PREGAME: Rd 10 vs West Coast

43 minutes ago, M_9 said:

That’d be my tip. Fullarton ahead of BBB only because he can give Max a chop out. Whilst I’ve seen BBB take a handful of ruck contests inside 50m he ain’t capable of rucking outside the arc.

Fullarton is a very tall HFF not a second ruck doesn't play physical enough from what I watched at Casey. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Bench : Fullarton Salem Sparrow Bowey

sub Woey

I think BBB instead of Fullarton but otherwise think this will be the lineup. 

BBB was emergency last week so I think they’ll play him, and I think if Fullarton was in for his club debut they’d name him and do the announcement (but maybe not..)

• Like 3

I can't see the wisdom in playing McAdam underdone and off a long plane flight. Why not give him another week at Casey and an MFC debut at the MCG next week? At this point the smart money would have him getting injured some time in the third quarter.

Surely Brown has to play, but our ruck stocks remain critically thin. Bad luck if Gawn falls apart under the strain of carrying this team every week.

Salem should be sent to Casey for a couple of weeks before being considered at AFL level. The risk of playing both he and McAdam lacking in match fitness would be off the charts.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, M_9 said:

That’d be my tip. Fullarton ahead of BBB only because he can give Max a chop out. Whilst I’ve seen BBB take a handful of ruck contests inside 50m he ain’t capable of rucking outside the arc.

Ok u would have a NQR anything over a proven Forward who CAN Take a Ruck contest.. and ah did I say PREMIERSHIP PLAYER??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deelectable said:

Who plays wing? Hunter completely out of favour.

Woey's played a fair chunk on the wing for Casey.

Very suited and this week is a great opportunity for us (and him) to see what he can bring between the arcs as well as that last kick inside 50.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, poita said:

I can't see the wisdom in playing McAdam underdone and off a long plane flight. Why not give him another week at Casey and an MFC debut at the MCG next week? At this point the smart money would have him getting injured some time in the third quarter.

Surely Brown has to play, but our ruck stocks remain critically thin. Bad luck if Gawn falls apart under the strain of carrying this team every week.

Salem should be sent to Casey for a couple of weeks before being considered at AFL level. The risk of playing both he and McAdam lacking in match fitness would be off the charts.

Good opportunity to ease McAdam back into AFL footy against a weaker defence. He will be cherry ripe for next week. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, picket fence said:

Ok u would have a NQR anything over a proven Forward who CAN Take a Ruck contest.. and ah did I say PREMIERSHIP PLAYER??

BBB can take a ruck contest. No argument. Is he fit enough to play as a ruckman for the 10% of game time Max is in the bench? I wouldn’t have thought so. Furthermore, as I said elsewhere, I doubt this will be the only time we’ll be missing one of our two ruckman. Max injured? JVR injured or reported (again)?

10 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

i wouldn't have thought the game's 'intensity' has any bearing on a player's propensity to copping a hamstring strain but @Webber is more likely to know

Not intensity so much as accumulated load at high speed. Either way, if he’s completed rehab and ticked all the boxes, risk is minimised for ANY game type. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Cranky Franky said:

Yep you were right & I end up looking like a goose 

Mind you his selection totally contradicts Goody's earlier comments that McAdam would not play until he had several Casey games under his belt.

Let's hope this works out better than the Petty or Bowey returns when they were clearly underdone.

As he says in the presser, Shane gets his go because of injuries. ie we wouldn't have played him yet were it not for JVR and Turner being out.

3 hours ago, poita said:

So much to unpack, so little time (and patience).

Max is “carrying this team EVERY WEEK”? Max puts in a Herculean effort every week and is the best ruckman and captain in the league, but he’s not out there alone. What an insult to the other players.

McAdam is underdone? He’s lacking match fitness? And you know this for a fact exactly how?

Salo should be sent to Casey for a couple of weeks because he’s not at AFL level? Yes, I know, you’re entitled to your opinion, but it’s a [censored] opinion and that’s my opinion to which I’m also entitled.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Shocked 1

Posted (edited)

Lever may McVee 

Bowey Tmcd Rivers 

Woey Viney Windsor 

Sparrow Petty ANB 

KOZZZY BBB?  Fritsch 

Gawn Trac Oliver 

Int.  Salem Billings. Howes. Mcadam 

sub. Chandler (to manage him) 

Likely BBB comes in 

Ins. Salem.  McAdam.  BBB 

Emergency.  Kolt. 

Edited by spirit of norm smith
Xxx
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, layzie said:

Says a lot for where Hunter is at right now if he's not even in the frame.

