Welcome to Demonland: Pick 9

adonski

Just now, Roost it far said:

I can’t remember, the season is dead to me 

Same here, Roost it

The players & coaching staff will only be looking at tomorrow and they won't be looking back 

Need a decent run with injuries in so far as having our best players available

• Like 2

I just watched Ch9 news they were fixated on Weitering “Blue for Life” 7 year deal, well deserved IMO, then they were rabbiting on about Houston to Collingwood and Jones being sought by Demons in coaching role. I must have missed the Sensational Draft Trade where Lamb secured Pick 9 from Bummers??

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, DeeZone said:

I just watched Ch9 news they were fixated on Weitering “Blue for Life” 7 year deal, well deserved IMO, then they were rabbiting on about Houston to Collingwood and Jones being sought by Demons in coaching role. I must have missed the Sensational Draft Trade where Lamb secured Pick 9 from Bummers??

You probably did miss it, I've seen it covered on all the major stations. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mouseymoo said:

You probably did miss it, I've seen it covered on all the major stations. 

Thanks MM, possibly.😁

4 hours ago, Axis of Bob said:

I find it hilarious how riled up people get about the least important players on our list. 

The same way that people are getting annoyed about giving up an extra 3rd round pick or two when trading for pick 9.

No concept of value at all. 

Well clearly they have some value if they decided to include them in the trade.

It's no unreasonable to think that we could have kept a few close to our chest, a future 1st, 28 and maybe one more would have covered it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Supreme_Demon said:

I am keen to discuss who the Demons may choose with pick #9 in the 2024 AFL National Draft now that we have successfully obtained it from Essendon.

I am pleased Essendon saw this as a "win-win" deal so they have the Draft points to obtain Isaac Kako from their NGA. I highly doubt this deal would of been as straightforward under Adrian Dodoro.

With pick #9 in this Draft. I like the look of the following players.

● Xavier Lindsay - Who is an elite decision maker and excellent kick

● Josh Smillie - Who could be the next Marcus Bontempelli as a midfielder who is 194cm

● Harry Armstrong - A big powerful tall forward who is 195cm and is a strong mark and an accurate kick for goal

● Tobie Travaglia - who is a dashing half back flanker who could be the delayed suitable replacement for Michael Hibberd

Anyway, we will just wait and see who Jason Taylor will now choose with pick #9.

Agreed and Thank you for the player summaries, Xavier, we need more elite kicks (and handballers), a Bont would be too good to be true, even if he was a 3/4 Bont, would still be a massive win. Tobie as insurance on Salem not getting back to the level (this isn't fat shaming, but I think Salem is not looking well still, like he is carrying weight or fluid) I think JVR and Petty will work, so would have Harry at 4. But honestly I trust JT and the recruiting team so much. We are fine as a team for courage and contested ball, need some players to capitalize on the hard work with good linking play.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nascent said:

I'd personally have pick 9 in the team over pick 5

Pickett is suspended so we can have both.

B: Lever, May, McVee

HB: Rivers, McDonald, Salem

C: Windsor, Petracca, Langdon

HF: Chandler, Petty, Tholstrup

F: Fritsch, van Rooyen, Turner

FOLL: Gawn, Oliver, Viney

IC: Howes, Sparrow, Melksham, Pick 5, Pick 9

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Willmoy1947 said:

I am changing my mind somewhat after what happened in the GF, where i saw Grundy as being the difference in the game but i was sadly mistaken, Danaher was the pseudo Norm Smith medal winner in that game, purely on impact around the ground, in the air, and GF aggression. 

It is an interesting conjecture, you could reasonably argue that Spider Everitt being out in '97 really cruelled it for the Saints, that Keating was a factor for the Lions in '01,'02+'03, and Gawn and Jackson in '21 absolutely stretched Brisbane defensively. I would argue that Grundy not being much chop as an ariel presence is the difference in these Grand final games, that i mention. I still think that (not including where 3rd man is allowed up GFs) a strong ruck is a big part of winning a GF, more so than any regular game, because in many ways a GF becomes a slug fest, with all the emotions involved. Grundy should have had a day out, I feel very sorry for the guy, he's not a bad bloke and I hope he finds some redemption. Much as Lever did after having a shocking '17 and an ace '21.

BTW, I love Essendon so much, I wouldn't mind a F.U..... like bidding on Kako at 5, hehhehehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We will have multiple good options possibly available at pick 9 all sorts of different players available as well 

Midfielders - Smillie , Reid , Lindsay , Allen 

Talls - Armstrong , Tauru 

Small Fwd - Berry 

I wouldn’t mind us taking a risk on Taj Hotton ( was looking like a too 5 pick before his ACL earlier in the year ) 

• Like 2

So many options at pick 5 and pick 9.  The top 15 “available”. are very good quality , being mostly midfielders  but also taller types like Armstrong, Trainor, Tauru and Shanahan.  

Sam Lalor- GWV. mid/utility 

Finn O'Sullivan - Oakleigh. mid/utility

Harvey Langford- Dandenong. tall mid

Sid Draper - Sth Adel. mid 

Jagga Smith - Oakleigh. Mid. 

Xavier Lindsay - Gippsland. mid/hbf

Josh Smillie - Eastern. Tall mid. 

Tobe Travaglia - Bendigo. Running mid/hbf.

Murphy Reid - Sandringham. Mid.

Taj Hotton - Sandringham. Mid/hff

Bo Allan - WA. Mid

Luke Trainor -Sandringham.️ Tall fwd/back

Alix Tauru - Gippsland. tall fwd/back

Harry Armstrong - Sandringham. Key fwd

Jobe Shanahan - Bendigo (NSW) . Key fwd

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, DeeZone said:

Difference is ours is a pick swap, nothing exciting to most people about numbers on a screen. The other stories involve actual players.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Just spitballing through some ideas here; can we trade pick 9 for picks 5 and 4?

Ethan I imagine Perth radio is about to go into meltdown with the West Coast Carlton trade?

WTH are they thinking?

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Jibroni said:

Ethan I imagine Perth radio is about to go into meltdown with the West Coast Carlton trade?

WTH are they thinking?

they weren't. 

• Haha 3