KB walks out on Cameron Schwab

Yencks

Just watching footy classified, apparantly Kevin Bartlett walked out of the studio when Schwabby walked in.

Did Cameron Schwab give KB the flick when he was working at the tiges or something??

Caro said, "Cameron was only 28 back then."

Just watching footy classified, apparantly Kevin Bartlett walked out of the studio when Schwabby walked in.

Did Cameron Schwab give KB the flick when he was working at the tiges or something??

Caro said, "Cameron was only 28 back then."

Yes Cam was there when KB was Sacked. KB is such a little sook even on Radio it is impossible to disagree with KB. All the Rule changes he implemented are perfect!!

Took him 16 years to return to Punt Road for a Function.. Only women hold grudges like that!!!!

Yes Cam was there when KB was Sacked. KB is such a little sook even on Radio it is impossible to disagree with KB. All the Rule changes he implemented are perfect!!

Took him 16 years to return to Punt Road for a Function.. Only women hold grudges like that!!!!

Bartlett got the bullet after the 1991 season.

CS was GM of Richmond from 1988 to 1994.

CS turned 28 in December 1991.

I didn't hear it on the radio, but if Caro knew CS's age offhand, she has gone even further up in my appreciation of her knowledge. I reckon she does a great job in a really blokey environment, and holds her own in a verbal tussle.

not called "Hungry" for nothing!!! ;)

I didn't hear it on the radio, but if Caro knew CS's age offhand, she has gone even further up in my appreciation of her knowledge. I reckon she does a great job in a really blokey environment, and holds her own in a verbal tussle.

Not really surprising that Caro knows CS's age. Their fathers Alan Schwab and Ian Wilson worked together at Richmond for some time.

Guest hangon007
Not really surprising that Caro knows CS's age. Their fathers Alan Schwab and Ian Wilson worked together at Richmond for some time.

Plus Caro the unofficial Richmond Media Spin Doctor ... she only leaks when it suits the Tigers. IMHO ... shes too close to the forest and cant see the trees.

If you want any mail on anything to do with Richmond, Caro's the person to see or hear from. Always has the inside info at Tigerland.

As for KB, life is too short Hungry, get over it. I'm tipping a young CS at 28 wouldn't have pushed KB. KB holds all those present at the time to account for what happened. Walking out on a 'radio interview' 18 years later?........come on, tsk tsk - how many coaches get the sack, anyway...

I'm more interested as to why they didn't discuss the Melb v. North game then why KB walked out on CB, or did I miss an entire segment?

No you didn't miss a segment, the match just wasn't discussed at all. Last year I thought they did a good job of mentioning at least one issue that related to each of the 8 matches of each round (sometimes not the ones that involve two interstate teams, like Brisbane v West Coast). But nothing last night about us or North.

And she would have reseached it before the show as it would have been on the run down sheet, so not that impressive at all really.

If she researched it thats impressive in itself, so many people nowadays just pick things out without any factual knowledge whatsoever

I don't find "doing your job" impressive, She should know the facts if she is agoing to comment on them, that's her job, she is a Journo.

I find her doing her job impressive, there are a lot of journos out there who are unimpressive quoting 'facts' that aren't true and are just heresay, falsifying information for the sake of a story

KB is such a little sook even on Radio it is impossible to disagree with KB. All the Rule changes he implemented are perfect!!

I hear bits of his show sporadically and I have noticed that he will never admit he is wrong, on anything. He will argue even when the reasonable person would concede. He comes across therefore as extremely arrogant.

For him to walk out on an interview in these circumstances would have him on notice if I was his employer that a repeat performance will be taken as his resignation and accepted. For a media person to put his own personal agenda before his job shows what he values more. In this case it is his hatred of all those involved in his dismissal from the Tigers Coaching job. Bugger those that may have wanted to hear him ask Cameron a few questions. He has never heard of the phrases " move on'' and " get over it".

He is to be pitied.

I hear bits of his show sporadically and I have noticed that he will never admit he is wrong, on anything. He will argue even when the reasonable person would concede. He comes across therefore as extremely arrogant.

For him to walk out on an interview in these circumstances would have him on notice if I was his employer that a repeat performance will be taken as his resignation and accepted. For a media person to put his own personal agenda before his job shows what he values more. In this case it is his hatred of all those involved in his dismissal from the Tigers Coaching job. Bugger those that may have wanted to hear him ask Cameron a few questions. He has never heard of the phrases " move on'' and " get over it".

He is to be pitied.

Dr Turf made comment of it this morning & Good old KB just Talked right over him. Its incredible how he gets away with it! I doubt schwabb had a lot to do with Bartletts Termination. I mean its not as if the tigers were winning games while "Hungry" was Coach. (Bit like now!)

See sig for my thoughts on Caro. You're welcome to join if you'd like.

FYI, Francis Leech and KB have single-handedly turned me off SEN forever (or at least until they both leave). They are both terrible in every sense of the word.

• 3 years later...

BUMP

lol... Cute ;)

The Thick is plottening !!!

Edited by belzebub59

KB should go back to his job in Luna Park .

3 balls for a dollar .

They spent "air" time talking about the most annoying ads ever yesterday .

The rest of the show is real ads .

Found this from Footystats Diary 1994. The final entry should prove interesting!

