• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Can we finish top 4 this year

fact is if we KNEW they were going to play like that every week you could jot us down for about 13 wins or even more

everyone is just assuming we will drop in and out of form, which is probably likely but necessarily a fact!

unless you disagree with either of those statements I don't understand your gripe with this thread

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe we can finnish top 4 this year considering we matched it with the filth when everyone think's the filth can finnish top 4.

If we apply ourselfes every week like last sat anything could happen,thoughts.

What are u smoking? and can u get me some!

What are u smoking? and can u get me some!

Can we ban these "wat R U Smoking?" jokes. Totally counterproductive and not at all enlightening. If they're followed by "you must be on crack because . . ." then at least there might be some valid information or opinion in the post, but otherwise it's nothing but a waste of space. Stop feeling so good about yourselves for calling someone out on something so "ridiculous."

Yeah we can make the top 4...

Let me notify santa and the tooth fairy so we can all meet up with Dumbledorf at the ticketmaster to buy our finals series tickets together. We will meet JFK and Humphry. B. Bear on the flank, second row, and cheer our team on with bottle rockets, flares and sawn off shotguns.

Games like last Saturday against the filth was exciting, caused blood to rush to the head & due to lack of success over the last couple of years, got us talking finals.

We all know how young the team is & how inconsitent they can be.

So let's just take it 1 week at a time.

On a serious note, it would be a massive step in the right direction if we get out of the top 4 and win 7 or 8 games.

Obviously you mean "get out of the bottom 4," right? You're not secretly a masochist are you?

Just wondering how many people who actually think we will make the top 4 this year actually have any idea about football?

Are you seriously thinking we are better than St. Kilda, Geelong, Hawthorn, Bulldogs, Brisbane and Collingwood, not to name clubs who have shown heaps of improvement such as Sydney, Port and Freo.

We are better than North and Richmond, and are maybe equal with Essendon, Carlton and WC.

I would realistically hope for 8 wins and continuing to build for the future.

Just wondering how many people who actually think we will make the top 4 this year actually have any idea about football?

maybe you will notice nobody had predicted anything, merely asked a question

and instead of rational responses all they've got is lame 'jokes'

if we play every match of the remaining season like we did last saturday (unlikely I know) how many wins would you pencil in, bearing in mind the selected 22 should get stronger as blokes come back from injury? We would probably have beaten ten sides at least last Saturday, all the interstate ones for a start, well maybe not Freo(!) plus Richmond and North

my preferred line of thinking is that now we have shown what we can do - over 4 quarters against good opposition - I want to see that out there every week instead of accepting they might turn up and fall to bits on any given day.

Curry and Beer: I think people have predicted, not merely asking a question. The fact the first poster says I think we can make the top 4 would be a prediction in my thoughts.

If you get upset with "lame" jokes, well I guess you may have a hard time reading too many posts on here. I was more or less trying to say that I think the top 4 prediction/question is way off the mark and that "most sensible" football followers would not even contemplate it.

In regards to my last post I think I clarified my thoughts by stating all the teams that I think are currently better than us.

I hope we play as well as we did on the weekend for every game this year, but even if we do, I dont think we will beat too many teams this year. We still make too many errors of judgement and skill, and as I said before I think we will get 8 wins.

If I am proven wrong and we make the finals I will be the first one to congratulate those who thought it would happen, and I will be a very happy Demons fan.

if we play every match of the remaining season like we did last saturday (unlikely I know) how many wins would you pencil in, bearing in mind the selected 22 should get stronger as blokes come back from injury? We would probably have beaten ten sides at least last Saturday, all the interstate ones for a start, well maybe not Freo(!) plus Richmond and North

We played like a team that lost by a point, so if we play the remainder of the season in accordance that would be 0 wins with a not too bad percentage. Now that's a lame joke- my santa/dumbledorf material was strong..

Your contention is speculation.. "probably have beaten ten sides.." "all the interstate ones for a start"... c'mon...

Edited by nostradeemus

Obviously you mean "get out of the bottom 4," right? You're not secretly a masochist are you?

Given our approach to wins and losses the last couple of years, it's understandable he's still referring to the 13-16 bracket as a 'top 4' finish ;)

Drugs are bad mmmmkay. Yous shouldn't do drugs mmmmkay..

Top 4? You have to win to get into the 8, and win a lot to get into the top 4. We are 0 wins from two outings.

And in fine family feud style "Survey Says....BEBOWWWWMN!"

Can we ban these "wat R U Smoking?" jokes. Totally counterproductive and not at all enlightening. If they're followed by "you must be on crack because . . ." then at least there might be some valid information or opinion in the post, but otherwise it's nothing but a waste of space. Stop feeling so good about yourselves for calling someone out on something so "ridiculous."

woooooo, handbags are drawn! someone got out of bed on the wrong side eh, it was a joke mate, grow a pair!

woooooo, handbags are drawn! someone got out of bed on the wrong side eh, it was a joke mate, grow a pair!

I'm actually fine with the joke. Just at least follow it up with ". . . because there's no way we'll play well enough to beat that many teams," or something.

I think our aim from henceforth should be to win every game we play.

It's time to graduate from competitive.

Totally agree with this. If we continue with the we are in a building phase talk we wont perform.

Thats what happened week one.

Its time to say "you are going out on the park to win" not just get experience.

I believe we can finnish top 4 this year considering we matched it with the filth when everyone think's the filth can finnish top 4.

If we apply ourselfes every week like last sat anything could happen,thoughts.

pfft, top 4, we are going to finish top of the ladder with a percentage of 187% and a 20-2 record AND win the flag by 150 points against Richmond, yep Richmond :)

pfft, top 4, we are going to finish top of the ladder with a percentage of 187% and a 20-2 record AND win the flag by 150 points against Richmond, yep Richmond :)

So obviously every other team gets the plague and the rest of the AFL season just consists of Melbourne playing Richmond once a week, every week until September. The horror . . . the horror.

So obviously every other team gets the plague and the rest of the AFL season just consists of Melbourne playing Richmond once a week, every week until September. The horror . . . the horror.

lol, that would be the only way that could happen this year.

Sweet jones,

This is the dumbest thread i have ever seen. This is a great example of why i don't really like demonland, and that has nothing to do with the moderators or the people who run the site who do a great job. It is people like this.

Flip floppers, people with too higher expectations, people that give up. Why can't you just let the season play out, let the players develop and watch them grow as a team, instead of sitting here after one 2 games, 1 of which was the worst i have seen melbourne play, to one of the best i have seen in a long while in terms of commitment.

The dees at the moment are a young and inexperienced team, who turned it on for an old rival, and i hope they can do that every week. Saying after 1 game that they can win the flag is ridiculous. They are young, and they will have their ups and downs. What happens if this weekend we come out and play adelaide and they beat us by 100 pts? Will you come out and start a thread, "Can we finish bottom 4 this year?".

Demonflag, you have brought the dees into disrepute. Supporters like you are so frustrating..

Frustrating am i, i bet the melbourne football club does'nt think i am frustrating since i have a presidents membership and dont call me names buddy thats whats frustrating