• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

What they are saying at Arden Street

The latest update from Norf.  Whisky drinkers please take your discussion elsewhere.

First the Optimists

Same, first Tassie game ill have attendeded. I've got a good feeling about this week…

I give us a sneaky chance against the scum next week.

…there is always a chance Melbourne try a few different looks that give us some breathing room for the boys to get a roll on and make a fist of it.

We’re due a surprise win, go Roos!

A hint of masochism.

Ill be tuning in because I’m a ******* [censored]

I'm heading down with a couple of Go Dees siblings. Expect this will be like a root canal without sedative

Fortunately I won’t be anywhere near a tv at that time. Otherwise I’d be tempted.

I’d rather be in a gulag in Siberia than watch a minute of this game.

Acceptance of the inevitable

I’ll be 200ks off the Qld coast fishing. No phone/TV service, boat doesn’t have Fox thankfully. Wonder what I can plan for the remainder of the year?

With last week's game I reckon we're all back to being the husks we were during that streak last year. Which means every goal will basically feel like a win. Woohoo

This playing group is ripe for a belting.

I reckon it’s gonna get ugly and early.

May, lever and Tomlinson are going to destroy larkey and get a intercept mark record

I'm not sure another beating is going to do a lot in terms of confidence. 

40 points is just about party time territory.

Forward thinkers or fantasists ? (with a whiff of nostalgia )

Would both Grundy and Brown be gettable?

My childish dream is BBB coming home.

People may laugh but he'd be a better support for Larkey than an unavailable Charlie Comben or CCJ.

Strongly agree. Understood the circumstances but hated him leaving.

Opportunity for Grundy to get to know his new team mates next year?

A  tone  that maybe familiar to Demonlanders

Dawson still no go even after he was very good in vfl. Must be banging someone's daughter

Anyone that pays attention to where people are named on the field is an [censored]. People who actually have the ability to pay attention know we do stupid things like name Powell at CHB.

One change after that s**t show.. really?.

Maybe we need a flogging for changes to occur

Lose to the worst side in the competition... NM selection - nothing to see here... all is well.

I know there’s nobody knocking the door down but jfc how is Turner still getting a gig?

Turner, they are taking the [censored]

Silver lining of the club treating selection as a joke is that we can, free of guilt, do the same with the game

This club is a joke. Really lost me at the moment.

It's just not clear what the club is looking to achieve in the short or medium term with recent selection decisions or the message they are trying to send to members.

I hope they get their selection s**t in order next week, because we are a chance to win against another bottom 6 team at home.

When Kayne was selected last week, my first thought was that we're tanking.

Zero selection integrity at this club and its been that way for years, really starting to s**t me.

Another week of baffling selections. We’re either tanking or taking the absolute [censored].

It seems a notable Demonlander has some influence in the Norf camp !!!!

So I'm left stewing, taking the positives as they come, and resetting next year after they've hopefully had the fear of Beelzebub struck into them during preseason

@beelzebub

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

8 hours ago, Left Foot Snap said:

Is it bad for the stereotype that I agree with old about brandy? (Well cognac actually).

True, but I've found St.Agnes are producing some great drops locally, Snap.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Hey guys, take the discussion of libations to "NoTSNoBS" thread. 

Geez, give a fella some authority and he goes all hard core, my way of or the highway, rules are there to be followed.

:goody:

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

give us a sneaky chance against the scum next week.

…th

My goodness. No club has classier supporters than the Mfc. It's well established. I mean where else do footy threads end up being about wine and whiskey?

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, binman said:

Geez, give a fella some authority and he goes all hard core, my way of or the highway, rules are there to be followed.

:goody:

Hey ! I'm a reformed man Bin!

No bans or points since ...... well ... last year and what goes on with the female domestic at The Manor - stays at The Manor. (Mostly)

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Thinking 1

16 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Hey ! I'm a reformed man Bin!

