PREGAME: Rd 05 vs Essendon

Demonland

1 hour ago, leave it to deever said:

Gee I'm surprised at all the hate towards Essendon. Is it leftovers from 2000? I'm saving all my anger for the next time we play eagles, crows and lions. Their supporters are atrocious.

Yeah maybe some. 

1 minute ago, leave it to deever said:

I know I've let you down.

And you seemed so nice and so sane. 😭😭😭

Where will I find another you????

1 hour ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Yes.  Anger never subsides. Seeing Hardwick holding Brad Green's arms from behind whilst allowing the thug Wallis to punch Green in the throat. Disgraceful.  Together with Long’s dog act on Simmonds, two of the lowest acts seen in a GF. 

Heart skipped a beat even just reading this, brings it all right back. Then Dimma gloating about how Ox was a cry-baby in that game.

Respect for him as a footballer and coach but gee he leaves a sour taste. 

Edited by layzie
  • Like 2

I’ve got 2 mates who barrack for Essendon, love them both but they really do live in another world. A world where Essendon is still the best and Sheedy and Hird are legends. As opposed to the reality…their team is ordinary and has been for a long time now, Sheedy is a dribbling fool and Hird lost the collective respect of the football world by refusing to admit fault. 
However I think this is a massive danger game for us. Lever’s a big loss and Brown and rain, well you do the math! On top of that they’ll be throwing everything at us and there’s a sprinkling of talent on their list. Whilst I can guarantee we’ll win the Premiership I can’t guarantee a win tomorrow, although it is extremely likely. 

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Orion said:

I don't hate them.  No point hating any club or its supporters because you'll suffer everytime they win

That hasn't been much of an issue with the bombers for some time now.

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Orion said:

I don't hate them.  No point hating any club or its supporters because you'll suffer everytime they win

but through pain and suffering you can develop an even more intense hate

it's like preseason training, it conditions and refines

and sometimes you've got to pick yourself up and get back on the horse (hate)

Edited by daisycutter
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Orion said:

Why bother loving the Demons? You'll just suffer every time they lose?

It's the joy of sport, hating, loving, suffering, happiness all on something that is utterly meaningless in the scheme of things.

• Like 5
  • Clap 1

1 minute ago, binman said:

I thought of that gag and soon as i hit submit.

Thought it might be a touch lame to go back and edit my post with an intentional typo!

it's the internet....you can do anything

at least you didn't say proof-reading is such a boomer thing (thanks)

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Why bother loving the Demons? You'll just suffer every time they lose?

I don't suffer when Melbourne loses.  When we win I enjoy it.  If we lose then that's OK too because part of life is accepting that things don't always go the way you want.

Edited by Orion
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

it's the internet....you can do anything

at least you didn't say proof-reading is such a boomer thing (thanks)

Boomers and their obsession with syntax, grammar, accuracy and factual information!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Orion said:

True, but there is a spring in my step every time those [censored] lose. And I have been pretty springy stepped for a good decade now 

• Haha 1

Hate is such a strong word …….
It was obligatory to hate Pies as a Melbourne supporter in years gone, the two just went together and that DNA never goes away.

Hate Blues because they are Carlton.

Hate Dons since 2000 and their no responsibility drug saga enhanced it.

Hate Cats because of the unfair advantage they get.

The hate is unhealthy but the schadenfreude of watching those  teams lose was the only salve during the Dee Dark Days.

Edited by DeeMee
Mistake
  • Clap 1

On 4/12/2023 at 8:46 PM, FlashInThePan said:

In the podcast he mentioned that they typically use the bye round to do an additional running load block which helps set up fitness levels for the back half of the year. He mentioned that last year they didn’t have that ability but he didn’t say how heavily it impacted the program.

Hmmm.

Thank you for that.

35 minutes ago, DeeMee said:

Hate is such a strong word …….
It was obligatory to hate Pies as a Melbourne supporter in years gone, the two just went together and that DNA never goes away.

Hate Blues because they are Carlton.

Hate Dons since 2000 and their no responsibility drug saga enhanced it.

Hate Cats because of the unfair advantage they get.

The hate is unhealthy but the schadenfreude of watching those  teams lose was the only salve during the Dee Dark Days.

when we were so poor I enjoyed following Hafey's magpies. They were an exciting team. Have always had a second team when we're travelling badly. Liked West Coast in their "Cousin's prime" and GWS were always good to follow until Jeremy Cameron left. And of course North back in the days of Blight and the Krakouer brothers

Hate is such an emotional word

It's just a game.... Ted Lasso anyone?

Edited by Diamond_Jim
  • Like 1
  • Angry 1

2 hours ago, Roost it far said:

I’ve got 2 mates who barrack for Essendon, love them both but they really do live in another world. A world where Essendon is still the best and Sheedy and Hird are legends. As opposed to the reality…their team is ordinary and has been for a long time now, Sheedy is a dribbling fool and Hird lost the collective respect of the football world by refusing to admit fault. 
However I think this is a massive danger game for us. Lever’s a big loss and Brown and rain, well you do the math! On top of that they’ll be throwing everything at us and there’s a sprinkling of talent on their list. Whilst I can guarantee we’ll win the Premiership I can’t guarantee a win tomorrow, although it is extremely likely. 

With inclement weather it could be a night out for our smalls in who are all in good touch.