Trent Cotchin

Redleg

Reported on page 11 of todays Herald_Sun that Trent and his father are not happy for him to go to WCE. Both are worried about the culture and the boy is "very" close to his family. That sounds like another bloke who has just left them. "If" Mitch Morton was cleared to Tigers and they agreed to take his brother Cale and assuming Kreuzer is pick 1, the Eagles may not risk another Melbourne boy with close ties to his family who is reluctant to go and then stay. They may take a local. If that happens guess who has the next pick?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reported on page 11 of todays Herald_Sun that Trent and his father are not happy for him to go to WCE. Both are worried about the culture and the boy is "very" close to his family. That sounds like another bloke who has just left them. "If" Mitch Morton was cleared to Tigers and they agreed to take his brother Cale and assuming Kreuzer is pick 1, the Eagles may not risk another Melbourne boy with close ties to his family who is reluctant to go and then stay. They may take a local. If that happens guess who has the next pick?

Think Richmond would be stupid to pass up Cotchin even if they really want Cale Morton.

Would be a sensational turn of events if it happened but I really doubt he'll last till pick 4. He might even go 1.

why would Richmond choose Morton, when they could get the best midfielder in the draft???

But hey, i won't be complaining if they did draft Morton and the weagles pass on Cotchin.

Either way i'm happy with Cotchin or Palmer, but i wouldn't mind Rance/Henderson either. We need to get another top 10 pick.

why would Richmond choose Morton, when they could get the best midfielder in the draft???

But hey, i won't be complaining if they did draft Morton and the weagles pass up on Cotchin.

Either way i'm happy with Cotchin or Palmer, but i wouldn't mind Rance/Henderson either. We need to get another top 10 pick.

The tiggers are very much into Cotchin. Weagles will probably draft a local.

Let's hope trade week proves fruitful.

There are reports that Mitch Morton is being traded to the Tigers. In order to lure him there, Richmond may have to pick up Cale in the draft.

IF that's true, it would be an absolute miracle for us to grab Cotchin at #4.

Keep in mind that we are dealing with Richmond here, they are not the greatest recruiting team on earth.

Would be a good reward for our rubbish season and the whole Judd saga, but it's highly unlikely.

A bit of an outsider's query here, but is it a given that Cotchin is the best midfielder in the draft?

From what I understand he had an ordinary carnival and Morton and Palmer were absolute standouts. Given that Kruezer is expected to go No.1 and you would expect West Coast to pick a WA kid given there are so many rated in the top 6-7, it would seem to depend wholly on whether the tigers decide to go with Morton or not to have along with his brother - less chance of them getting homesick if they have a brother at the same club...

A bit of an outsider's query here, but is it a given that Cotchin is the best midfielder in the draft?

From what I understand he had an ordinary carnival and Morton and Palmer were absolute standouts. Given that Kruezer is expected to go No.1 and you would expect West Coast to pick a WA kid given there are so many rated in the top 6-7, it would seem to depend wholly on whether the tigers decide to go with Morton or not to have along with his brother - less chance of them getting homesick if they have a brother at the same club...

I think he broke his leg but he apparently is the best midfielder.

people should not be too surprised if Cotchin slips to pick 3 (i doubt WCE would pass him up at number 3).

Cale Morton is extremely highly regarded. many believe that he would be a worthy number1 draft pick.

if Cale slipped through to number 4, we should be stoked that we potentially got the best player in the draft!!!

obviously would be great for Cotchin to slip through, but im hoping Cale slips to us.

all thesr reports on bigfooty about how bad cale mortons attitude is and same with his brother etc dont know if any of it is true....? apparantly the eagles won't touch morton... if so youd think theyd take the next best local being palmer

leaves us with a decision between morton, vance henderson maybe??

if Morton slipped through to number 4 i'd be disgusted if we didnt take him.

imo he would be a legitimate number 1 draft pick this year, and many agree. he is the most skillful player in the draft. at 192cm is great build for a midfielder.

simply an imposing player who would be a great asset to the team.

while Henderson and Rance are both highly rated, we should go for best available. dont just pick up the key position player bc they are key position...

best available is the way to go

He will definitely go number 2 to the Tigers

But he had a quiet Championships so maybe he could slip

I dunno, we will see

We gotta take Rhys Palmer at 4 for sure- pacey midfielder- what we need- used to playing at suby

despite needing a pacy midfielder what we badly need and haven't had for as long as I can remember is a decent Centre Half Forward (aside from Schwarz) and a decent Centre half back.

well.. I reckon we have a few who might step up to the plate at CHF.. and for me the most likely this year is Newton.

As we seem unlikley to get the ruck drafts on offer ..I would like to go for a big motored kid; some energy coming out of the middle or failing that id be a littel unconventional for the present and go looking for another Dustin Fletcher.. everyones looking for rucks etc. You can at worst play the oppsotion in this dept...but if you dont have a good FB youre well and truly stuffed. We still dont have a proper FB , Carrol is a good second up only.

Half way through the year Cotchin was thought to be in contention with Kreuzer for the first pick.

If he slips lower than two then it will be because the Tigers have organised some sort of sweet heart deal with Mr Morton and they believe that the two Morton's together are better than Cothchin by himself. If he slips lower than three it's because the Eagles will have either Masten, Palmer or Rance rated not far behind him and are worried about Mr Cotchin basically declaring that he doesn't want his son in the West... and considering the likelihood of a Victorian club holding the number one pick in the PSD in two years time, that's a very legitimate fear post Judd. He won't slip past four.

I'll bow to those with a better knowledge of juniors than me, but Palmer looks like an oversized Garry Moorcroft. I'd really like class with pick 4. Pace would be great, but not essential.

I don't know enough about Cotchin, Morton or Masten, but Ebert looks very good.

I'd pass on Palmer from what I've seen.