Bruce named 'Worst on Ground' on Triple M

Yze_Magic

Bruce had his usual game, lots of uncontested possession, horribly ineffective handballs, ran hard all day long and hit the target on most occasions by foot. Was he worst on ground? Absolutely not. Was he in our best players? Absolutely not. The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

On the field he is a decidedly average leader, but he does work hard and runs all day and for that he deserves credit. His skills are average at best, which to me is the most worrying part. When your captain is not hitting targets consistently, what hope have you got? IMO he hasn't really adapted very well to the new game plan, of the senior players only Green and Wheatley have, which is why they are still getting a game and White and Yze etc... aren't.

Why does he handball SO MUCH ( and ineffectively)....doesn't kick much ( but when also ineffective) !!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does he handball SO MUCH ( and ineffectively)....doesn't kick much ( but when also ineffective) !!!!

The game plan revolves around quick ball movement, usually through a chain of handballs.

Bruce is obviously trying to stick to the game plan, but so far has shown he is incapable of doing so. His decision making by hand is terrible, as he often handballs teammates into trouble, which is incredibly poor... that's if his handballs even reach the target.

His disposal really is just not good enough for a player of his experience, and this is made worse by the fact that he's our captain. A lot of the time he'll end up gathering a huge amount of possessions and it'll leave you wondering "when did he manage to get 32 disposals, and where did they all go"? He really doesn't hurt the opposition enough, and that's also why I think he's been left on his own a lot these days, being allowed to roam the wings and win so many uncontested possessions. In the past, this was never the case!

Look ..if the guy could hit a target or at least handball with skill. He'd be bloody dangerous !! lol :lol: But more often than not he's the best bloke running around for the opposition !! He's costly to us. Its a shame really as he obviously tries hard...

Look ..if the guy could hit a target or at least handball with skill. He'd be bloody dangerous !! lol :lol: But more often than not he's the best bloke running around for the opposition !! He's costly to us. Its a shame really as he obviously tries hard...

For this reason, he's valuable to us this season, stopping US from getting too far ahead of ourselves on the ladder so to speak.

For this reason, he's valuable to us this season, stopping US from getting too far ahead of ourselves on the ladder so to speak.

you know...I hadnt looked at it that way...the guys a GEM !! :lol::lol::lol::lol::rolleyes::lol:;)

He had a better efficency than Green 71 to 68. Newton was at 30%. Sylvia was clearly WOG. The scary thing is people on this site are actually believeing this [censored] by a man blinded by his hatred for Bruce.

He had a better efficency than Green 71 to 68. Newton was at 30%. Sylvia was clearly WOG. The scary thing is people on this site are actually believeing this [censored] by a man blinded by his hatred for Bruce.

Player Name DE% Disposals

Cameron Bruce 71.05  38

Austin Wonaeamirri 69.23  13

Brad Green 68.42  19

Clint Bartram 66.67  12

Nathan Jones 65.22  23

Paul Wheatley 64.71  34

Colin Sylvia 62.5  16

Brad Miller 61.1 18

Michael Newton 30  10

Facts never get in the way

Player Name DE% Disposals

Akermanis 70 20

Cooney 70.59 17

Boyd 63.64 33

Harbrow 60 15

Hudson 57.14 14

Minson 55.56 9

Hahn 50 6

Good to see the Triple M boys have clue about footy.

Everyone who voted in the Demonland Player of the Year inclued Bruce in the votes. LOL. How predictable.

Stats mean nothing, especially when your disposal is the worst in the AFL. Must be traded at years end.

were u listening to the hole cast. he also got 1 vote for BEST on ground

Please also note that after he was given the 3 dud votes, there was a quiet mumble of "well they are a young side, i can't really give 3 to one of the kids"

It's always like that - they don't drill the kids with the 'worst' votes.

WOG is given to the person they feel most underachieves. Bruce a definite candidate here. Dont give me al lthis work-rate guff. He is very ineffectual for it all.. His disposal is more miss than hit. Ask Green how good it is..or what his ( Bruces) vision is like !! Most overated player on our list.

Absolutely. He underachieved... FOR BRUCE. He's played better games, sure... but we mark him way too harshly. He's one of only a few mature players out there. I'm not saying he played well, just that he wasn't WOG.

