The Aaron Black Thread

e25

I don't really care if it was plagiarised.

Well, I care and I find this very much regrettable.

Apologies to Gilly34 who posted the information on Aaron Black first over at TalkingCarlton.

However, you've now got me wishing that we actually do draft Black at # 11! He sounds like he goes well. :rolleyes:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its the same as old Haydo's posts and those by Nudge last year before the draft and trade week

Do you really believe that?

It's not the same at all. Spreading a few rumours and lies like Haydo and Nudge do is a victimless crime. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes it's annoying, but mostly nobody gets hurt. Stealing someone else's work when they have clearly done the hard yards to build up the information, claim it as your own, then happily accept all the pats on the back is piss poor form in my eyes.

Do you really believe that?

It's not the same at all. Spreading a few rumours and lies like Haydo and Nudge do is a victimless crime. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes it's annoying, but mostly nobody gets hurt. Stealing someone else's work when they have clearly done the hard yards to build up the information, claim it as your own, then happily accept all the pats on the back is [censored] poor form in my eyes.

If it was all made up is what I meant.

If its plagairised... I don't know. I find it hard to care.

Its the internet so everything is fair game.

I expect that on a forum like this.

If it was all made up is what I meant.

If its plagairised... I don't know. I find it hard to care.

Its the internet so everything is fair game.

I expect that on a forum like this.

I'm new to Demonland...what a time sucker....anyone i cant believe how many fights/arguements people have on here all from the same club....

just struck me as odd...healthy debate is one thing but some people get quite personal...odd when we should all be on the same team...

i think we all would love to see the same thing? (Premiership?)

I'm sure posting this ill be labelled and shouted down ....lol

I don't really care if it was plagiarised. It could have been completely made up for all I care.

He's given me more insight into this particular kid than anyone else on this forum.

That's wonderful. You're looking for insight into a player but you don't care if it's been "completely made up."

You might be easy to please but we should refuse to accept the appalling standard set by Dr. Jekyl. We would have obtained the very same insight into Aaron Black had he properly attributed the views expressed as coming from Gilly34 on TalkingCarlton.

What the Dr. did was unacceptable on a forum such as this!

That's wonderful. You're looking for insight into a player but you don't care if it's been "completely made up."

You might be easy to please but we should refuse to accept the appalling standard set by Dr. Jekyl. We would have obtained the very same insight into Aaron Black had he properly attributed the views expressed as coming from Gilly34 on TalkingCarlton.

Seconded.

I'm looking for entertainment.

Thats all this is.

To treat is as more would be foolish.

rumour has it he plays a lot like kurt tippet. would love him at pick 18 but i believe the dogs and saints as well as the two WA teams are real keen. i have a terrible feeling that he may be snapped up just before our second rounder

if this kid is still there at pick 11 pick he is as big as butcher, but can kick it very well

I'm looking for entertainment.

Thats all this is.

To treat is as more would be foolish.

The world is changing.

Internet accountability is increasing.

Don't take it for granted that the conditions of the early years of the internet will remain forever.

Everything still leaves a trail.

There is a lot to like about this bloke. Love his athleticism, and looks like his frame would fill out nicely at AFL level. Impressive to see him picking the ball up off the deck while running at full tilt, how many of the other 190cm+ players could do that at such pace? Also not too bad in contested situations.

Haven't seen him live, but really like the look of what I see here. Wonder how he'd fair aginst the bigger bodies?

Looks good but he would be another guy that needs to eat a cow per week.

Don't they all at that age?

And the ones that don't end up having question marks hanging over their heads, because they might be better purely because they can manhandle the other kids at that level?

I havnt seen him live but his video looks like he works hard running up the ground and defensively, has good skills for his height, uses both sides of his body, makes good decisions, is strong in the marking contest and best of all he makes a legitimate impact on the game. Ive heard a bit about him from a friend in Perth. My friend has some good contacts in the industry and beleives that Melbourne are seriously interested in this guy. The Eagles even considered him with pick 7 but he told me they are now very likely to take Lewis Jetta.

Butcher, Talia and Carlisle will be in consideration but Im starting to think this is the guy we will take with pick 11 and hope that either Vardy or Carlisle is available for pick 18.

Stevo's draft predictions

and whopops up at 11 !! yes ..only Stevens effort ..but Black is seen as an earlier pick ratheer than later. Much better al round than Butcher. Its all going to depend on who goes at :

6. Sydney Swans

7. West Coast

8. Port Adelaide

9. Port Adelaide

10. Essendon

Port may grab Black ahead of us. Where every one goes in the draft is more about where they fit intosides needs rather than any straight up pecking order.

I believe Black might be available at 18.

John Butcher would be ideal at pick 11.

Pick 1-4 are set- Scully, Trengove, Martin, Morabito.

pick 5-6 are set- will be either Rohan then Cunnington, then Cunnington then Rohan

pick 7 appears set- Lewis Jetta

Pick 10- will be a midfielder bc Essendon lack midfielders and have publicly said they will take on here- Jake Melksham, Koby Stevens or Kane Lucas the most likely.

Thus, the only thing in the way of Butcher is Port Adelaide!

However, considering they need a key forward replacement for Tredrea, I fear they will pick Butcher.

Syl...you think Butcher will not be picked up by either Port or Syd ?...or even Ess for that matter ?

Firstly I dont think he will be there at 11 ( Butcher that is ) and secondly my preference is not for him.

essendon will lack forward fire power now more than mids.. ( curious to ASH's view)

Edited by belzebub59

After seeing him linked to the club in the draft predictions this week, I am a little excited as to what he could bring to the club. Having the potential to develop two very mobile tall forwards (Watts and Black) to complement the mid sized Bate and Jurrah and the smalls like Maric and Wonneamirri, plus the support rotations like Green, Sylvia, Martin etc, could be just the formula to really kick start things in the forward half of our set up. The more I think about it, the more I like it.

After seeing him linked to the club in the draft predictions this week, I am a little excited as to what he could bring to the club. Having the potential to develop two very mobile tall forwards (Watts and Black) to complement the mid sized Bate and Jurrah and the smalls like Maric and Wonneamirri, plus the support rotations like Green, Sylvia, Martin etc, could be just the formula to really kick start things in the forward half of our set up. The more I think about it, the more I like it.

Me too!