PREGAME: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

On 14/06/2024 at 15:52, DeeSpencer said:

We can do worse than Petty and Disco, hence why they're getting games. Brown can't move and Fullarton is scared of contact.

You must be watching different Casey & Seniors games to me DS

Brown yes until last week.  That's not.to say he is good to go for seniors either.  We don't have all the intel the club has.

Fullo was fine in both roles and certainly didn't play scared.  Did he look to protect himself in some ruck contests where the bounce meant he had little chance of getting a tap to advantage and instead probably going to get crunched by a much bigger bodied oppo ruck?  Of course.

I'm not sure we could do worse than Petty & Disco unless you and i lined up as replacements.

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

If we lose:  "Sack the coach".  "Burn the joint down".  "I'm cancelling my membership".  "Wooden spoon".

If we win:  "It was only North".  "Should have won by more".  "Do it against a good team".  "Sack the coach".

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 7
  • Clap 2

On 14/06/2024 at 15:39, DeeSpencer said:

Some of our best form this year - the come back against Carlton, the St Kilda win, has come because Langdon has gone to half forward with ANB going on ball. 

BBB has played in 6 games for 7 goals, including 2 goals in his last 3 games with an average of 4 touches.

Since he was inexplicably picked for the quick back up against the Crows he's been about as useful as a big red witches hat on the field.

He can come back in, he'll soon go back out.

Our best in form wins came against Port Adelaide, Hawthorn and Western Bulldogs.

Can't count St Kilda as a one of our best wins lol. They're absolutely crud..

No coincidence that BB played alright in those games where we had blokes like ANB and Langdon playing their natural position. 

• Like 3
  • Clap 2

2 hours ago, jumbo returns said:

Time to start a new thread.....

'If we lose to the Shinboners, I will.......'

Relax...We've got this

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Our best in form wins came against Port Adelaide, Hawthorn and Western Bulldogs.

No coincidence that BB played alright in those games where we had blokes like ANB and Langdon playing their natural position. 

Early in the year when Viney and Oliver looked somewhat like themselves and Tracc was covering the ground well sure. But since then we’ve desperately needed ANB on ball, and without him forward Langdon has been our best connective forward in a team desperate for that player. The saints were trash but we controlled that game and eventually put in on the scoreboard and Langdon had the second most score involvements.

No doubt the best version of BBB is a good player but we’ve seen for 2.5 years now he starts the year well, cops an injury and each time he comes back after that he’s good for a game or a half at most. 

With the season all but done I’d much rather keep trying more new things that go back to Brown and players locked in to one set role.

• Like 1

Absolutely terrible we can't beat a weaken pies team and yet norf will. The Doggies smash Freo however we get smashed by them. I would be asking questions now not next week if we lose.

• Thinking 1

29 minutes ago, Demonsone said:

How can Nth find away to kick 8 in the 1st qtr vs our so called A graders who couldn’t kick any .. lose next week and serious questions on Goody and co 

Not sure we have any A graders in our wds line.  A Larky would be very nice

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

If we are not going to play Fullarton then Brown should be in next Saturday. Played well in the Ruck did not seem to carrying any injuries, he ran around a lot and kicked goals from distance. I guess so he should but he was  the best forward / ruckman last weekend. 17 disposals.

• Like 4

Jeez, I hate Collingwood. Though there are many reasons why, one is paramount: they show all the spirit that our club doesn't. Yeah, I hate them cause I'm envious.

We have to come together as a club and demand that our players play with guts week in week out, or go somewhere else. 

Edited by Grr-owl
  • Thinking 1

2 hours ago, Demonsone said:

lose next week and serious questions on Goody and co 

Serious questions already should be asked.  Lose next week and we can kiss finals goodbye for 2024.  We have a tough draw and can see us winning 3-4 more games only at this time.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Serious questions already should be asked.  Lose next week and we can kiss finals goodbye for 2024.  We have a tough draw and can see us winning 3-4 more games only at this time.  

these prognostications are impossible to make in 2024 imo

the season is just all over the shop, sydney being outstanding aside

• Like 3

Just now, whatwhat say what said:

these prognostications are impossible to make in 2024 imo

the season is just all over the shop, sydney being outstanding aside

Our style of play is haphazard at best.  It’s not the results so much but the horrible skills and overhandballing and lack of forward craft. Defence has held us only so far.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

We aren't playing finals this year short of a miracle.  3/4 wins doesn't cut it..  5 is iffy..  6 to be sure.  Who seriously sees us winning 6 games from here on in ? Always possible......but truthfully unlikely.

I've witnessed Melb revivals but we had a fighting team... playing full tilt...and turned tge tables.  Is this now ?  Computer says no.

Need to  just play to our best long term interests.  Forget 24 imho

• Like 2