Take out your badge if you will......Dappa Dan, Bruce's game was average at best!

See above. Like I said, not his best work, I think even he would agree. But not WOG. And about his accountability, that's a dice that DB rolls. If you want a player to rack up 30+ touches generally his opponent will be free. When CJ ran riot against the Lions, his opponent got free a lot too. On that day, Corrie wasn't as damaging as he could have been, but it was a calculated gamble. Cam's kicking wasn't damaging enough, so we lose out in that trade-off... I don't know why people would be so ropable about it though.

1) Who am I offending, and how?

2) You have a Bruce badge? LOL :lol:

1) If we are to believe what has been written, maybe Cam himself. And as far as offending, any young impressionable demonlanders may actually get sucked into your senseless and illogical ranting. Usually it's SO far into fantasy-land that we needn't worry, but what you write about Cameron masquerades as being sensible... which, I fear, may have a detrimental effect on the reputation of one of MFC finest players of the last ten years, especially among the young uninitiated demonlanders...

So who are you offending? Me.

2) Ummm. Yeah, fair enough. I don't have ANY badges. There was a fair amount of jest in that comment.

Please also note that after he was given the 3 dud votes, there was a quiet mumble of "well they are a young side, i can't really give 3 to one of the kids"

Which begs the question of why have the 'award' at all. They could've given it to Brad Johnson or Ben Hudson if they wanted to slam someone for 'underachieving', but someone from the losing side is a far 'safer' target.

I noticed on Footy Classified last night that Cam Bruce got some votes [6 I think] from the coaches.

Probably ends this arguement right there if both coaches thought he was Melbournes best player.

I noticed on Footy Classified last night that Cam Bruce got some votes [6 I think] from the coaches.

Probably ends this arguement right there if both coaches thought he was Melbournes best player.

Yes maybe, but his opponent Boyd got over 30 possessions too. Bruce wasn't accountable. IMO he wasn't influential as he has been in the past, too many errors, and sideways, kicks. 25 handballs sums up what kind of game he had. Probably got the votes just on effort alone.

Which begs the question of why have the 'award' at all.

Interest -> ratings -> money.

What interest would there be in giving 'wog' to some kid who only got 7 touches in his tenth game? Yawn.

Far more interesting to give it to Fev when he has a dirty day, creating a talking point etc.

No lets take the word of that fat ignaramus BT over the coaches and say he was worst on ground. Whether we like to admit it or not Cam Bruce is one of the best players at the club, a long way in front of everyone's favourite, Wheatley, now called "The Pancake Maker" for his unparelled ability to turn it over by hand and foot when it's hot

Cam bashers getting totaly sick of this type of thread and others alike and whats even funnier when the coaches from both clubs give him votes no one has the balls to maybe even say gee they may know a little bit more than us average joes, shows how much we all know

Go back and have a good look at the game i am sure you will see mistakes made nearly every where not just by the man in Q

Guest unstable punt
Good to see the Triple M boys have clue about footy.

Everyone who voted in the Demonland Player of the Year inclued Bruce in the votes. LOL. How predictable.

Stats mean nothing, especially when your disposal is the worst in the AFL. Must be traded at years end.

l reckon we should trade you to demonology instead, get rid of the stupid uneducated comments

Cam bashers getting totaly sick of this type of thread and others alike and whats even funnier when the coaches from both clubs give him votes no one has the balls to maybe even say gee they may know a little bit more than us average joes, shows how much we all know

Go back and have a good look at the game i am sure you will see mistakes made nearly every where not just by the man in Q

Exactly. 2 coaches give him votes. Who here wants to put their hand up and say they know more than both Bailey and Eade? And even if you disagree with the votes, it's abundantly clear Bruce wasn't the worst on ground.

he is massively over-rated. thats why he got votes from MMM.

they give votes out for that according to the players who play miles below their reputation. bruce has a great reputation.......and yet cannot kick a footy. his action is completely [censored] up - he drops the ball from too high and at an angle. it works sometimes but you can always tell just by where his arm is if its going to hit a target or not.

he is rated highly cos he runs hard (admirable) and gets 30+ touches every week. but he is just a running link up player - no more, no less - who cant actually kick the footy that well!!