Russell Robertson MUST be signed

melbournefc18

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been told he will not be signed.

He is too old and in no way part of the clubs growth going forward.

I hope he plays well the next two weeks, but his time at the club is up.

Has been a fantastic player for the club over a number of years.

I love Robbo and always have, but i think it's a no from me.

Was good today, but against weak opposition, he's gone missing too often against the better sides, and is still playing selfish football at times. His defensive efforts are just terrible, as is his inability to keep his feet in a contest. Happy to let him play the last three and bow out with dignity if he chooses to retire. Or be delisted. Yes it'll be a sad day for the club, because Robbo is a 'one-club' kinda player in my eyes and deserves the right to retire on his own terms, but i'm hoping he does what's right for the future of the club..

Next year we will have a fitter, stronger Jack Watts without school commitments to add to our forwardline, as well as Liam Jurrah with a full pre-season. Matthew Bate is stepping up too. And while I'm not a Miller fan, he is such a strong bloke and I'd prefer to see these kids protected from bigger opponents by him than Robertson in all honesty.

Hope he decides to retire and have a real send-off match alongside Wheels and Wheatley in round 22.

Yes from me, if we get rid of robbo all we have left of experience is bruce and green with mcdonald on his last legs also.

Every team has there experienced players, there vital to youngsters development and robbo still has plenty to offer after being robbed of a pre season.

Thats my opinion, though i very much doubt he will play on, for the dees atleast.

Edited by Carn dees

yeah, i'm not sure about that. Freo weren't much better than a mid-table VFL outfit today...

Nonetheless, I still think if Robbo could get a full pre-season under his belt, he could be very useful for us next year, or any other team interested in his services for that matter...

Could still kick 40-50 goals a year next season imo, and with our lack of tall options ATM, I don't see why he couldn't play, so long as his fitness & workrate's there. Probably depends on whether the match committee/coaching staff think they can get hold of, and blood another KPF over the pre-season..

Nah, he's been fantastic, but his time is up.

A good couple of grabs/goals is about all he can muster and our future is very much youth, youth and youth.

Next year with a very young list plan on 6-8 wins, then the year after a possible finals push.

By then we will have a lot more experience under the belt and Watts, Jurrah and co will have 30-50 games in them.

I think 1 more year is on the cards.

Were do we want to kick our goals from next year? Watts will b his first real year. Jurrah cant go all year. Miller.....

And if there is no Robbo who takes the no 1 defender. If jurrah or Watts get it that cant b good for their development. One more year even if its like this year again

It's a no from me. Robbo's been a good contributor, & should keep the perception of what he was, alive, before he damages his club image.

The defensive work load of todays forwards means you must keep your feet & chase, tackle & keep with your opponent when they run forward.

Robbo, please enjoy retirement, reputation intact.

Interesting what will Happen in the next few months.

Personally i would like to see Robbo get a full pre season under his belt before the final decision is made, doubt that is possible but his injury & Recovery from it should be taken into account.

He is still a good target & Kick...Wait & see....

Robbo,s time is up

He did some team things today which has been missing in the past

Has had a good career but its time to move on

The guy who impressed me today (and last week) was actually Valenti

Robbo has been a fantastic servant of the club, however, i feel that his time at the Dees is up. He is now starting to play bad or nothing games more than good ones. It's always good to retire on your terms, not when the game has passed you by.

Him and Junior would leave on a high note, should they both retire at seasons end. Although Macca has been very good recently, i feel his time is up as well.

I think if Robbo was to go we would have very little experience in the forward line and with such a young team we can't afford that. Plus i thought he showed what he can do today. What do you think?

You are kidding yourself. What a ridiculous suggestion.

Robbo's career is over - accept it.

I think if Robbo was to go we would have very little experience in the forward line and with such a young team we can't afford that. Plus i thought he showed what he can do today. What do you think?

I think Liam Jurrah has taken that 3rd tall role from Robbo, Liam plays tall & is better with the spilt ball, having superb hands.

Bater has started of late, to step up as the main tall, but IMO will eventually be 2nd tall or another marking option down the track.

FF/ Jurrah - XX-XX - Bate

HF/ Sylvia - Watts - Green

We need to recruit IMO a big bodied forward, not too tall but with some speed & lateral agility, sorry to some but IMO Panos suits.

As a tall back up, we allready have the pinch hitting Martin. And Jamar pushing forward.

Giving Robbo another year completely goes against the youth policy. It is a waste of a spot in our starting 22 where a younger player can get some valuable experience at senior level.

Why do you think GC are going to trade some picks for experienced afl players?

Experienced players around younger developing players is needed.

Hmm yeah fe accually.

Personally its just that i think robbo really can go around one more time and have an influence given his injury free.

What sort of positive impact would he have on the team..?

None.

A good contributer against poorer opponents goes missing when needed most against the really good defenders. Give Jurrah, Watts and bate a season or two to play with one another and work out each others games and that forward line with Wonna, Sylvia, Marric, Davey with be very exciting