• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

AFL investigation

deegirl

Instead of taking this to court and losing (which being the Melbourne football club, we will), the club should be sitting down with the afl this week and working on a plea bargain. Loss of our first 2 picks next year, a $200k fine and a fake apology (because we all know Carlton, West Coast, Collingwood etc tanked as well)

We cannot afford a serious punishment.

Nup! let them prove it. If they have written or audio evidence of a player being told to lay down then if they produce it we are in trouble, I doubt any such evidence exists. Otherwise there is no case to answer and they can go .......

• Like 3

So the demonology supporters tell me about other stuffs she has been spot on

Sorry, I can't.

What I can tell you is that she is uniformly and relentlessly negative to the point of toxicity.

I tend not to read her posts, or to gloss over them pretty quickly. To save time, on any topic I assume the worst case scenario and move on. That's my

experience. Has she been spot on? Dunno, I will leave that to others.

Three posts since August and all three negative. Hmmmm

She (sadly) has a good track record of scoops....

if of course it the same person...but she has posted it on 'Ology as well so I am getting worried...

Edited by jnrmac

You can't fight city hall (or rather you can but you'll lose).

what utter garbage... the Law is there to serve both parties. Its particularly there to serve the transgressed.

its because people think like this that institutions get away with murder.

take the bastards on !! take anyone on.

you either fight...or youre nothing !!

• Like 2

I wouldnt want to be caught in a dark alley with some of the people here..

Ah, jeez...

I hope no-one else thinks like this.

What a subjugated, defeatist attitude.

mate if you are investigated and found guilty of a crime you can bleat all you want about your innocence, it is not going to do you any good - you might as well limit the damage. Neeld would be spitting chips, he's done nothing to deserve a big setback early in his career, and after all the carp that happened last year the bloke has copped a very raw deal indeed

• Like 3

.........mate if you are investigated and found guilty of a crime you can bleat all you want about your innocence, it is not going to do you any good .........

It will when it is clear that the process has been undermined and the evidence which would need to be led, to sustain a case to penalise, is less than efficacious.

• Like 1

If they ask us then we should say that we would be happy with Bailey getting 12 months suspension and the others two months each.

Plus we could offer up that 15 of the Melbourne players in the Richmond v Melbourne 2009 game will never play for Melbourne again. As long as we get to choose the 15 (Junior, Petterd, Bate, Newton, Bruce, Cheney, Valenti, Bartram, Rivers, Miller, Warnock, Whelan, P Johnson, Martin, Bennell).

Actually, looking at that list, we should plead insanity that we played so many NQRs in the one game (apologies to a couple on that list).

So most of you guys are happy to be thrown out of the next 4 drafts for not co-operating with the AFL.

I'd rather co-operate with the AFL and work out a penalty that won't cripple us.

We are not 100% innocent in all this.

were do you come up with 4 drafts, if they took that action the club should just hand its licence in, there not going to do that.

It will when it is clear that the process has been undermined and the evidence which would need to be led, to sustain a case to penalise, is less than efficacious.

Then we should use this to negotiate a penalty that will save our great "leader" face and minimise the effect on the Club. We dont necessarily have to turn over to win this argument. Winning in court might make MFC supporters and other clubs supporters happy but the elephant will not forget so we may win the battle but ultimately probably not the war. Triumph may taste good for only a moment. Who gives a rats what Caro and Venom print after a weak penalty is given.

• Like 1

It is interesting that on the 'ology site this is all she posted. "Just posted this on Demonland - looks like the AFL will officially charge MFC, Connolly, Bailey & Schwab with tanking."

Nothing else and no replies at all !!!!!!!

you obviously dont go to 'ology much - the second thread down is "rumour that Peter Moore and Kelvin Templeton are coming to the Dees" - not a lot of action over there

• Like 2

Great! Just the news we needed for Xmas......we haven't been torched for a while....... It's about time we got screwed in the [censored] again..... I was starting to think we were actually going to survive as a club...... It's back to the bottom with us then..... I should have know that all of the positive talk gets us no where........ [censored] the AFL..... There just the type to punish us heavily and let all the others walk free fuckin dogs!!

Hard to make out what your point is amongst all the commas. But Deegirl isn't a troll.

She doesn't bother joining in the inane day to day musing of forum posters, but when she does post its spot on.

Put the farm on it: our nuts are in a vice.

Thanks for the shout out Chook.

I'm hoping I'm wrong but thought I'd share.

mate if you are investigated and found guilty of a crime you can bleat all you want about your innocence, it is not going to do you any good - you might as well limit the damage. Neeld would be spitting chips, he's done nothing to deserve a big setback early in his career, and after all the carp that happened last year the bloke has copped a very raw deal indeed

Disagree - If you are investigated and they believe there is strong evidence then you are firstly CHARGED with a crime - you are not guilty unless you plead guilty - you have every right to defend yourself against the charges. Then if you are found guilty, you can appeal the decision.

Its not bleating - its called justice.

Now none of us know what evidence has been uncovered - if the investigators have found a manual entitled "a blueprint for not winning more than 5 games and landing a priority pick" - then you plead guilty to lessen the penalty.

All I have heard so far is lots of subjective postulating and very little concrete evidence - if there is nothing concrete then you absolutely fight it.

So to you, bring back powell and dr Gonzo - I am sure that if the club is CHARGED they will have an opportunity to weigh up the evidence and decide whether or not it is strong.

Until the investigators put their cards on the table we are all guessing but rule one - don't throw you in the towel until you know what the opposition has lined up against you.

• Like 3

Great! Just the news we needed for Xmas......we haven't been torched for a while....... It's about time we got screwed in the [censored] again..... I was starting to think we were actually going to survive as a club...... It's back to the bottom with us then..... I should have know that all of the positive talk gets us no where........ [censored] the AFL..... There just the type to punish us heavily and let all the others walk free fuckin dogs!!

how are you coping knowing that the apocalypse is only 3 days away ?

• Like 5

So most of you guys are happy to be thrown out of the next 4 drafts for not co-operating with the AFL.

I'd rather co-operate with the AFL and work out a penalty that won't cripple us.

We are not 100% innocent in all this.

Please advise what rule has been broken.

Please advise how the club broke the above rule.

The AFL may not be a court of law but it has to prove there was tanking.

If you suggest that playing Warnock and Frawley in the two forward posts was tanking because they were backmen then we tanked this year by playing Garland and Rivers forward.

There is acres between believing what happened and actually offering up incontravertible proof as to what happened.

• Like 1