GAMEDAY: Rd 11 vs Walyalup

Demonland

5 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Should win today.

I would like to see McDonald really have a presence today. I just remember Brown and Weideman were non existent last time we played them at the G. I'm going to back him in for a big one today.

Petracca and Viney to really stand up and show that no Oliver, no worries.

Max had an absolute stinker. Rarely does this two weeks in a row.

Kozzie to get back into form starting today.

Won't be watching the footy as I'll be kicking the dew off at 2pm so hoping for some good news once I open my phone again at 4:45pm.

Often Should haves become Would haves if they Could haves.

We Should.

Should have last year too

Nothing to be taken for granted 

• Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Boots and all said:

I have a feeling that Viney will have a huge, match winning game today. Without Oliver it just seems set up for the unleashing of our ballistic missile!!

That’s right, isnt it?! Viney steps up when required -a champion.

• Like 8

Not entirely thrilled with the ins and outs, but if we can get our structures right and stop their clearances and fast run, we should win.  I hope it gives us a good ‘preview’ of how to play the Pies, since they have reverted strongly to this way of playing (Fast).

Jacko to have a good one (but not too good).  Hoping for better setup around bounces etc.

• Like 1

I’m not going to write the season off if we lose but I will be disappointed if we look too short down back and/or if TMac and JBR struggle. 

No Oliver hurts badly but we covered well for Gawn and I’ll back Harmes and Sparrow in to give us good cover today.

• Like 4

Our handballing, tackling and F50 crumbing has to be sharper today. These three things have hurt us for most of this season and it would be great to see some improvement for a Saturday arvo game.  Freo are very good at ground level so we can't let them mop up easily at our half forward, and surge forward.

Our mids have been kicking goals, but our forwards have been in a slump. I reckon Fritsch & Kozzie are due a big one.

Dees by 15

• Like 1
  • Clap 1
  • Thinking 1

I’m looking forward to this with nervous anticipation.   Really keen to see how the new midfield mix looks and works in Clarrie’s absence, and who of our ‘lesser lights’ can stand up when needed.  I’d love to see see Spaz announce himself with a four quarter ‘breakout’ game. He has what it takes, he just needs to deliver.  If not Spaz, then Riv as a genuine mid.
Dees to have their noses in front in a tight one.

Edited by Deeoldfart
Typo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Wells 11 said:

I love the Narrm concept and that we led the league with this… but we have a [censored] record with that as our name. Have Narrm won a game yet? MFCSS rising … this is big game. 

NFCSS

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Clap 3

9 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:
12 minutes ago, Demonstone said:

Odd time for a reserves game to be starting!

Ok

"KIcking the dew off" is a classic old footy saying that refers to the first match of the day, usually in the morning, when the grass is still dewy from overnight.  I wasn't impugning your footballing talent.  :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, old dee said:

I have a wager with a friend that at least once today May will kick in to the right. I am on No

Watched many games this year OD?

I fear you have pulled the wrong rein.

25 minutes ago, Demonstone said:

"KIcking the dew off" is a classic old footy saying that refers to the first match of the day, usually in the morning, when the grass is still dewy from overnight.  I wasn't impugning your footballing talent.  :D

The fog up here will be lucky to be cleared by 3pm today.

No joke.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

We lost the game last year due to losing both May and Petty around half time, at which point we were comfortably in front. We’ll be fine this time around.

Im hoping we have a solid win which will feed the confidence nicely for a belting of the bluebaggers next Friday night. Sets us up nicely for the KB game.

1 hour ago, BDA said:

How’s the head this morning?

not great mate

mates leaving doo from work. put in 24 years. fear we may have downed the same amount in beers

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Vomit 1