DUAL MAJOR SPONSORS ON THE WAY

rumpole

DEMONS READY FOR NEW SEASON

MELBOURNE is confident it can lock in dual major sponsors before its first home game against North Melbourne on March 29. And the Demons are looking to replicate the boon of the Kangaroos' Grand Final breakfast by hosting an annual AFL-endorsed lunch before the start of each season.

President Jim Stynes said yesterday the club was close to finalising its sponsorship arrangements for the year ahead.

"We've had someone else jump in a few days ago to show an interest," Stynes said. "They have put up a certain amount of money. It is a little bit short, but they could well be a part of the overall deal.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a reliable source I was told a few days ago that a sponsorship deal was imminent with 2 companies in the picture. At this stage one sponsor is more desireable, "but even the second sponsorship get's you up there".

From a reliable source I was told a few days ago that a sponsorship deal was imminent with 2 companies in the picture. At this stage one sponsor is more desireable, "but even the second sponsorship get's you up there".

Stynes mentioned this on SEN a couple of weeks ago, he sais the only thing holding them up to finalise the deal was trying to work which company would take the higher level

There are doubters..there are nay-sayers and realy noone could denythem the higher ground when it comes to believing much at face value. I do however think that the ill winds that have blown our way for so long are about blow over.

Ive had my reservations about the Jimma-train as have many others and yet I went along and heard and spoke with him and the varius other names that are attempting to carve out a new era for this club. One reoccurring theme for mine is that there has been a fundamental appreciation that what ever was being done before was not working and thata clean sheet with new ideas and persectives needed to be had. This i have seen and participated in at first hand. There IS a new understanding about what can be done at the club. The initiative to seize the Opening of the season is I think a briliant ploy..many plaudits to whomever for that one. Hope it starts and builds toa real boon for the club. I must congratulate and thank the other Presdents for getting onboard.

I have often wondered why we hadnt tried to get as many sponsors at various levels as oposed to one Biggun etc. Hopefully as tris club builds upon success more will be drawn to the club and the relationships with sponsors wil be further cemented.

Great to see stalwarts as Lyon Flower and the great Barrassi getting behind this club.

There is a new momentum building...its palpable... and as more outside the clubsee it then our credibility as a legitimate member of this league increases.

believe it when you see it?

I believe I WILL see it :)

DEMONS READY FOR NEW SEASON

MELBOURNE is confident it can lock in dual major sponsors before its first home game against North Melbourne on March 29. And the Demons are looking to replicate the boon of the Kangaroos' Grand Final breakfast by hosting an annual AFL-endorsed lunch before the start of each season.

President Jim Stynes said yesterday the club was close to finalising its sponsorship arrangements for the year ahead.

"We've had someone else jump in a few days ago to show an interest," Stynes said. "They have put up a certain amount of money. It is a little bit short, but they could well be a part of the overall deal.

Why not take on the three as sponsors?

If we look after them well and deliver the benefits they should be getting for their money, they'll come back for more.

Hopefully, by then we'll be performing better on the field and getting a better allocation of free to air and Friday and Saturday night games as well to enhance the value of our sponsorships.

Also, I wonder how much the news of our proposed closer connection with the MCC has helped bring more potential sponsors to the fold?

Great to see that things are moving along. Remember people, we dont always have to be in the headlines to prove that we are moving forward. It gladdens my heart to hear that we are almost over the line with 2 sponsers (I always knew that we would get a sponser before the start of the season). True, it would be great if one sponser could give us the $$ we need - but, in our situation and whats going on the world - who cares??

Really like the idea of a MFC lunch for the season launch - get behind it AFL is all I can say! Great to see that the other Presidents are supporting it by coming along - yes, we all compete against each other, but - they want us to be strong too.

Thirdly - the news of Barrass, Flower and Lyon becoming patrons of the club is music to my ears and should be to every MFC supporter.

You will believe it when you see it as it will happen!

I dunno, I feel more confident now. But we've heard plenty of rumours so far, so I'm not getting my hopes too far up.

Me too! Although, this dual sponsorship ``rumour``seems to be gaining momentum and credibility now. The first thing I do these days when i get home from work is jump on this site in the hope that I will see a new thread with the title of ``Sponsorship confirmed`` or something along those lines. I am starting to believe it will happen now!

I'm happy hearing the rumours but for once I actually want to see MFC confirm these things.

If we accomplish the following it will go a long way to ensuring our future:

1) Confirm a dual major sponsorship hopefully for the next 4 years

2) Confirm a partnership with Casey (possibly very long term i.e. 30 yrs) which will involve a permanent summer training base with 1st class facilities and a relationship with the growing Casey community. The permanent training base is crucial, especially since Casey has a full size footy field!

