PREGAME: Rd 20 vs Richmond

Demonland

Sheesh.. Poor Luke Dunstan. 

Gets 40 plus disposals in the twos and still can't get a gig when a inside mid goes out.

Seriously stiff.. might as well pack his bags and go play suburban footy.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Gets 40 plus disposals in the twos and still can't get a gig when a inside mid goes out.

Harmes is still a better player and more versatile. 
But yes Dunstan is stiff. Was a poor decision from him to come to us. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I had exactly the same thought. The bloke can't get a game with Oliver and Sparrow injured despite being the best midfielder for a long time at Casey. Harmes has been poor this year,  pretty annoyed at the selectors.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Interesting bench.

Petty, Woewodin, Harmes?

One of McVee or Hibberd you would suspect.

Smith for sub again.

Think spargo makes us too small and if Petty is in I can't see Grundy being brought in just yet.

Interesting that Laurie was carry over emergency and not named on the extended bench, they probably want to give him a full game at Casey again for fitness reasons.

On 7/26/2023 at 1:19 PM, monoccular said:

layzie - are you using that name as a pseudonym and your real name is Roget?

If he really was lazy, he wouldn’t have spelt his name with any more letters than was absolutely necessary

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

I went to see the Casey game live.

Was not particularly impressed with harmes' game. His effort was good, but I thought he had very little impact.

Dunstan was not only prolific, he was more damaging than harmes.

If I was doing the selecting, I would def have selected him ahead harmes. 

• Like 16

5 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Why. He wasn't getting a game with the Saints, and look how much of a basket case they've been. He could still easily fit into another team (Nth or WCE or Adelaide). And look at all he would have learnt over the past few years. I don't think it was a wrong choice, plus we are still paying better than the Amo's

Grundy won’t come in. Without Nankervis Max will Yum char all game. 

• Like 2

Petty has to play. As a forward. 5 games left get him used to it again. Grundy is not a forward. 

Oh and by the way we have bloody Nicholls as the umpire again this weekend. I have this dreadful feeling my nightmare is going to come true. Yuk.

• Sad 1
  • Vomit 2

2 minutes ago, binman said:

Was not particularly impressed with harmes' game. His effort was good, but I thought he had very little impact.

I don’t necessarily disagree, but I think the FD clearly doesn’t rate him and they like that Harmes, like Sparrow, can play mid and half forward. I think we are a little too one dimensional with Viney, JJ, Dunstan and Gus playing inside. Harmes is a bit more explosive, even tho I don’t rate his season at all. 

Dunstan is clearly only rated by the coaches as a clearance player. He’s only ever played when Viney was injured if my memory serves me. 

• Like 3

Binman I saw one contest with Harmes on the half backline against Coburg. It was a marking contest from a kick in and he just stood there and watched the ball being marked by a Coburg player.

He never even bothered to get into the contest. He’s playing lazy footy at the moment.

I would reward Dunstan for the loss of Sparrow.

7 minutes ago, binman said:

Edited by OhMyDees
  • Like 2

Brown omitted. You’d have to say that’s that for Brown.

Petty or Grundy or JVR. Much of muchness as forwards, Petty the better contested mark, Grundy the better back up ruck (lol), and JVR the best pack breaker and future of a club.

Pick two of them and cross your fingers.

And tell them to get out of the way of CP5, Fritsch, and Kozzie…

• Like 3

I'm hoping the ins are Petty and Hibberd.

Would like to see Rivers rotate through the middle more to backfill some of Sparrows time. Hibberd to cover more of Rivers role.

Pleased to see Tomlinson not omitted. Means Petty will play forward and they will hopefully see how it looks over the next few weeks.

I hope Smith stays sub as Mr. Versatile. Spargo to keep pressing to try to force Chin out but I liked the balance of smalls we had last week in the forward half, especially if Trac continues to spend more time there.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Roost it far said:

Anyone know the severity of Sparrow’s injury?

After training today, Tom experienced some tightness in his calf and pulled up a bit sore," GM of AFL Football Performance Alan Richardson says.

"Unfortunately he will miss this week's match. We do, however, expect him to be back and available for selection next week."

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

After training today, Tom experienced some tightness in his calf and pulled up a bit sore," GM of AFL Football Performance Alan Richardson says.

"Unfortunately he will miss this week's match. We do, however, expect him to be back and available for selection next week."

Cheers, sounds minor hopefully stays that way 

Edited by Roost it far

16 minutes ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

Thought BBB a bit harsh, was good for 2.5 qrts

If Smith in, we lose dynamic Sub, if Petty we need to watch him try to wrestle the back under the ball. If Grundy, potentially good 🤞

Tomlinson had a pretty good game... therefore expecting him to be dropped 🤦‍♂️

Tomlinson is named on the ground, the players to miss out will be on the extended bench 

• Like 2