Can we finish top 4 this year

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could if at years end you stand on your head, put the names of the teams upside down on the ladder then look at the ladder.

That's negative at it's best do you go to bed at night and wonder if you are going to wake up i do thats called being possitive.

Regardless of any negative thinkers on this forum, Saturday was a great game, the dees fired up.

After Melbourne kicked their first goal, i yelled out another 10 dees.

Some of the supporters near me (melb) said we wont kick 10 goals this year. That is sad. Luckily those supporters were more encouraging after another 10 mins.

Make no mistake.

The fire has started.

There is no way we will finish in the top 4 this year. I will be over the monn if we do, but it just wont happen.

And for the few people trying to justify why we can, of course there a lot of "ifs", but be unbiades, use some sort of a brain and think about it. It will not happen.

And to use the 1976/77 example to prove your claim, I will use the remaining 100 seasons to say that the team that finished last in the previous season did not win the flag.

We have some very promising players and we saw what our game plan is supposed to look like, however, we will be very inconsistent for a couple of years until we play together for a bit longer.

Not many people expected us to play how we did last week, and yes we could do it again, but not many people expected us to play so bad in Round 1, and we could also play like that again.

I think our aim from henceforth should be to win every game we play.

It's time to graduate from competitive.

just give us the flag the dees have it already, no need to play out the rest of the season.......

and who cares what the filth did in 1977 thats was 33 years ago i reckon footy has changed just a bit in that time.

like mick moldhouse says playing collingwood is like our grand final we are always up coz we wanna knock them off more then anyone and

we are young so we'll be up and down. would not surprise me if the crows beat us comfortably this week coz everyone reckons there struggling

and we had this honorable loss.

if this doesnt make sense im sorry i was out till 3 last night and im sporting a ripper of a hang over!!! wacko.gif

I believe we can finnish top 4 this year considering we matched it with the filth when everyone think's the filth can finnish top 4.

If we apply ourselfes every week like last sat anything could happen,thoughts.

You have alot of faith but it was 1 and I say again 1 good game. If we were to make the top 4 we would need to do that week in week out and more, to beat sides.

I have heard some crazy predictions in my time.... haha.... But this topic is a pearler guys!!

Let's just enjoy this season for what it is.... A season to watch our youngsters mature and learn from the better teams in the competition....

Learn what it takes physically and mentally to will yourself over the line in a tight contest....

This season will have some amazingly exciting moments (like the filth game) and some moments where you wonder what the hell they are doing (like the Hacks game).... But at the end of the season we will all be chomping at the bit to see what is on offer in 2011 and beyond....

Enjoy the ride....

Go Dees!

Regardless of any negative thinkers on this forum, Saturday was a great game, the dees fired up.

After Melbourne kicked their first goal, i yelled out another 10 dees.

Some of the supporters near me (melb) said we wont kick 10 goals this year. That is sad. Luckily those supporters were more encouraging after another 10 mins.

Make no mistake.

The fire has started.

What people need to remember, however well we 'competed' on Saturday, is that we did not come away with the 4 points.

Yes we improved, Yes our pressure was fantastic, but we did not win!

We cant go treating a 1 point loss to Collingwood as a victory. Otherwise we wont be winning a game all season.

The real test will come with week to see if we can back it up.

Edited by rusty_kingswood

If this forum was a person, they would surely be diagnosed with a case of split personality.

Last week it was time to close down the club, sack Bailey and delist Jack Watts, and this week we're a chance for top 4.

Love it!

The team needs to be absolutely gutted. But it's imperative they need to also understand that no matter how well they played on Saturday, how well they moved the ball at times (even though it is an improvement), it doesn't guarantee you a win. So the level they need to set themselves and play at doesn't necessarily have to be that standard on Saturday, it needs to be a higher standard still. They must raise the bar in every department or KPI. That goes for the FD (coaching department) too.

Answer for thread: No.

What people need to remember, however well we 'competed' on Saturday, is that we did not come away with the 4 points.

Yes we improved, Yes our pressure was fantastic, but we did not win!

We cant go treating a 1 point loss to Collingwood as a victory. Otherwise we wont be winning a game all season.

The real test will come with week to see if we can back it up.

meh if you don't consider that a MORAL victory you are in la la land

for one thing we were blatently robbed and another we missing a heap of players. We are about 3 years behind the pies who are flag contenders

fact is if we KNEW they were going to play like that every week you could jot us down for about 13 wins or even more

everyone is just assuming we will drop in and out of form, which is probably likely but necessarily a fact!

Sweet jones,

This is the dumbest thread i have ever seen. This is a great example of why i don't really like demonland, and that has nothing to do with the moderators or the people who run the site who do a great job. It is people like this.

Flip floppers, people with too higher expectations, people that give up. Why can't you just let the season play out, let the players develop and watch them grow as a team, instead of sitting here after one 2 games, 1 of which was the worst i have seen melbourne play, to one of the best i have seen in a long while in terms of commitment.

The dees at the moment are a young and inexperienced team, who turned it on for an old rival, and i hope they can do that every week. Saying after 1 game that they can win the flag is ridiculous. They are young, and they will have their ups and downs. What happens if this weekend we come out and play adelaide and they beat us by 100 pts? Will you come out and start a thread, "Can we finish bottom 4 this year?".

Demonflag, you have brought the dees into disrepute. Supporters like you are so frustrating..