3) Realign MFC as a section of the MCC

If we can confirm these 3 things, we will finnally have a home, the MCC will give us credibility that the MCG is our true home and we are a crucial part of MCG/AFL history and the sponsorship will help us stay afloat financially.

GET IT DONE MFC!

QUESTIONS- The whole bubbledome/ Olympic park training stuff really confuses me still. Is this still on the radar and what would it ideally involve? Another issue i don't get is where we'll be training during the season proper? Can anyone answer these 2 questions?

Me too! Although, this dual sponsorship ``rumour``seems to be gaining momentum and credibility now. The first thing I do these days when i get home from work is jump on this site in the hope that I will see a new thread with the title of ``Sponsorship confirmed`` or something along those lines. I am starting to believe it will happen now!

MMMMMMM how can the sponsorship deal be a rumour when it Jimma who was quoted in today's paper confirmed the story?

I know it was brought up at the summit..that is...why not garner as many sponsors as possible as opposed to all in one basket if not available.

The spaces on our chest and backs is still worth a lot of exposure to the right and forward thinking company. With a modicum of improvement the media will be all over us again. Thats a bargain for the sponsor

I know it was brought up at the summit..that is...why not garner as many sponsors as possible as opposed to all in one basket if not available.

The spaces on our chest and backs is still worth a lot of exposure to the right and forward thinking company. With a modicum of improvement the media will be all over us again. Thats a bargain for the sponsor

What makes sponsorship attractive for a commercial entity, is the fact that they align their brand EXCLUSIVELY with a team.

If there were a number of principle or major sponsors, the deal certainly doesn't look as attractive from a commercial point of view, and the level of financial input from the sponsors would be significantly lower.

The Dee's look as though they going to have two co-sponsors for the season.

Can you guess who they are? Or who you would like?

I like the comment made on Demonology in relation to the Tigers co-sponsor Luxbet. About how it sends the wrong message to younger supporters. I totally agree!

I hope 'Gamblers Help' could counter act Luxbet and sponsor us. At least we would be sending the right message to the community and our fans. I dont think a gambling agency is the way to go! Especially with Jim running the Reach Foundation. A bit of a catch 22 I think!

Two organisations I would like to see on board are;

Gamblers Help and maybe a JB Hi-Fi

I think we could offer these two organisations/companies great exposure.

Who are your two?

My information directly from an MFC director is that the final details involving dual sponsors are still being worked through but the money involved is significantly less than we'd have received from Mission Foods.

The Dee's look as though they going to have two co-sponsors for the season.

Can you guess who they are? Or who you would like?

I like the comment made on Demonology in relation to the Tigers co-sponsor Luxbet. About how it sends the wrong message to younger supporters. I totally agree!

I hope 'Gamblers Help' could counter act Luxbet and sponsor us. At least we would be sending the right message to the community and our fans. I dont think a gambling agency is the way to go! Especially with Jim running the Reach Foundation. A bit of a catch 22 I think!

Two organisations I would like to see on board are;

Gamblers Help and maybe a JB Hi-Fi

I think we could offer these two organisations/companies great exposure.

Who are your two?

Church of Scientology and Pixar

Guest JACKtheRIPPER

the racing industry is the biggest employer of people in this country,this country is run on gambling,has been since about 1850,as for gamblers help thats highly unlikely,if the club were offered a contract from a gaming venue it would be in there best interest to take it, as for my 2 picks K MART, and kentucky fried chicken, YUMMY.

What makes sponsorship attractive for a commercial entity, is the fact that they align their brand EXCLUSIVELY with a team.

If there were a number of principle or major sponsors, the deal certainly doesn't look as attractive from a commercial point of view, and the level of financial input from the sponsors would be significantly lower.

In a fashion ..I do agree,, that is.. some value may be diluted by sharing. But then it does come back to bang for buck in that instance and so a different level of return would have to be expected.

However..youre unlikley to get similar companies co sponsoring so there is still a lot of good exposure to be had for those ( whichever) companies getting on board. A clever company might get some serious mileage on the cheap ( realtively ). Their logos are still going to appear on the Club stuff.. they will still show up on the telly..etc etc.

Footy sponsorship is mostl likely about brand reinforcement of some sort. No one is ever going to use a footy jumper as the only vehicle to get their message / logo /name out

I would suppose that possibly the club would have one logo on its chest and another on its back.

Multi-sponsorships can work and do indeed work in many sports.

end of day..something is far preferable to nothing

My information directly from an MFC director is that the final details involving dual sponsors are still being worked through but the money involved is significantly less than we'd have received from Mission Foods.

That is disappointing if true.

But is it more than what Footscray's actually getting from Mission Foods?