Dunn's performance today

P-man

Wrong. As well as the lead, mark and goal, he created a couple of contests for small forwards to try to feed off and created some defensive pressure in our forward 50.

Did not do much in the second half, but warrants another crack.

Dunn was better. Bate will improve with time. I know a few want to bag Bate but his use of the ball in midfield (when he kicked it) was good. I know he made a goose of himself once (again) but when he uses it, he finds targets. Will be better for the run .

I agree with you about Bate he will get better like he did last year. Have a look at this board after the first few games last year and Bate copped a canning but by the end of the year was a forum favourite.

Dunn played alright today and needs to back that up next week. He is another that needs to toughen up, he likes to dish it out at times but he has to show he can take it as well.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunny lifted today and I'm thrilled. He's a nice kick, could be a terrific player for us. He needs to keep going from today. Way to go!

Dunny lifted today and I'm thrilled. He's a nice kick, could be a terrific player for us. He needs to keep going from today. Way to go!

yep, his set shot goal didnt even bother the goal umpire, the mark into the sun was brilliant, did not expect him to take that one. Dunn and the whole team played very well today.

I'm starting to think us supporters have contributed to some of these players being too comfortable.

It's time Dunn, to put your hand up consistently, or your gone.

Dunn has always teased us over the years, but its few and far between. He needs to start producing todays effort week in week out.

If hes part of the future, you would expect him to maintain his spot for the year, so its up to him.

Dunn was a lot better today, but he had me pulling my hair out in the 1st when he kicked long into the forward line to scully with 2 defenders all over him.

If he can't eradicate poor decision-making like that he will struggle to keep his spot.

Yep, he still jumps at shadows, even if he does try to pull the tough man act with his opponent (and I did love him getting stuck into that spud Maxwell!).

However he did well today, and there is no doubt his best position is as a forward. His kicking is an asset that we dearly need in our attacking 50.

If Bate and Newton made the same contribution as Dunn today, we probably would have won.

And for all the Miller bashers, if he was playing instead of Newton we may have won.

Wrong. As well as the lead, mark and goal, he created a couple of contests for small forwards to try to feed off and created some defensive pressure in our forward 50.

Did not do much in the second half, but warrants another crack.

Dunn was better. Bate will improve with time. I know a few want to bag Bate but his use of the ball in midfield (when he kicked it) was good. I know he made a goose of himself once (again) but when he uses it, he finds targets. Will be better for the run .

To his credit, Newton was quite effective at the centre bounce a couple of times when he is clearly not a ruckman. The Rusian was outstanding today but the Juice did provide good back up - all power to him.

And for all the Miller bashers, if he was playing instead of Newton we may have won.

Redleg, could you explain that one line? I don't get it...at all. Miller hasn't shown much in the ruck or forward. How would it have made the slightest difference?

To his credit, Newton was quite effective at the centre bounce a couple of times when he is clearly not a ruckman. The Rusian was outstanding today but the Juice did provide good back up - all power to him.

He rucked against the limpest ruck going around in Fraser. What a marshmallow performance from a former No 1 pick. Zero effor. We were KOTD that MFC were not more exposed in that area. Jury is out on Newton IMO.

Just wondering how many people have watched the replay of the game?

People are saying Dunn did well and Bate was average.

After seeing the replay they wereboth contributors, neither outstanding, but both did their bit. They both need to improve though.

Either way, Bate is much better than Dunn, as he has shwon over their careers. He will lose a little weight and gain fitness over the next couple of rounds and then be back at his best to make a difference again.

Dunn, I am not sold on , but if he can hold a position until Watts and Jurrah are ready, well I hope he does, and I hope he stays forward until then too.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Disagree. I rate Miller and Newton the same - we play them because we have nobody else that can do the job at the moment.

On topic it was good to see Dunny get amongst it. I loved the start he had to his career but he seems to have floundered since then.

If's , if's,if's--he wasn't and did not deserve to be in the 22,similar to Spencer. The game to me was like 6 wins to theclub. They were tenacious,ruthless, determined and in some way a loss by one point may even be better than a win.This is because they can see they can match it with the best even without several players whom would be in the 22. Miller unfortunately is not in our best 22.Dunn to me is also not in my best 22but may develop into a very handy Mr Fix it- taking over from Bruce.

Edited by jayceebee31

Fair enough then.

He is good. Get over it.

Dunn provides a good target and works well at ground level. He also reads the play and puts himself into the contest.

His other key attrubute is that he is generally a good kick for goal.

He is worth persistng with and rates more highly than Newton.

I also like Bailey's shift to a game plan with quick leading forwards.....great game by Pettard even if he couldn't cap it with a game winning goal

Dunn OK, to stay. Only really riled me when he did a pathetic kick towards goal from the boundary in q4. That should have become a goal opportunity but was rushed away with ease.

Newton did little but then he did little wrong. I hate to say it, but he was quite serviceable in the ruck when he had to give Jamar a well earned rest. He rarely marked but got the ball down a few times. If Spencer isn't to play, he might be the best bet to continue as Jamar's sub when the big man has to rest.

Bate useless and should be the only forward to get the flick. He's not ready, and when he's like that he is amazingly spud-like.

Surely you jest..

If anything, yesterdays performance reinforces the fact that Miller offers our team nothing. I cannot fathom how anyone who has followed the dees over the last few years rates Miller in the slightest. It's that rose coloured glasses thing I think- We like him because he is a nice guy and he plays for the team we love, but if he played for another team the same people would rate him a spud. Fact! I defy anyone to argue that. I'll repeat, Brad Miller offers the MFC absolutely Jack Squat on the field.

I thought Newton offered so much more than Brad does yesterday. Still have my reservations about Dunn also but feel it's his turn to have a try up forward now. Millers time is up period. He will see the rest of his days at Casey and doing his usual 'stop gap' duties when the situation requires it

Newton, Dunn, Miller should be on the draft table now. Simply not up to it.

And forget that old line about playing in a good team. What is a good team made of? Good players. These plodders don't cut it.

Bate trade-bait if Carltank are interested. Oh wait, Bate's really good in the second half of the season. FFS.