Farewell Brodie Grundy

Ouch!

19 minutes ago, Big Red Rooster said:

If you look at it the value of each pick using the points system, the cats end up being slightly ahead with this trade.  Ultimately it will depend on how much the Cats want Henry to fill the void when Tomahawk retires.

The points system is indicative value to allows F/S and academy bids. The need to constantly look at points value to convince oneself that a club would abandon a top selection is utter nonsense. Picks 13 and 35 do not ‘equal or exceed’ Pick 7.

‘ I have 4 picks in the 20s - can you please give me pick 1 please?’ 🙄

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rpfc said:

The points system is indicative value to allows F/S and academy bids. The need to constantly look at points value to convince oneself that a club would abandon a top selection is utter nonsense. Picks 13 and 35 do not ‘equal or exceed’ Pick 7.

‘ I have 4 picks in the 20s - can you please give me pick 1 please?’ 🙄

You misread. We should trade Dees picks 13, 27 and F2 for Cats picks 7, 25.  Win-win-win if Dees want to land Grundy, Cats want to land Henry and Pies want better draft picks from Cats and Dees.

Edited by Big Red Rooster
  • Like 1

At least the club recognised that Grundy was a salary dump, unlike some on here who were happy to give up a 1st rounder.

Well done to Tim Lamb for not giving up anymore than pick 27. But the question is how much of Grundy's contract we are paying.

• Like 10