Changes for next week vs the Power

LeBron James

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even you could see that McLean repeated turned the ball over today. He has been flaky at best. Nice goal from Morton at 55 metres.. Hope you cheered it. ;)

yeh morton kicked a nice goal which i did cheer :)...but he also sprayed several too. what was with petterd though. he LITERALLY didnt touch the ball or getting a single stat after half time whats up with that? you'd think bailey would have moved him into the midfield or somewhere to get him involved. thats what i would have done anyway.

Dropping Mclean, Sylvia JOhnsom is not the answer, or really an option right now!

Once these kids get more experience and fitness, then, and only then, can we start to relegate ourharder bodied, more seasoned players.

McLean has some credence but I am buggered what Sylvia and Johnson provide in harder bodied play. Sylvia is a repeat off field problem who does not deliver on field. PJ is a 200cm rover who gets outbodied constantly in the ruck and is unaccountable.

What fine role models these players are? :rolleyes:

I almost responded angrily to this until I read the last line and realised what a tossbag you are.

And no I didn't go today for reasons that have f all to do with you.

I'm generally of the opinion that if the other person reverts to name calling, you've won the argument...

Out: Bennell, Jetta

In: Bail, Maric

Reasoning:

I think we should blood as many kids as possible. Give them a taste, and provided they are not completely overwhelmed, give them a minimum of two weeks.

Bennell and Jetta have both had two weeks now and have shown a bit, but against the pies they struggled. They are both potentially very good, speedy players in the mould of Thomas and Campbell for the roos, but just don't have the stamina or strength yet to withstand AFL footy week in, week out. Lets not crucify them. Give them some time with the Scorps to get their confidence so they can have another crack a bit later in the year when form or injuries warrant.

Given Maric has now played two games with the Scorpions and from reports is showing good form bring him in for Jetta. Small forward for small forward. When Maric played last year he showed he was up to AFL standard and I am dying to know how well he can perform with another 12 months of development in him.

On Bail, I think he has earned his chance. I saw all the NAB games (barring the one in QLD) and he has a physic capable of playing senior footy, is quick, has stamina and his skills seem as good as at least half the current side. Again it is a straight swap; small defender for small defender.

OUT- Jetta, Bennell, Bartram

IN- Bail, Maric, Dunn

Jetta and Bennell will be good for us but not quite ready and wont do harm to get some confidence at Casey.

Bartram although impressed with holding Harvey to 16 disposals last week, watched the roos today and harvey struggled big time which makes me think he is not quite up to scratch himself yet.

Bart just doesnt do enough for me without tagging.

Bail playing well at casey from all reports and brings a bit of speed and class by foot from the back line and mid.

Maric is a must for me, very classy player up forward and we need another option at the moment especially if we continue the push of davey in the midfield.

Dunn- Play him as a key target up forward. Leave him there for one game and see what happens. I really want to see him given a go there again!

Will be a hard trip to adelaide as the power will be keen to respond to todays woeful effort.

Sylvia was given a chance he didn't deserve and did nothing

Agree completely.

But now that he is there Bailey should say - You have a 6 weeks to show me you're a committed footballer.

Otherwise...

I'm generally of the opinion that if the other person reverts to name calling, you've won the argument...

I think "moronic" was the the first bit of name calling and you "reverted" to it.

And I wasn't arguing, just stating facts.

Michael Hussey has more runs on the board that McLean. Take the glasses off Jaded.

Hussey also had more than two consecutive poor games. Regardless, it seems an odd analogy to make considering that - afaik - Hussey hasn't been dropped. Didn't he just hit 80-odd at better than a run a ball to set up a win in the first ODI?

I never even look at these threads anymore.

It's just an excuse to put:

Ins: (insert favourite players name here)

Outs: (insert players you dislike)

If we were to go by what we see here, at some point or another EVERYONE in the side is going to be dropped. And apparently replaced by Jurrah or Newton. WTF?!!!

How about, just for something completely different, we go with some truth.

Bailey will try to cling to the same list as MUCH as possible. Making wholesale changes week-in week-out not only achieves nothing in terms of winning games, but hurts the development of what we would call key players for our future. He did it last year, mostly because we were bereft of 22 AFL-ready players. We're closer this year.

The seniors will stay, because you can't field a team of 18-21 yr olds. Bruce is still one of our best players (not necessarily GOOD players), no matter what some deluded, self-centred wankers on here would tell you. Green is way too important.

The guys in their early twenties will stick around because by and large they are the ones who have shown a bit of grit. Moloney chief among them. Also Warnock.