Swans second win in 38 games

Hawks to the bottom

Surprise packet Demons

ROUND FOUR – Fri-Sat-Sun, April 15-16-17: The Friday SCG encounter was a close scrappy contest between fellow-cellar-dwellers. A game riddled with basic skill errors the saving grace was a 14pt win for Barassi’s SYDNEY 11.20-86 (Minton-Connell 6) to RICHMOND 10.12-72. The 9727 fans at last saw the Swans heading in the right direction ... lacking leadership with the critical absence of both Dunstall and Langford, the Hawks were but a shadow of their former selves at the Park on Saturday as the Bluebaggers with 11.3 in the third (including five goals by MIL HANNA) in front of 30,944 were 87pt victors, CARLTON 24.16-160, HAWTHORN 11.7-73 ... 61,193 were at the MCG to watch the AFL’s early surprise packet Melbourne put the chocker on the creative talents of an injury-sapped Bomber outfit who were starved of forward opportunities, MELBOURNE 12.12-84, ESSEN-DON 9.12-66 ... at the Western Oval the Kangas retained their unbeaten record holding off a spirited last term effort from the Scraggers, NORTH 17.10-112, FOOTSCRAY 14.15-99 – 21,630 saw a 22-year -old WAYNE CAREY (NM) play an outstanding forward’s game with 6.2 and his report by the emergency umpire ... on Saturday night 32,000 packed the WACA where the Eagles scored their first win in the Perth night since 1992 as they barnstormed to a 12-goal victory over the Lions who were beyond the pace after the first break, WEST COAST 18.21-129, FITZROY 8.5-53 ... on Sunday, the expensive ALASTAIR LYNCH kicked 8.3 in his debut game (first match for nine weeks) for the Bears as they stormed home after an even first half to demolish the Saints by 53pts who were still without both Loewe and Lockett, BRISBANE 22.19-151, ST KILDA 15.8-98 to 11.640 fans ... the Crows left the Cats standing in a gung-ho final dash to 45,639 at Football Park when ADELAIDE 15.14-104 downed GEELONG 11.11-77 ...

<||> ROUND FOUR FOCUS—Three unbeaten sides reign, the Kangas, Demons and Magpies ... it was an AFL first, all four interstate-based played at home in the same round and all sides won ... 209,733 supporters provided a new record for the round, topping the 201,790 of 1992 ... Hawthorn on the bottom of the ladder for the first time since 1979s second round; before that, it was 1970 when the Hawks held the bottom (12th) rung for seven weeks from round three to nine ... Carlton’s 11.3-69 third quarter against the Hawks was equal to the Blues best in 115 outings at Waverley Park ... Adelaide ruckman BRETT CHALMERS fined $30,000 for prejudicing the 1992 draft played his debut game for the Crows ... the charge against WAYNE CAREY (NM) was withdrawn by the umpire before a hearing ...

<||> the round was a three-day television feast with 15-hours from five capitals for southern states viewers ...

<||> Carlton president JOHN ELLIOTT revealed, in company with the Melbourne City Council and the University of Melbourne, plans to build another oval in nearby Royal Park to provide another venue for cricket and thus free Princes Park earlier each year for football ...

<||> high-profile business manager MAL BROWN launched a scathing attack calling the RICHMOND board (which he works for) “negative”, “cliquey” and “tired” ...

Collingwood president ALLAN McALISTER named seven AFL clubs he thinks should merge–Hawthorn to join St Kilda, Fitzroy with Footscray and North with Richmond and Melbourne. It recalled events of 100 years ago when the Magpies proposed mergers and inclusion of Ballarat and Bendigo to the then governing VFA body, a move rejected which led to the breakaway and formation of the VFL in 1896 ...

<||> a new statewide comp involving country centres and some VFA clubs is mooted for 1996, possibly called the Victorian Football League ...

<||> Collingwood’s MICK McGUANE at Vic Park training collided with team-mate Glenn Sandford straining the lateral ligament in his right knee to sideline the star for at least a month ...

<||> the $6m giant colour video screen to sit on top of the Northern Stand will be ready in time for the MCG finals ...

<||> ABC Radio adds former Essendon great SIMON MADDEN to their expert commentary team ...

<||> TRIBUNAL—DEAN WALLIS (Ess) was suspended for three games on the misconduct of kneeing David Schwarz (Mel) in the stomach; a rugged Bomber defender, it was the third time in three years Wallis had been suspended for three matches ... ANDREW JARMAN (Ade) from video was outed two games for striking Adrian Hickmott (Gee) ...

<||> ALLAN JEANS, former St Kilda, Hawthorn and Richmond coach who has long held concern for the future of junior and grassroots football calls for the expansion of existing VSFL comp to the whole of eastern Australia embracing Tasmania and Canberra, rather than create a new statewide football league ...

<||> former captain LAURIE SANDILANDS joins the Footscray board as football development director ...

<||> In the days following the Sunday comments of MAL BROWN on Channel 9’s “Footy Show”– on Thursday, Tiger gm CAMERON SCHWAB resigned for personal reasons; that night the Richmond board sat for 4¾ hours; on Friday, four board members resigned—CLAUDE ULLIN, ERIC LEECH, MICHAEL HUMPRIS and TREVOR McGINLEY; Richmond president LEON DAPHNE while chiding Brown “for using a public forum to express his criticisms of the Board, I wanted him to stay as business manager of the club and as a consultant to the Board”...

QUOTE (Yze_Magic @ Mar 31 2009, 04:06 PM)

Here is a photo of KB taken at Punt Road when Schwab gave him his marching orders.

gollum-precious.jpg

HaHa Nice one Y M but KB would have no idea how to use a laptop-or even what it is!!

HaHa, use it, he's trying to sell it, out the car in the background.