be incredibly proud of how you`ve turned your career around!

Bailey made special mention of him when interviewed on Fox Sports after the match.

Credit to him for turning his fortunes around after getting a 1 year deal to basically prove his worth. Nothing I love more than players who forge a career for themselves purely on determination.

Bailey made special mention of him when interviewed on Fox Sports after the match.

Credit to him for turning his fortunes around after getting a 1 year deal to basically prove his worth. Nothing I love more than players who forge a career for themselves purely on determination.

We have I think a great back line if only the forwards were as good

Bartram has had one memorable act of bravery each game he has played this year. Every time I watch the dees, it is Bartram doing the scrapping to help the dees rebound.

His kicking is well documented, perhaps with some further training he may be able to tune it to be a little better. He will never be an Ablett with his kicking, but a small improvement would go a long way for Bartram.

Glad to see he has cemented his spot in the side. It is now up to the next crop of players to try and go one better to get his spot in the side. No easy feat!

That relentless attack on the ball in a desperate last quarter, with Brown coming at him was amazing....magnificent!

Im a huge fan of Bartram, I get much more satisfaction watching a player with limited skills who has to work hard and persevere to make it

such as Barts, versus a player blessed with oodles of natural talent who doesnt apply himself but merely coast through games (see Johnstone).

I watched the game again this morning and this one incident caught my eye, I hadnt noticed it on the night. Another fine example of what Barts

offers to the team.

So True

He's had a couple of good games for 80. But we are after a premiership. Ultimately you cann't have someone prone to mistakes at that level. Courage is onething, but no more than Cheney. He takes a few marks and people think he's great. If you cann't outmark your opponent on the backline, your not good enough in a premiership team. there are a number of good players in our team that get dropped seemingly unfairly. But we are after constant improvement. At this stage we you have got to consider potential development. Bartram is pushing his limit. He fits into a team that is pushing toward the 8. There will be futher changes over the coming year. Others have got to be tried. Those prone to mistakes will go.

He's had a couple of good games for 80. But we are after a premiership. Ultimately you cann't have someone prone to mistakes at that level. Courage is onething, but no more than Cheney.

One-on-one against small forwards or running midfielders, Bartram is doing a great job. Quicker than Cheney, better tank, reads the play better and just as tough at the ball, if not tougher. I haven't seen Cheney kick any better than Bartram.

i dont understand why everyone pots his kicking, more often than not he hits a target, just because he doesnt have a 50m laser boot doesnt mean his kicking is poor.

and im not saying he is the best kick in the team, but due to good decision making he hits targets and that is what you want coming out of the backline

i dont understand why everyone pots his kicking, more often than not he hits a target, just because he doesnt have a 50m laser boot doesnt mean his kicking is poor.

and im not saying he is the best kick in the team, but due to good decision making he hits targets and that is what you want coming out of the backline

Every post in this thread was reasonable up until this one.

He doesn't just have substandard kicking skills, but Bartram is also a poor decision maker with the footy in hand.

This is testament to the standard he sets with the areas of he game he excels in, such that we can overlook his significant shortcomings for selection.

Every post in this thread was reasonable up until this one.

He doesn't just have substandard kicking skills, but Bartram is also a poor decision maker with the footy in hand.

This is testament to the standard he sets with the areas of he game he excels in, such that we can overlook his significant shortcomings for selection.

RD2 77.78 9 disposals

RD3 90.00 20 disposals

RD4 85.71 14 disposals

RD5 92.31 13 disposals

RD6 77.78 9 disposals

RD7 81.25 16 disposals

RD8 69.23 13 disposals

RD9 90.91 11 disposals

RD10 72.73 11 disposals

RD11 50.00 10 disposals

RD12 77.78 18 disposals

RD13 78.57 14 disposals

RD14 66.67 12 disposals

RD15 88.89 9 disposals

RD16 71.43 14 disposals

RD17 80.00 20 disposals

RD18 87.50 16 disposals

bottom line is his average disposal efficiency for the year so far is 78.74

229 disposals, at 78.74% is 180 hitting targets, i personally dont think his decision making or his disposal can be that bad, and nor do i think i posted an unreasonable post.

RD2 77.78 9 disposals

RD3 90.00 20 disposals

RD4 85.71 14 disposals

RD5 92.31 13 disposals

RD6 77.78 9 disposals

RD7 81.25 16 disposals

RD8 69.23 13 disposals

RD9 90.91 11 disposals

RD10 72.73 11 disposals

RD11 50.00 10 disposals

RD12 77.78 18 disposals

RD13 78.57 14 disposals

RD14 66.67 12 disposals

RD15 88.89 9 disposals

RD16 71.43 14 disposals

RD17 80.00 20 disposals

RD18 87.50 16 disposals

bottom line is his average disposal efficiency for the year so far is 78.74

229 disposals, at 78.74% is 180 hitting targets, i personally dont think his decision making or his disposal can be that bad, and nor do i think i posted an unreasonable post.

Beautifully done, but some posters don't like facts getting in the way of opinion so you may still get a bit of flak.

Beautifully done, but some posters don't like facts getting in the way of opinion so you may still get a bit of flak.

Couldn't agree more - well done MM. These are not the stats of a "poor decision maker" with "substandard kicking skills". Even if "disposal effectiveness" isn't a rock-solid stat, anybody in the team would be happy if they had those stats over the season.