No bans or points since ...... well ... last year and what goes on with the female domestic at The Manor - stays at The Manor. (Mostly)

Got any home happy snaps or vids

“I'm heading down with a couple of Go Dees siblings. Expect this will be like a root canal without sedative”

I’ve noticed us being referred to as “Go Dees” as opposed to just “Dees” by North supporters in this thread. This must be a thing. 🤔

4 hours ago, Mel Bourne said:

That’s a decaf. 

I bought a coffee at the ‘G last Sunday (only coz there’s no 7/11 there) and the guy next to me ordered a double shot decaf! He said it’s for his dad who has trouble sleeping at night and he thinks double decaf means twice the chance of a good night’s sleep. 😳

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Talisker is my clan whiskey and from loyalty to the fine folk of Skye, is difficult to sidestep when buying a bottle of scotch. 

Talisker was my first introduction to whiskey.  Travelled all the way to the furthest point of the mainland but didn't take the ferry to Skye.  You can taste the sea in every bottle, delightful!

5 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

My goodness. No club has classier supporters than the Mfc. It's well established. I mean where else do footy threads end up being about wine and whiskey?

Well, having arrived in Tassie and encountered Dees fans at wine tastings, we have rather earned the stereotype!

• Haha 1

On 8/4/2023 at 9:43 AM, layzie said:

My brother is in Japan right now. Might have to put in an order! 

Layzie if you/your brother need recommendations, then buy downtown (BIC Camera, etc) not airport, go NAS, and mid-range [censored] or Suntory. Probably $50-70 gets you something very good which is overpriced $100-$270 here. [censored] Coffey Grain or Malt, Hakushu, Hibiki Harmony are all winners in increasing yumminess to my palette if you can find them. 

Great for sipping neat when watching the mighty Dees play away (to bring this back to the footy). 

Kanpai 🥃 ❤️ 💙 

image.png.1cf8d41b3297b7618290933e52444b37.png

name was censored 🤬 

Edited by demosaw
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, demosaw said:

Layzie if you/your brother need recommendations, then buy downtown (BIC Camera, etc) not airport, go NAS, and mid-range [censored] or Suntory. Probably $50-70 gets you something very good which is overpriced $100-$270 here. [censored] Coffey Grain or Malt, Hakushu, Hibiki Harmony are all winners in increasing yumminess to my palette if you can find them. 

Great for sipping neat when watching the mighty Dees play away (to bring this back to the footy). 

Kanpai 🥃 ❤️ 💙 

name was censored 🤬 

Second the Hibiki!  Always think N i k k a will be nicer than it actually is, but haven't tried the coffee malt so maybe that's my next order

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DeelightfulPlay said:

Second the Hibiki!  Always think N i k k a will be nicer than it actually is, but haven't tried the coffee malt so maybe that's my next order

Yes. For those watching from home it doesn’t taste like coffee, it is Coffey after the genius who invented the continuous still.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, demosaw said:

Some would say evolved.

Perhaps, MFC supporters have a multi-generational genetic advantage?

• Thinking 1

3 hours ago, demosaw said:

Kanpai 🥃 ❤️ 💙 

name was censored 🤬 

Sister in law lives in Osaka and brought me a couple of bottles of Suntory old whiskey over, $19 in their supermarkets, it’s absolute mothers milk! Highly recommend 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DemonWA said:

Talisker for me

Although if I'm going to nurse a fair few,  a good speyside malt like the Balvenie is hard to go past 

Ding ding

FINALLY someone mentions the whisky they drink in heaven, Balvenie

With other speysides served in the queue

though yamaziki is excellent

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I bought a coffee at the ‘G last Sunday (only coz there’s no 7/11 there) and the guy next to me ordered a double shot decaf! He said it’s for his dad who has trouble sleeping at night and he thinks double decaf means twice the chance of a good night’s sleep. 😳

I drink strong decaf myself. You’d be surprised how good decaf is these days. As for 7/11 coffee!!!! Are you sure you’re a Melbourne supporter?

• Haha 1