• PODCAST LIVE @ 8:30pm      

Call: 03 9016 3666 or Skype: Demonland31
    Click Here for LIVE Chat
    If you still want to browse Demonland
    while listening to the Podcast
    choose pop up player below

TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Jurrah Hurt!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that Bradshaw who has played not played a game for his new club and is out for at least another month?

I agree that we should have gone for Bradshaw. Give him 2 years to be our main target - let's face it, he WILL get through 2 years. Gives Watts, Jurrah, etc to get a bit older/stronger/smarter, but still gives us a forward target.

Yeah sure, he went to the club that he nominated, but we chased Ball to some extent didn't we?

Isn't Bradshaw meant to be right for Round 1?

No LJ for 2010, get over it. Morton is a bigger loss - not taking anything away from LJ.

I just hope everyone, including Bailey, believe me when I say he is NOT our key forward.

Were you sleeping through Jurrah's nine games last year? This guy is a freak, explosive pace, freakish goal kicking ability, don't just compare him to other aboriginal players. Jurrah is an icon of the club, he sells memberships, he is a big loss

Were you sleeping through Jurrah's nine games last year? This guy is a freak, explosive pace, freakish goal kicking ability, don't just compare him to other aboriginal players. Jurrah is an icon of the club, he sells memberships, he is a big loss

Not at all was I sleeping. I was standing prouder as the next Melbourne supporter. Since the end of 2009, I have been a realist in regards to LJ. Look at Aussie, he was an icon of our Club at the end of 2008 - how much did we cheer for him in 2009?

I have had too much disappointment in my life (as a Demon supporter) to hang my entire season on 1 player, and thank god I didn't get sucked in again.

I'd rather his shoulder is rock solid going forwards, so even if he's lost 60% of this year, he'll be able to consolidate towards the end of the year confidently and go forwards.

There's some guy who had a fair bit of work done on his shoulders a few years back, didn't get selected at #1 possibly as a result, who now collects his pay via brown recyclable paper bags, he goes alright these days.

Some guy who took Travis Johnstone's number's first season was pretty much a write off - he goes okay these days.

Some other kid who liked hanging out with Colling@#!#$^ players in bars who had a real suspect groin and wasn't able to complete a pre-season for more than a couple of years, he went alright last year i thought. Deserved all 3 of those votes against Hawthorn last year, and can't wait to see him kick off again this year.

Most importantly all 3 they'll be fit and firing when we're pressing for finals in the next few years.

I'm sure Liam and Cale will both be busy in the gyms and beefing up, itching to get back out on the park. Liam's already many opposition supporter's favourite Melbourne player, and many of our own regard him that way too. He burst onto the scene so brightly in a handful of games last year, after we all stood at Etihad watching him soar. Gods, the feeling in the dome at that moment... the roar... every supporter on their feet, Essendon and Melbourne alike.

He's shown a whole lot of promise, and he has a career ahead of him to live up to that taste we got last year. Very disappointing turn of events on the weekend, but we're not heading into a finals series with Liam kicking bags of 6-8 on a regular basis. Get right soon Liam, we'll all be waiting.

Cheers.

Alright team, no more arguing with Billy or we lock the thread.

As for Liam. 16 weeks sees him playing footy again in Round 13... just in time for our finals charge. demon_wink.gif

And we get one more look at 'Juice' before his contract expires as seasons end. demon_rolleyes.gif

It's a terrible break for a valuable player (as is the Morton injury), but better now then 2011 or beyond.

Extremely disappointing for LJ, the Melbourne Footy Club and all of us Members and supporters .... but as his mate RudeBoy said in another thread, LJ will be back "stronger and hungrier than ever". And when it really counts, from 2011 onwards, he will be just one cog in a forward set-up that will be the envy of most if not all teams.

Still think we've lost our best forward in LJ and we're stuffed for it..

Bradshaw definately wasnt the answer.. would just have kept robbo if that was the road they wanted to take.

Guess we have to continue the wait for Watts to get up to speed and Martin to find forward line form.

Alright team, no more arguing with Billy or we lock the thread.

As for Liam. 16 weeks sees him playing footy again in Round 13... just in time for our finals charge. demon_wink.gif

And we get one more look at 'Juice' before his contract expires as seasons end. demon_rolleyes.gif

It's a terrible break for a valuable player (as is the Morton injury), but better now then 2011 or beyond.

I think it`s been said he won`t be back until round 16, not 16 weeks! It would barely be worth risking him playing this year you`d think. I`m gutted for him, and I think it`s a big loss for the club membership drive and gate receipts because that`s what blokes like this do for a club. Only positive is that someone else gets a chance to step up and prove themselves. I wonder if this will be a `lightbulb` moment for Juice?? Surely not.

It is disappointing as he was probably the most watchable player of late, but the real factor for me is the amount of injuries.

Late last year, despite all the tanking talk we had 20 plus injuries and when young blokes like Blease and Strauss were ready to take advantage of opportunities they went down as well. Surprisingly we didn't seem to drop off and stayed competitive with half the list down, albeit in some lower intensity games towards the end.

I still think we will have depth in the qaulity of youngsters across the board, most of who will get a chance, as long as we can stop long term injuries happening to say 10 plus players.

