Hawks racism allegations (merged thread)

Demonland

Its a disgrace for Clarkson and Fagan had their names dragged through the mud (primarily by Football media) in the first place.

Edited by Jibroni
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, Jibroni said:

Its a disgrace for Clarkson and Fagan had their names dragged through the mud (primarily by Football media) in the first place.

The confidential report (unvetted and unproven) was leaked to the ABC . During Grand Final week no less for maximum impact.

On another matter the Reports author is accused of fraudulently obtaining hundreds of thousands of dollars from Murray Valley Aboriginal Cooperative

• Thanks 2

On 9/21/2022 at 9:42 AM, Lucifers Hero said:

I'm really struggling with this. 

That Clarkson and Fagan, men who are husbands and fathers would even contemplate such inhuman behaviours is rephrensible on so many levels: moral, abuse of power, racism. 

It is right up there with the Ess drug saga. Perhaps even worse in that it was deliberate, selective to one racial group and extended to controlling partners and family decisions that affect them for the rest of their lives.

It certainly puts a moral stain on Clarkson's 4 premierships.

Do you still think it does?

7 minutes ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

Do you still think it does?

No.

To be fair, I don't recall what info was in the public domain at that time I wrote that.  As more came out and I read more widely on it I could see the total unfairness of it all for Clarkson and Fagan.

Clarkson and Fagan should never have been named.  It is very sad all round.

PS not sure of the value of going back to the beginning of this and dragging up so many old posts to challenge.

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 1

What about the findings against Russell Jackson, the ABC and Phil Egan? Or are they immune from publishing such one-sided defamatory material?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Lucifers Hero said:

No.

To be fair, I don't recall what info was in the public domain at that time I wrote that.  As more came out and I read more widely on it I could see the total unfairness of it all for Clarkson and Fagan.

Clarkson and Fagan should never have been named.  It is very sad all round.

PS not sure of the value of going back to the beginning of this and dragging up so many old posts.

Really?

The pile on was obvious

Nothing personal, but unfortunately it doesn't reflect well on you, and many others

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

Really?

The pile on was obvious

Nothing personal, but unfortunately it doesn't reflect well on you, and many others

That sounds personal to me!

• Like 1

I don't know that this latest development proves anything one way or the other apart from the AFL being very keen on sweeping potentially embarrassing matters under the rug and protecting their brand.

Suspect we haven't heard the last of this and there is still more to be played out.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Demonstone said:

I don't know that this latest development proves anything one way or the other apart from the AFL being very keen on sweeping potentially embarrassing matters under the rug and protecting their brand.

Suspect we haven't heard the last of this and there is still more to be played out.

This. 
The only people exonerated right now is Gil and the salesman he got his carpet from. 

Nobody has been proven guilty or otherwise, but by pulling the classic “nothing to see here” move, all the AFL has once again done is left mud everywhere.

Clarkson, Fagan and the HFC will have this mark against their name for a long time regardless of whether it’s deserved or not, and those who made the allegations get no real resolution either. And in the end we’ve made no progress on indigenous relations.

But hey, WE SAVED THE BRAND

• Clap 2

5 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

This. 
The only people exonerated right now is Gil and the salesman he got his carpet from. 

Nobody has been proven guilty or otherwise, but by pulling the classic “nothing to see here” move, all the AFL has once again done is left mud everywhere.

Clarkson, Fagan and the HFC will have this mark against their name for a long time regardless of whether it’s deserved or not, and those who made the allegations get no real resolution either. And in the end we’ve made no progress on indigenous relations.

But hey, WE SAVED THE BRAND

Spare us the drama

There's no Houdini act here

This is a [censored] show of the highest order, all that has happened today is the acknowledgement that the (lack of) process has been unfair on all parties

1 minute ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

Spare us the drama

There's no Houdini act here

This is a [censored] show of the highest order, all that has happened today is the acknowledgement that the (lack of) process has been unfair on all parties

So you agree with how this process was “resolved”?

You reckon Clarkson and Fagan are happy with this ending? 

You seem incredibly angry and hell bent on calling everyone out in here. Do you have some personal involvement in this matter? 

Edited by Jaded No More
  • Like 2

Just now, Jaded No More said:

So you agree with how this process was “resolved”?

You reckon Clarkson and Fagan are happy with this ending? 

Surely there is no happy ending for anyone in this

My point is to simply call out some of the reactions made early on, which were quite obviously a pile on in the absence of objective facts that have never materialised

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

54 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

The confidential report (unvetted and unproven) was leaked to the ABC . During Grand Final week no less for maximum impact.

On another matter the Reports author is accused of fraudulently obtaining hundreds of thousands of dollars from Murray Valley Aboriginal Cooperative

Inconvenient truth...as they say.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2022 at 8:38 PM, Bitter but optimistic said:

I have a concern. As far as I know , in Australia, we act under the presumption of innocence.  I am concerned that that crucial principal is getting lost in the emotion that this situation has stirred up up.

I certainly don't know the truth of this matter. Let's see what this enquiry reveals.

I will make no further comment until such enquiry is completed.

PS. I suggest a few others do the same.

I believe this was my last comment on this matter.

Well the enquiry has been completed - probably to the satisfaction of no one.

Be that as it may, the presumption of innocence must stand!

If any of the parties wish to take the matter further, then I believe there are avenues to do so and we must await any outcomes.

I believe any further discussion , at this time,  will only lead to unnecessary ( and by the fact of a closed investigation ) pointless vitriol.

I respectfully suggest that this thread be closed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 2