Agree.  Got the footy last week v blues afl but was slow user and often looked undecided.  Maybe a lack of movement ahead of him but he should kick to the players ahead or to space for forwards to lead into.  Langdon out.  Thought I’d bring Hunter back but can see Taj Woey playing in that wing.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It will be dry for the game

petty fritch Gawn bbb Fullarton petracca and Mcadam all have good hands and will dominate the air fwd with the right supply 

defence is settled

Edited by dino rover
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dino rover said:

It will be dry for the game

petty fritch Gawn bbb Fullarton petracca and Mcadam all have good hands and will dominate the air fwd with the right supply 

defence is settled

Goody doesn’t put a new player for us in without announcing it first.

On that basis I don’t see Fullarton playing, unless a tall was a late out.

I was very impressed with Woey’s cameo against Carlton.

He got plenty of it and his disposal was perfect.

Hopefully he can get a run at it and become a best 23 player. He is reasonably versatile.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 5

22 hours ago, Young Angus said:

Keen as to see McAdam get in the side, reckon he will do alright!

He does have credentials that may well suit our gameplan and also, to fill a steadied need in this variable forward line.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, poita said:

I think we've rushed back some players this year when they should've played VFL.

Spargo played round 0 off no pre season game minutes and that turned out terribly.

Bowey was poor last week and should've returned via Casey. Eight weeks off is a long time to get back up to speed, particularly in a high stakes top 4 kind of game.

I'm on the fence on whether a 4 week absence for Salem is considered a lack of match fitness. If it is then, playing he and McAdam probably isn't the wisest of moves as you pointed out.

We'll miss Langdon's run.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, CHF said:

Good strong team named but still difficult to select the IC and sub from what ha been named.

There are a lot of ways that the team could be structured and it might be hard for WC if they are looking to react to our selections. I would have thought that Bowey and Sparrow are definite for the IC along with one of Salem, Woewodin or Tholstrup for the bench and one of the other two for Sub. That would leave one bench position for one of the talls. 

Damned if I know what way they are going to go.

Whoever they name I want to see a much better performance in the first half of this game then the team ha delivered in the last few weeks.

Expecting a win but never count my chickens supporting this team.

Go Dees!

However, I'm sure yours do @WalkingCivilWar!

Pics?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

However, I'm sure yours do @WalkingCivilWar!

Pics?

Well, now that you’ve asked, it would be impolite of me to not oblige…

46026EBB-82BF-430E-A52A-1E3B10B8DD16.thumb.jpeg.127f78580094fcf5142e18f5fd4a8a36.jpeg

From left to right…

Back row: Jed or Harry

Front row: Roo, Melksy, Harmesy, Jed or Harry

A4087FA7-22F8-406D-AF93-D1F76234BA95.thumb.jpeg.d1facbd065f6f661f50096057f49172b.jpeg

Jed or Harry

9BDA0188-B2E5-4420-B699-E323F0077A47.thumb.jpeg.d924ab8bf538619b611fa6dcb72a4a4b.jpeg

Jed AND Harry, or Harry and Jed.  (the only time they don’t have tunnel-vision having scratched and pecked in long wet grass which leaves their afros clumped).

You’re welcome 😁

• Thanks 1
  • Love 3
  • Vomit 1

11 hours ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

Very surprised that with Langdon out we have ignored Lachie Hunter. Worried about covering Langdon’s run. He is a workhorse. Love positive Lingers..hope he is ok

Could always shift ANB for portions of the game I guess

• Like 1

Huge week for Laurie and Woey.  Likely they'll both get a significant step up in game time.  Its pretty hard on young kids to constantly be cameo performers so we'll get a real assessment of where they are at.  Hard, dry ground should suit both players so really keen to see them beat their opponents. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Well, now that you’ve asked, it would be impolite of me to not oblige…

46026EBB-82BF-430E-A52A-1E3B10B8DD16.thumb.jpeg.127f78580094fcf5142e18f5fd4a8a36.jpeg

From left to right…

Back row: Jed or Harry

Front row: Roo, Melksy, Harmesy, Jed or Harry

A4087FA7-22F8-406D-AF93-D1F76234BA95.thumb.jpeg.d1facbd065f6f661f50096057f49172b.jpeg

Jed or Harry

9BDA0188-B2E5-4420-B699-E323F0077A47.thumb.jpeg.d924ab8bf538619b611fa6dcb72a4a4b.jpeg

Jed AND Harry, or Harry and Jed.  (the only time they don’t have tunnel-vision having scratched and pecked in long wet grass which leaves their afros clumped).

You’re welcome 😁

That second shot looks like Fritta with dyed BLOND HAIR😁

• Haha 2