The VERY young guys are the only ones who might have to give way, and only because nobody wants to wear them out. At the moment though, this would only happen if there was a Grimes, or when he's up and about, Maric who can slot in.

Just relax everyone. We're [censored]. We know this. Look for small victories, and stop expecting a finished product... more importantly, stop wielding the axe every time we don't win by 10 goals.

Seven changes. Really??

Jurrah does not have the tank atm nor the performance for AFL.

Newton- You're kidding.

Whelan - not fit

Valenti - Why would we elevate another one paced midfielder with limited skills. BTW, his form at Casey has been so so.

Dunn - Is a chance...but isnt instructive than in an injury riddled team Dunn cant break in. Says something about him.

Meesen - If he plays we would definitely have the worst ruck. Spencer's on a learning curve and in the 1st quarter actually gave us some really good centre clearances. PJ gave us nothing in the ruck. Overrated on this site.

Maric - If he plays a full game at Casey this week....definite.

1/7 well done!

I'd say more like 4/7 based on yesterday's performance.

Dunn, Newton, Meesen and Maric are all musts for next week.

Newton simply to contribute 2 or 3 goals.

I'd say more like 4/7 based on yesterday's performance.

Dunn, Newton, Meesen and Maric are all musts for next week.

Did you go yesterday to Casey or have you got caught up in some of the misguided hyperbole of hopeful supporters who did?

sort of agree with rhino richards. but at the end of the day, mclean is one of our only midfielders that can kick straight. our 2nd half showed how cr@p our foot skills are. Mclean could be dropped but if so then so should Morton, Jetta, Bennell and Cheney who are all missed targets time and time again. I cant wait until Watts, Maric, Blease and Strauss come in and hit a friggen target!

Midway through the last qtr MMM said that of Mcleans 14 kicks he had a 14% efficiency rate, one in the first qtr, the other the goal that rolled in from about 40 out in the last. His disposal was terrible and he is one paced, like the rest of our midfield

When was the last time Newton kicked 2 or 3 goals at AFL level? :rolleyes:

You can play him, but you run the risk of having another useless tall clogging up the bench as we once again run out of legs mid-way through the second quarter.

I'd rather play someone like Maric who can mark and kick a goal, or crumb goals off Miller/PJ/Spence/Bate/*insert name of makeshift forward*, or even push up the ground and play in the middle. That's versatility that we can use no matter which way the game is going. Newton is one-dimensional, and his one dimension has proved rather disappointing thus far.

When was the last time Newton kicked 2 or 3 goals at AFL level? :rolleyes:

Not that I'm advocating him, but he's kicked 2 goals in 3 of his last 4 outings

Out: Bennell, PJ, Bate

In: Dunn, Meeson, Newton

I can't see why people are calling for Bate to be dropped. He was impressive in the 1st quarter when we moved the ball quickly and systematically into the froward line.

The facts are that we've had a pathetically low number of inside 50s in the first 2 rounds, so whoever plays in the forward line will fail to impress.

Unless McLean is actually injured, he will not get dropped.

He's had 2 shockers, but has the runs on the board and deserves the chance to play into form and fitness. Besides, just having him there in the middle takes the best tagger away from Jonesy and Beamer, and we know how badly those two play when they are the number one target.

Out: Jetta, PJ

In: Maric, Meesen

Can't believe I'm advocating Meesen's cause, but we're paying him good money to do sweet all, and PJ is useless, so lets see what he's got.

Brogan and Lade must have started celebrating already.

By the way, lets be realistic here. There are not going to be 5 or 6 team changes, especially not in round 2 and especially if (by some sheer miracle) everyone lives to see another day. You can't go deflating a young team's confidence by dropping every second player, especially when their replacements are not much chop (or have played a grand total of zero matches).

Exactly the changes I had in mind when I opened the thread.

Having Meesen perform two weeks in a row and PJ showing that as a ruckman he is completely impotent means we must now finally see what Meesen's got. IMO Spencer has now passed PJ for the second ruck position after Jamar, and PJ and the Meese can battle it out for the third "backup" position on our list for next year (or the second spot, which is still far from set in stone).

You never know. Meesen's last few weeks at Casey have shown that maybe miracles can happen, and perhaps there is some vague possibility of him being a footballer after all. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

You know your ruck situation is dire when Mark Jamar is far and away, by the length of the Nullabor, the best ruckman on your list.

Exactly the changes I had in mind when I opened the thread.

You wouldn't look at either Dunn or Bail for Bennell. Haven't seen the Collingwood game yet, but he didn't quite look physically mature enough in the North game for me.