POSTGAME: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

5 minutes ago, layzie said:

Look within 

Dalai Layzie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Plenty of one kick losses against the Roos over the years so I'll happily take the W tonight. Also because the next W might be a ways off. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm struggling with how to assess Goodwin as a coach now. Is he an outright genius for managing to find a way to get these generally soft one paced plodders to a flag? Or has he wasted the prime years of some very good footballers with a bizarre philosophy on how to defend and attack.

In 2021 we regularly had windows where we would burst out of the middle and pile on 5 or 6 goals in 8 minutes. It now looks like we're actually trying not to score.

I don't even buy that we are any good defensively. Our players get exposed any time they don't have a numbers advantage in the backline. And that goes for all of them from the experienced players to the new ones. Our 'defense' is just to attack in such a putrid and timid fashion that we always have time to try and outnumber when it comes back. At some point maybe, just maybe, we could have a go at trying to score a bit. You know in a game where the team with the most points wins it might be something worth having a go at.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

3 minutes ago, Roost it far said:

We’re playing a host of under 22’s, have Oliver hugely out of form and Petracca out. I think we’ll finish bottom 6 but your post is over the top. Currently we aren’t that good but there’s talent on the field. 

Are you surprised his posts are always over the top 

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

17 minutes ago, DutchDemons said:

Loved that tackle by Brown at the end. Our problems are mental. At least we got a win, hopefully that settles us a bit.

ie. coaching

we're boring.  we reflect goodwin.

and we're [censored].

ick...

fritsch - pathetic tonight.

kossie - can't pick the ball up to save himself. hopeless.

did chandler play?

• Love 1

16 minutes ago, BrisbaneDemon said:

We’re in such a hole, how is our forward line getting worse.

Clarry gave away 5 free kicks tonight, $1 million a year he is being paid by us, what an absolute joke.

estatic I’m going to the game next week…..

Me too, 3 hour drive up.

Feeling quite nauseous about it.

Will be in the lions members section.

• Shocked 2

4 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

At the ground we outnumbered them 3 to 1, if not more.

I can’t handle people saying ‘on the TV’ and then having a crack at our supporters. The MCG is open to all.

I couldn't afford the membership this year, certainly will be back next.

I am only commenting on what I could see and hear on the TV. That's why I asked people here on DL who may have been present at the G.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, layzie said:

Look within 

I was looking within the TV screen trying to work out what the free kicks were for.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Roost it far said:

We’re playing a host of under 22’s, have Oliver hugely out of form and Petracca out. I think we’ll finish bottom 6 but your post is over the top. Currently we aren’t that good but there’s talent on the field. 

We were ordinary but for perspective we played 6 young players tonight (I include JVR).

We are in effect in a mini rebuild or list refresh.

We probably will finish bottom 6 or 7.

• Like 1

Pretty hard to say we were soft and pathetic when the umpires were giving Norf frees for falling over .

That was the lamest Umpiring I've seen in years.

No wonder our team are playing poorly.

You can have no confidence in a game style when the guys who got rejected from the mixed netball team at the Greens Party Vegan BBQ start exercising power over actual men.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5
  • Clap 3

Hi all, not sure if this has been commented on however we did get a win coming off a bye. I haven’t seen us do that for a while.

Edited by Magnus
  • Like 3
  • Thinking 1

24 minutes ago, praha said:

We are poorly coached

Sad, but true.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BrisbaneDemon said:

So many playing bruise free footy tonight, just going at the hard ball half hearted, 5 weeks ago we lost to the blues by a point and look how far we have fallen….

Losing your best player doesn’t help.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, loges said:

I was looking within the TV screen trying to work out what the free kicks were for.

22 frees to 20.

We got bigger fish to fry Loges. Some horrible decisions in that last quarter but our performance is way off right now.

• Like 1

Highlight for me was seeing Ooze grinning ear to ear in the crowd next to Brown Snr as I knew it would trigger some tiggers and the Richmond BF board didn’t disappoint:

Poor look our coach publicly supporting his old side. Should concentrate on winning a game first.”

“It's not a good look being the face of one footy club and outright barracking for another. Fair enough I know blokes have their allegiances and attend reunions but celebrating a 3 point win for your old side against bottom of the ladder just smacks of not having the right priorities given where he's at and the season Richmond is having.”

Why was ooze at the G tonight cheering on his old team? :$

He’s no Hardwick yet , should concentrate on being a better coach.”

“Sack immediately. Bloody disgrace.:thumbsdown:

I've never liked him and wasn't happy with his appointment tbh.”

• Love 4
  • Haha 14

20 minutes ago, Maldonboy38 said:

Windsor's two stupid 50m penalties were the momentum swingers. 

Worrying last quarter.

Viney, Gawn and ANB showed outstanding leadership in the last 5 mins.

Not sure what was in Kozzie's head tonight but he looked timid and disinterested

A LOT of youth tonight - Kolstrup, Brown, Turner, Howes, Windsor. Kolstrup showed a bit.

We were thinking it would be an improvement to have hunter's nous back and rest Caleb.

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, wizardinoz said:

Losing your best player doesn’t help.

Plenty of other teams have lost their best player and still been competitive.  Look at our forward pressure over the past 5 weeks, opposition teams just stroll out now under zero pressure, out of the bottom 15 players on the field tonight 10 were Melbourne against a team that has won one game this year.

Our only genuine forward JVR and when left takes a grab, why is he wasted in the ruck! Oliver is no were near it, Langdon not sure what he does anymore. The continue fumbles and kicking fwd with 2 v 1, too dlow and why players don’t attack the free space in front of them, Fritsch needs a rocket. msking up number if they play finals & will get flogged vs the lions 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, P-man said:

Highlight for me was seeing Ooze grinning ear to ear in the crowd next to Brown Snr as I knew it would trigger some tiggers and the Richmond BF board didn’t disappoint:

Poor look our coach publicly supporting his old side. Should concentrate on winning a game first.”

“It's not a good look being the face of one footy club and outright barracking for another. Fair enough I know blokes have their allegiances and attend reunions but celebrating a 3 point win for your old side against bottom of the ladder just smacks of not having the right priorities given where he's at and the season Richmond is having.”

Why was ooze at the G tonight cheering on his old team? :$

He’s no Hardwick yet , should concentrate on being a better coach.”

“Sack immediately. Bloody disgrace.:thumbsdown:

I've never liked him and wasn't happy with his appointment tbh.”

We'll take him back.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 2

Given how badly we are playing at the moment, happy to watch us fall over the line for the win. Not going to get many more on form. I am actually a little optimistic that we might actually start seeing our form turn around. 

I loved Rivers getting some midfield time, hope Judd gets a go further up the ground at some stage this year too. 

• Like 3