LEGENDS OF THE SKILLED

Demonland

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The side has a real "last year" look about it with the gun kids out. Looking forward to seeing Gysberts play though.

There's not much difference between the "last year" team, and the "this year" team as far as personnel goes. Main difference is competitiveness.

There's not much wrong with the "Ins". Any other time we had 3 come in like that we'd be stoked! Starting to get some great depth guys, enjoy the fact we can rest YOUNG Scully, Trengove and McKenzie, and bring in experienced Bruce and Warnock, as well as another high draft pick.

Disappointing but fair. You'd think the slog would've been toughest on the young bodies.

Would have preferred them to be rested in different weeks. 3 players out of the guts to be replaced by a soft flanker, a full back and a debutant...

That makes no sense. They'd be rested because they'd be fragged after the Darwin slog. You can't rest them a different week when they're (presumably) sore now. We're cactus in this game either way - now they're going to be primed to embarrass Carlton next week.

Really excited that Gysberts is getting a run.

I think the lineup changes are good ones. Warnock was always back in, and this means that Grimes gets another run in the middle. I would expect that Jones and Gysberts wil rotate through the middle as well. The team has a good mixture of youth and experience yet again. I would personally love to see Jetta injected into the midfield to give us that tackling chasing pressure. He and Davey creating through the middle would be great.

Our backline looks very strong this week to. All of our tall backmen are back as well as our small(er) backs in Bruce, MacDonald and Bartram (who's the only actual small defender). Our defense should hold up well, our biggest challenge will be winning the ball in the middle and being able to get good entry into our forward 50. Scarlett being out certainly helps.

If the boys manage to keep this game within 4 goals I think this would be a great sign for our team.

Not happy that McKenzie got dropped for Bruce. Not happy at all.

Scully and Trengove were never going to play out the entire 22 weeks, so seeing them get rested now is OK by me. Although, like Hannabal, I'm a bit disappointed that they're missing out on seeing Geelong first hand.

Good luck to Gysberts.

Not happy that McKenzie got dropped for Bruce. Not happy at all.

My guess is that unlike Scullgove, Jordie will probably be given a run in the VFL and is therefore technically not being "rested" like the other two. He did miss a game earlier in the month so he probably doesn't need a rest in the same sense as the other two but will be kept match fit at Casey.

No doubt he will be back next week.

What is the point of resting two of your best players and bringing in Bruce. Surely bruce won't play!

Ugh.

They're both 18 and both have been playing hard at it in the guts in the first season. They were always going to be rested at some time. Darwin was a sapping trying experience especially for young bodies.

Surely Jamar should have been rested.

He's rucking, get this...all by himself.

I know, right?!

And for a seasoned professional at the age of 26 I think it is ridiculous that he is asked to his job for most of the game.

Anyway, back on point.

Probably had to rest the kids after the Darwin heat, I bet they lost a few kilos and are feeling it.

Agree

Disappointing but fair. You'd think the slog would've been toughest on the young bodies.

That makes no sense. They'd be rested because they'd be fragged after the Darwin slog. You can't rest them a different week when they're (presumably) sore now. We're cactus in this game either way - now they're going to be primed to embarrass Carlton next week.

Really excited that Gysberts is getting a run.

Depends if they were rested because of the Darwin game or if it was just a general/planned rest given to them as young players.

My guess is that unlike Scullgove, Jordie will probably be given a run in the VFL and is therefore technically not being "rested" like the other two. He did miss a game earlier in the month so he probably doesn't need a rest in the same sense as the other two but will be kept match fit at Casey.

No doubt he will be back next week.

Great to see the Gys in. He has deserved his chance. Playing against the best midfield in the comp will be the equivalent of 10 games experience to him. Its a shame that Scully, Trengove and Jordie Mc dont have the same opportunity.

Edited by big_red_fire_engine

Surely it would of made more sense to have rested one last week, and seperate them. I really think that the club is trying very hard to not show that they are favoring one over the other. Maybe taking it just a bit far.

I think you're looking into it too much. As surprised as I was, the younger bodies (1st year players) would have pulled up weary. They, along with McKenzie, will be back pretty soon. Remember, it's Geelong on their dunghill. Refresh and back in for the Carlton & Collingwood games.

Looking forward to see how Gysberts goes. Grimes named in the centre, that will also be interesting.

What is the point of resting two of your best players and bringing in Bruce. Surely bruce won't play!

yes he will

I think you're looking into it too much. As surprised as I was, the younger bodies (1st year players) would have pulled up weary. They, along with McKenzie, will be back pretty soon. Remember, it's Geelong on their dunghill. Refresh and back in for the Carlton & Collingwood games.

Looking forward to see how Gysberts goes. Grimes named in the centre, that will also be interesting.

Maybe just dissapointed a bit too. I was just really looking forward to seeing Scully perform against the Cats. Thought it would of been fantastic experiance. Compounded by the fact that I thought he may have been dropped teh week before due to many ordinary disposals.

It also annoys me some that the two seem to always be coupled together, which could turn into extra pressure in the future. Especially if one starts to drop in form or even rise more in form than the other. This is also the reason i do not like the Sculgove term.

Very exited about watching the Gys in action though, and hope he can go well, as well as Watts continue his good form.

for me it really brings up the question of whether we should be selling home games to freaking Darwin.

If we had lost by a point last week instead of won by a point, it wouldve been fair to say that a home ground advantage mightve been the difference.

And if our players are too stuffed the week after that we are basically conceeding 2 days before the game it hardly seems worth it.

Not happy that McKenzie got dropped

Everyone's always talking about how they have to "earn their place", yet when a player gets dropped, there are posts like this.

Jordie didn't have a great game last week so .... ???

But he's still young, and sure he'll learn/improve/bounce back.