What they are saying at Waverley Park Drive

Demon_spurs

1 hour ago, Jaded No More said:

Frost used to give me nightmares. I still very occasionally watch Hawks game and experience elevated heart rate when I see him near or with the football. 
Russian Roulette. 

A Hawks friend told me in his first year there that he thought Frost was a clever player to which I replied that he was about as clever as a giraffe that escaped from the zoo.  

Edited by layzie
  • Haha 6

21 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

With all the booing debate, will be interesting if Frost gets booed this week by us fans.

He certainly has in our recent meetings.

Why the hell would you boo him? WE traded him, and ended up with a FAR better FB who is playing his 200th this week. Is any Melbourne supporter really upset that he isn't on our list anymore? 

Save your energy for the ROOOOOOOO please.

Edited by Jaded No More
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 5
  • Love 1
  • Clap 5

1 hour ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

With all the booing debate, will be interesting if Frost gets booed this week by us fans.

Wasn’t trading him to the Hawks punishment enough?

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

I hope not Frosty is a bit of a hero to my family particularly when he moved to Hawthorn.!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, DeeZone said:

I hope not Frosty is a bit of a hero to my family particularly when he moved to Hawthorn.!!!

I still have a #17 guernsey that I occasionally wear. I say it’s for Bowser but the old iselect logo gives it away. 😁

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

Why the hell would you boo him? WE traded him, and ended up with a FAR better FB who is playing his 200th this week. Is any Melbourne supporter really upset that he isn't on our list anymore? 

Save your energy for the ROOOOOOOO please.

I don't boo anyone and that included Scully in peak 2012/2013 days and I certainly won't be booing Frost.

Our supporter base has certainly booed Frost though.

I will be amazed if Jackson doesn't get the rounds of the table in a couple of weeks.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

Frost used to give me nightmares. I still very occasionally watch Hawks game and experience elevated heart rate when I see him near or with the football. 
Russian Roulette. 

The other AFL player that sprints off half back with no idea where they're going and undermines their defensive set up is Adam Saad.

The way Goodwin plays the percentages, I'm staggered Frost lasted as long as he did at Melbourne.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

I will be amazed if Jackson doesn't get the rounds of the table in a couple of weeks.

As he should.

Not sure how he and Frost are in any way comparable. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Clap 1

3 minutes ago, A F said:

The other AFL player that sprints off half back with no idea where they're going and undermines their defensive set up is Adam Saad.

The way Goodwin plays the percentages, I'm staggered Frost lasted as long as he did at Melbourne.

To be fair, we had very little options down back. Frost is not a bad defender, he's just terrible once he wins the contest.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, A F said:

I agree with you about Saad, my Carlton supporting brother drinks the cool-aid and says he's great. What I generally see is long kicks to nowhere mixed in with short kicks that too often miss their target in pressure situations.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, TRIGON said:

I agree with you about Saad, my Carlton supporting brother drinks the cool-aid and says he's great. What I generally see is long kicks to nowhere mixed in with short kicks that too often miss their target in pressure situations.

Yep, he's a real weakness in their system, but they don't have elite kickers or particularly good decision makers off half back, plus they're paying him a mint, so may as well use him.

If Carlton wins a flag with Saad in their backline, I'll be staggered.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jaded No More said:

As he should.

Not sure how he and Frost are in any way comparable. 

Im with you JNM.. I will be booing and cheering Jacko for the 1st game we play against him. This is my way of letting him know, that i wasn't happy when he left us hanging throughout the year, didnt put in 100% effort on numerous occasions and didn't do enough to secure a better deal for us.. The cheering is for the fact that Freo are in a nosedive, and that his trade actually ended up working out. 

I have no ill will against his choice to improve his life situation - i firmly believe that every player has a right to chose where they want to play and for how much - just as we all have a choice to decide where we want to work. He could have just managed the transition better and left on better terms than he did. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

People have got short memories.

Frost got booed loudly a few games back because he was getting very aggressive and downed a Melbourne player 

They haven't booed him for leaving melbourne. He was just a d*** when we played the Hawks with his faux toughness.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, A F said:

Yep, he's a real weakness in their system, but they don't have elite kickers or particularly good decision makers off half back, plus they're paying him a mint, so may as well use him.

If Carlton wins a flag with Saad in their backline, I'll be staggered.

Some of the media pundits have him in their rolling AA side. Yes he does put up some clangers, but i think its those around him that make him look terrible.

When he receives the ball or wins a groundball, the whole team should sprint forward for a quicker transition and create opportunity, but they dont and Saad is often sprinting into traffic with no options to go to hence the clanger.

If you put him into a hard running team like Colling or Geelong or even us, he would be a weapon.

• Like 1

Used to have a heart attack when Frosty got the pill, was very hard on the nerves. But now my eyes light up, come on Frosty, no fear, go for it. 🤣

Love him though, we should have a Favourite Frosty Memory thread.

I'll start, the run down tackle on WCE speedster Petrucelle. That was awesome!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Don't get too hard on Frost. He might actually make some right decisions tmrw. Now that would hurt wouldn't it ? He is not worth booing though. As for Jackson in a few weeks he should get the rounds of the kitchen.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Nascent said:

"how about that Harley Reid kid" - most hawks supporters probably

I know that I will be MIGHTILY amused if they tank their way to the bottom and then lose their draft pick due to the racism investigation. That would be true Karma to lose Harley Reid after tanking all year to get him 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dl4e said:

Don't get too hard on Frost. He might actually make some right decisions tmrw. Now that would hurt wouldn't it ? He is not worth booing though. As for Jackson in a few weeks he should get the rounds of the kitchen.

I wouldn't boo any player that was part of the only premiership I have seen, but that's just me. For those that choose to boo, knock yourselves out in a couple of weeks.

• Like 3