For instance we hear Garland is back next week for his first game, Wonna and Bate are back to playing again, with Watts a week or two away (like a mirage isn't it). In reality they are some quality youngsters to come back. My hope is they can play 15-20 games.

In reality I am disappointed but I would need a few more than just Jurrah to go down to take away the enthusiasm for 2010. love Jurrah but we shouldn't be relying on 1 pre-season draft pick for success. We usually do well with rookie and pre-season picks, but time has come to develop the high graft picks and create some A-graders, and 1 or 2 elite players.

As for the forward line, I believe if we can get as many forward 50 entries as our opponents get this year, our forward line can convert and win games.

Still think we've lost our best forward in LJ and we're stuffed for it..

Bradshaw definately wasnt the answer.. would just have kept robbo if that was the road they wanted to take.

Guess we have to continue the wait for Watts to get up to speed and Martin to find forward line form.

i really hope Ricky Petterd stands up out of all this-along with Matty Bate we can still kick goals.

Watts is far from ready-he still has growing pains.

Long-term rehab can't be much fun, especially for a bloke who's a long way from home. Do players always do rehab at the club, or do they ever head home for a while?

I think it`s been said he won`t be back until round 16, not 16 weeks! It would barely be worth risking him playing this year you`d think.

Help me here, why wouldn't you play him for the last several rounds, even if we were out of finals contention? He only played 9 games at the tail of last year and it was hugely beneficial for both club and player.

Its gut wrenching, theres no doubt about it at all.

Hasn't our mate Juicy just been thrown the biggest lifeline of his career however.......

Will the real Michael Newton please stand up?

Juice is the obvious choice to come off the rookie list... I want to see the club give him the first 6 matches, let him settle in the side and see if he can offer us something... I'm backing with the confidence of the coaching staff behind him that he will... If he offers nothing, well then he's been given every opportunity... But I can't help but feel that he hasn't been given the opportunities he has deserved thus far, and the one positive I'm taking out of this injury is that we might find something in a player we were ready to discard...

Help me here, why wouldn't you play him for the last several rounds, even if we were out of finals contention? He only played 9 games at the tail of last year and it was hugely beneficial for both club and player.

Common sense here.

Will the real Michael Newton please stand up?

Juice is the obvious choice to come off the rookie list... I want to see the club give him the first 6 matches, let him settle in the side and see if he can offer us something... I'm backing with the confidence of the coaching staff behind him that he will... If he offers nothing, well then he's been given every opportunity... But I can't help but feel that he hasn't been given the opportunities he has deserved thus far, and the one positive I'm taking out of this injury is that we might find something in a player we were ready to discard...

Any chance that Newton actually earn a spot in the team. He is now in his 6th year and has been given more opportunities than his performances deserve. The ball is in his court to justify his spot on the list. In fact its been that way for the past 3 years. Newton just has not worked that out. Even more surprising given we are crying out for a capable forward. I struggle to see what has held him back beyond....Michael Newton.

Any chance that Newton actually earn a spot in the team. He is now in his 6th year and has been given more opportunities than his performances deserve. The ball is in his court to justify his spot on the list. In fact its been that way for the past 3 years. Newton just has not worked that out. Even more surprising given we are crying out for a capable forward. I struggle to see what has held him back beyond....Michael Newton.

Sums it up. Newton is the only guy in the way of Newton. If he doesn't take this opportunity, there will be exactly zero people on his side.

What would be MORE interesting is if he pops up and kicks 30+ this year. What then?!!!

Common sense here.

If this presents an extra opportunity for anyone, I'd pick Jack Fitzpatrick over Michael Newton.

Its gut wrenching, theres no doubt about it at all.

Hasn't our mate Juicy just been thrown the biggest lifeline of his career however.......

I'm in the Jack Fitzpatrick camp as well. When oh when are you all going to realise that Newton isn't upto it. 6 years on the list is enough of an opportunity. I say leave him on the rookie list until he proves himself at casey. He has to be made to earn his spot back on the list. I'm betting he won't.

Plenty of passion on the boards which is good to see. Couple of things I'll clear up.

First: My passion for this club runs deep my support unwavering my commitment absolute for over 30 years.

Secondly: Majority of this site claimed MFC would only win 6-8 wins hardly a successful year

Thirdly: If Jurrah was going to be the absolute difference this year your deluded. He's gifted,

talented could quite possibly rival Buddy in 3 years but even Buddy can't win a game when he is the only

one playing. He misses 16 weeks of development on field but if he's hungry and comitted enough he'll

develop himself in other areas. For example endurance, strength, bulk.

Fourthly: Injuries suck BUT I absolutely refuse to run around like a chook

with it's head cut off spreading doom and gloom when I've been through this kind of thing before(Schwarz).

We as supporters as a side as the red and blue will be stronger for the bad times and when the good times

come they'll be so much sweeter.

Absolute unwavering support it's not a choice.

I'm in the Jack Fitzpatrick camp as well. When oh when are you all going to realise that Newton isn't upto it. 6 years on the list is enough of an opportunity. I say leave him on the rookie list until he proves himself at casey. He has to be made to earn his spot back on the list. I'm betting he won't.

I dont think anyone is on the Newton band wagon are they?

Fitzpatrick isn't exactly game day ready.